Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
It might be time and I don't think it's a "I just don't like that nikka" kind of thing. The way both of their careers have evolved has brought us to this moment.

5 years ago I could give KDot the nod, but Cole has gotten to a place where I don't think there is an MC better than him.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
The Melle Mel line is a funny one cause Mel was just shytting on him & the whole game last year lol

Cool. Let me know when him and MC Shan put them BITTER AND TENDER TOUR tickets on sale

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Cole was never bigger than Kendrick unless you talking 2009/10. And a cole production wasn’t moving no needle re: moving units or gaining anyone notoriety back then, it doesn’t now :heh: Kendrick literally got national acclaim off section 80 and a full mainstream push by being co-signed by Dre/The Recipe drop. Cole wasn’t in position to be putting no one on back then, he was struggling to find his own footing after a disappointing debut
Here we go with ur takes. Kendrick didn't get bigger than Cole until like 2012. Cole produced one of Kendricks best songs up until that point with High Powerr. Stop being revisionist. Wale was bigger than Kendrick as well. It was all about Wale, Cole, and Drake before it was Kendrick, Cole and Drake. Cut the shyt out and I met Kendrick right before GKMC dropped. What u saying is pure bs.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Here we go with ur takes. Kendrick didn't get bigger than Cole until like 2012. Cole produced one of Kendricks best songs up until that point with High Powerr. Stop being revisionist. Wale was bigger than Kendrick as well. It was all about Wale, Cole, and Drake before it was Kendrick, Cole and Drake. Cut the shyt out and I met Kendrick right before GKMC dropped. What u saying is pure bs.
No one cares who you met - you forever puttin 20 on 10. Cole did not have The clout to have “helped Kendrick greatly”, they were peers collaborating. Drake, sure, placements on his album and being in tour with him was great exposure. Cole was still just the nice kid with potential who had yet to truly blow up himself.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Name a single moment from that album that people cared about?

Why do people ask this like it’s a flex? Might as well say ‘hi, I’m a wave riding casual’

The culture is upside down, what “people” care about don’t have shyt to do with quality. People ‘cared about’ every new mumble rapper out of Atlanta. That mean it’s good? That type of energy is for culture vultures

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
When did Wale ever get into Big 3 discussions :mjlol:
As if that nikka wasn’t on life support himself til Ross threw him a lifeline. A lot of revision going on. Wasn’t no “big 3” until the new class was fully established in 12/13, before that they all had moments including dudes like Wiz, Krit and Cudi

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
No one cares who you met - you forever puttin 20 on 10. Cole did not have The clout to have “helped Kendrick greatly”, they were peers collaborating. Drake, sure, placements on his album and being in tour with him was great exposure. Cole was still just the nice kid with potential who had yet to truly blow up himself.
What fukkin reality do u live in? Cole already was featuring with Beyonce and Miguel and had hit records by the time Kendrick blew up. What are u even talking about?

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cole was never bigger than Kendrick unless you talking 2009/10. And a cole production wasn’t moving no needle re: moving units or gaining anyone notoriety back then, it doesn’t now :heh: Kendrick literally got national acclaim off section 80 and a full mainstream push by being co-signed by Dre/The Recipe drop. Cole wasn’t in position to be putting no one on back then, he was struggling to find his own footing after a disappointing debut

Naw let’s not do this lol

Cole was going to sign k dot

Cole produced Hii power

Section. 80 only sold 5,000 copies in July 2011

The same year, 2011 sideline story went number 1 in the country

Workout was 11 on the charts
Can’t get enough was 52 on the charts
He had a hit single with Miguel in 2010

Cole was headlining his own world tour in 2011

He was opening up for Rihanna performing Friday night lights

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What fukkin reality do u live in? Cole already was featuring with Beyonce and Miguel and had hit records by the time Kendrick blew up. What are u even talking about?
That’s was 2011 and the benefit of being Roc Nation and Miguel wasn’t a star, getting a Cole feature was bigger for him than Cole being on a Miguel song. 2011 Kendrick dropped section 80 and was just as big of a name as Cole. You stay remixing shyt for convenience