Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
No one played those songs but fukk all of this

Yale saved basketball 🙌🏿

Dumbest shyt I’ve ever heard go look at where they charted. And go look at the tour numbers :mjlol:

Drake is way more popular across the entire population but Kendrick is one of the most popular and critically acclaimed hip-hop artists with a large and dedicated fanbase.

And I’m not biased towards either artist I enjoy them both. I just said the Prince comparison doesn’t make sense to me.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Im not understanding the negative reaction of kendrick's diss. No it's not the most lyrically devastating diss of all time but his diss was sharp enough to make a major statement. If you been a Kendrick fan a long enough then you should know that he's direct and to the point. He's not gonna over complicate his bars just to make it sound pretty.

What made this verse so good wasn't what he was saying but how he was saying it. Kendrick has a powerful voice that cuts through. You feel what he's saying. You can hear the aggression in his voice and delivery. He has a commanding presence on the mic that makes you listen.

Plus I'm certain that KDot got some shyt in the tuck for Drake and Cole. Like That was just a demonstration of "I'm still that nikka...y'all must've forgot".

And i think the reason why this has made everyone go crazy is because people are starving for any type of excitement and competitiveness in hip hop right now that has been at its weakest.

KillKenny

Pro
Daps
Section 80 - 2011
GKMC - 2012 (basically 2013 given how late it dropped)
TPAB - 2015
Untitled - 2016
Damn - 2017
BP soundtrack- 2018

Let’s not act like that long break was the norm, Kenny likely would’ve dropped in 2020 had the pandemic not happened, breh cares about touring and wouldn’t have dropped an album he couldn’t tour

Breh has a lot to prove having his own label, I have no evidence but firmly believe he’s droppin this year
I kinda agree but one can remove Untitled and BP, and your left with GKMC +3, TPAB +2, and DAMN +3 for 2020. So it is pretty much 3 years for a real studio album, and 1.5 for a side project...

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As soon as I heard the track my mind went right to Lil Wayne's song on Drought 3. I can't feel my face

I couldn't put my finger on it because i barely listen to Wayne but, this is it...i knew that shyt was a sample :heh:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
This shyt got more replies than the album thread :mjlol: .....and let's be honest. Most of those replies are for the Kendrick diss too. But muthafukkers act like Kendrick still don't move the needle.

Kenny can shut the world down any time he wants. Don't ever forget that :childplease:
He dis two of the biggest rappers lol

If any star rapper do that it will move the needle

Daps
K Dot's verse was an hors d'oeuvre, this was not an Ether or anything.

Who knows what's been said behind the screen between them... he's my favorite rapper ever, but I thought this faux battling shyt was behind him as a grown man. I want a MMTBS sequel, but more jazz and non sequitur/non-linear style writing.

He clearly still feels the need to prove himself. I don't know if rap is really like that anymore. He should talk to Andre.