Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Don’t even have to browse the 551 replies.

The usual suspects in here fuming at a screen. :dead:
nikkas really laid up on the phone
PngItem_5981259.png

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
That’s was 2011 and the benefit of being Roc Nation and Miguel wasn’t a star, getting a Cole feature was bigger for him than Cole being on a Miguel song. 2011 Kendrick dropped section 80 and was just as big of a name as Cole. You stay remixing shyt for convenience
Fukk that midget fakkit

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Naw let’s not do this lol

Cole was going to sign k dot

Cole produced Hii power

Section. 80 only sold 5,000 copies in July 2011

The same year, 2011 sideline story went number 1 in the country

Workout was 11 on the charts
Can’t get enough was 52 on the charts
He had a hit single with Miguel in 2010

Cole was headlining his own world tour in 2011

He was opening up for Rihanna performing Friday night lights
No one said section 80 sold a lot, that shyt was still a movement of an album that had Kendrick being anticipated heavily. And it wasn’t because of Cole - Cole did not have the power of a co-sign at that time. No one is denying that they worked together, there’s levels to this. Drake’s looks were infinitely more powerful than anything Cole did at that point cuz Cole wasnt the juggernaut Drake was. Literally every comparison of them back then pigeonholed cole as the critical fave (nas) and drake as the superstar (jay)

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Why do people ask this like it’s a flex? Might as well say ‘hi, I’m a wave riding casual’

The culture is upside down, what “people” care about don’t have shyt to do with quality. People ‘cared about’ every new mumble rapper out of Atlanta. That mean it’s good? That type of energy is for culture vultures
I don’t know of any rappers that mumble

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one said section 80 sold a lot, that shyt was still a movement of an album that had Kendrick being anticipated heavily. And it wasn’t because of Cole - Cole did not have the power of a co-sign at that time. No one is denying that they worked together, there’s levels to this. Drake’s looks were infinitely more powerful than anything Cole did at that point cuz Cole wasnt the juggernaut Drake was. Literally every comparison of them back then pigeonholed cole as the critical fave (nas) and drake as the superstar (jay)

Section 80 I still my favorite album and most is hip hop blog heads were the ones who listened

You said Cole was never bigger than Kendrick when there was a time he really was

Oh yeah I agree Drakes involvement was bigger

He let Kendrick open for him, let him have his own song on take care, featured on one of his singles, but that’s besides the point

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Naw let’s not do this lol

Cole was going to sign k dot

Cole produced Hii power

Section. 80 only sold 5,000 copies in July 2011

The same year, 2011 sideline story went number 1 in the country

Workout was 11 on the charts
Can’t get enough was 52 on the charts
He had a hit single with Miguel in 2010

Cole was headlining his own world tour in 2011

He was opening up for Rihanna performing Friday night lights
I can't believe these nikkas even arguing this shyt at this point. And @dora_da_destroyer always on some sassy shyt whether she wrong or right so I'm not even arguing anymore. Lol. I remember that time frame like it was yesterday. Anyone saying Cole was never bigger than Kendrick is purely delusional. Cole already had a hit record by the time Kendrick blew up.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
caught that the first time shyt was tough. whats even more crazy/dope is that e-40 rapped over this beat on Charlie Hustle album and the song featured Cash Money:wow:

the layers:wow:

Mans said the layers :bryan: Nggas trying to make that line into some God Did level triple entendre. Ayo :mjlol: Some of you didnt get to experience the golden era(s) and rappers and you’re forcing it

Your girl a J O, no felony
Coli:

busta-rhymes-rap-battle.gif

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe these nikkas even arguing this shyt at this point. And @dora_da_destroyer always on some sassy shyt whether she wrong or right so I'm not even arguing anymore. Lol. I remember that time frame like it was yesterday. Anyone saying Cole was never bigger than Kendrick is purely delusional. Cole already had a hit record by the time Kendrick blew up.

Yep!

same bro.

There’s a bunch of revisionist history going on in this thread.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Section 80 I still my favorite album and most is hip hop blog heads were the ones who listened

You said Cole was never bigger than Kendrick when there was a time he really was
Ehh, if you want to consider it that. Cole hit the mixtape circuit before Kendrick and got his debut out. One that did well because of assists from Missy and Drake and a very girl-friendly song, but that album was a huge letdown for fans. Cole’s name was not a co-sign that was going to get you looks like Drake’s was at the time, trying to act like a coke produced track is doing anywhere near the same as drake giving Kendrick an interlude is a lie.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
First-person shooter mode,
we turning your song to a funeral

To them nikkas that say they wanna off us,
you better be talkin,'bout workin' in cubicles
Yeah, them boys had it locked, but I knew the code
Lot of nikkas debating my numeral
Not the three, not the two, I'm the U-N-O

- J Cole (First Person Shooter)

Checks over stripes, that’s what I like

- Drake (Sicko Mode)

These nikkas talkin' outta they necks
Don't pull no coffin out of your mouth,

I'm way too paranoid for a threat
D-O-T, the money, power, RESPECT

The last one is better
Say, it's a lotta
GOOFIES with aCHECK

- Kendrick Lamar (Like That)

GJS9bc_WwAACLit

0f4e16b5332c2cdfbe0f79eb137eff10.jpeg
doot doot doot doot

kendrick-lamar.gif

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ehh, if you want to consider it that. Cole hit the mixtape circuit before Kendrick and got his debut out. One that did well because of assists from Missy and Drake and a very girl-friendly song, but that album was a huge letdown for fans. Cole’s name was not a co-sign that was going to get you looks like Drake’s was at the time, trying to act like a coke produced track is doing anywhere near the same as drake giving Kendrick an interlude is a lie.
:mjlol: This bytch arguing just to argue at this point.