Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I mean I just took the Prince/MJ bar as two heavyweights in the music industry, Prince literally outlived Michael, and how Drake always compares himself to Michael. Prince was a bit more experimental than Michael too.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhhh I think Michael commands slightly more respect as he was the rare child prodigy who managed to become even BIGGER as an adult. Smokey Robinson and Jackie Wilson were calling Michael the greatest when he was TWELVE YEARS OLD. Michael is the first and to date ONLY recording artist ever to be inducted into the dance hall of fame. Michael was and is respected the world over.

Prince might get props for being a true musical auteur but I think its not as played up as it should be, meaning the general populace isn’t aware that Prince would routinely play ALL THE INSTRUMENTS on his songs in addition to writing and producing them. Stevie Wonder gets more credit and acclaim for this than Prince seems to.

Michael too was an underrated producer. Even though he didn’t play instruments he could instruct musicians on what and how he wanted a melody to play out. He could perfectly mimic instruments and put those mimics on tape so when the studio musicians came to recording sessions he’d have them listen and play out the ideas exactly as he’d thought them up. Michael and Quincy almost fell out because Michael wanted co-producer credit on Billie Jean and Quincy refused to give it to him. Michael basically put Billie Jean together himself, the demo version is extremely similar to the mastered version.

Prince wrote more songs than Michael but Michael actually wrote bigger hits. And that starts with his time as a member of the Jacksons writing the number 1 hit Shake Your Body. Michael wrote most of his own biggest hits. I think the only number 1 charting song he ever had that WASN’T written by himself was You Are Not Alone. Michael’s respect in the industry and amongst fans trumps Prince’s
Bruh there’s a good chunk of the population that thinks Michael is a pedophile that’s one of the worst things you can be as a human.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I mean Prince DID outlive Michael breh. Prince’s new material was also more relevant during the later part of his career than MJ managed (mostly due to his health and controversies not because of any decline in skill or ability) its not rocket science to conclude that Kendrick is saying in the most exaggerated manner possible that his music and career longevity will outlast Drake’s. In the same way that Nas is still making a case for his GOAT status 30 years after Illmatic while Jay seems to have thrown in the towel, Kendrick could very well be making acclaimed music years and years after Drake’s last ghostwriter hangs it up.

Also worth noting that Kendrick actually worked with Prince and had a relationship with him, whereas Drake purchased some MJ vocals and called it a feature/collaboration.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
nikka no I don't wanna hear what u saying if u even REMOTELY trying to imply Kendrick is a better artist than MJ. It's fukking stupid. I'm not simplifying Prince. Prince one of the GOATS. BUT people like to downplay MJ's artistry just cause Prince plays a bunch of instruments. MJ was more creative than Prince. Facts. Prince was more gifted musically on a technical level. Facts. But where MJ lacked as a musician. He made up for in creativity. And vision. And vice versa. MJ wasn't just some entertainer. And anyone who worked with him would tell u that. That nikka was an ARTIST and perfectionist and wrote and cowrote alot of his hits. As well as produced.
Yall nikkas too emotional. And I rock with you as a poster breh but you making a lotta assumptions rn :skip:

Name some albums michael jackson produced for other people? Performed, mixed, and mastered?

Nobody tryna take away from breh. But his skillset ain't have what prince had. How am I supposed to hold less respect towards the person doing more and more difficult tasks?

Prince literally got a vault full of shyt we haven't even heard yet. Not loosies or demos. WHOLE ALBUMS

Breh, it ain't many artists on his level. People ain't covering Michael jackson songs like they do prince. Why's that? Cause musicians feel prince's music more and understand the difference. Prince's music was more artsy qmd experimental. I'll admit I'm biased since I aint really into pop. MJ played around with different sounds over his career but it still safer than prince at his tamest

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who’s saying that Prince line ‘doesn’t make sense’ I’m lookin at you funny

Whether you agree Prince is more musical than Mike doesn’t really matter. It’s provocative, it’s edgy, it’s dark, it’s contrarian. That’s what hip hop is. Taking what everybody doin, or what a ngga exults, and flip it.

Reminds me of when Kiss said ‘Nggas think they Scarface but they ain’t see the end of the movie’. :scusthov:

Hip hop 101. Nggas on some nerd shyt ‘uh well technically uhh :troll:

BarbieHTX

Rookie
Daps
I feel like I missed something. Why does Kendrick dislike Drake in the first place?

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Yall nikkas too emotional. And I rock with you as a poster breh but you making a lotta assumptions rn :skip:

Name some albums michael jackson produced for other people? Performed, mixed, and mastered?

Nobody tryna take away from breh. But his skillset ain't have what prince had. How am I supposed to hold less respect towards the person doing more and more difficult tasks?

Prince literally got a vault full of shyt we haven't even heard yet. Not loosies or demos. WHOLE ALBUMS

Breh, it ain't many artists on his level. People ain't covering Michael jackson songs like they do prince. Why's that? Cause musicians feel prince's music more and understand the difference. Prince's music was more artsy qmd experimental. I'll admit I'm biased since I aint really into pop. MJ played around with different sounds over his career but it still safer than prince at his tamest
He's a known Michael jackson dikkrider on here. Don't take him seriously lol

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick is a fukking clown. MJ was a supreme artist, he just didn't have as much facility on multiple instruments like Prince did, another genius. Acting like MJ is just a commercial preference is proof Kendrick is a dummy.