Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No offense because I love krit, but krit is not on that level at ALL. If anything he's a 1 dimentional artist that keep making the same music over and over again.

Not to mension, as far as acclaim go, he's nowhere near Kendrick. Kendrick literally has the 2 highest acclaimed hip hop albums ever so as far as respect ACCLAIM go, krit is not up there with Kendrick at all and it's not even close to being close! We're talking about 2 very, very different leagues there. The acclaim kendrick got for his albums were so high that he instantly cracked the discussion for best albums of all time in any motherfukking genre...shyt transcends hip-hop.

He's def better than cole and drake though

I have a question then.

If record sales don’t dictate quality

if award shows don’t dictate what was good

If reviews don’t dictate whether a project was good or not

When does “acclaim” matter?

When the same people who are in charge of the marketing, budgets, awards shows, are the same people in charge of those who write and give ratings

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
No offense because I love krit, but krit is not on that level at ALL. If anything he's a 1 dimentional artist that keep making the same music over and over again.

Not to mension, as far as acclaim go, he's nowhere near Kendrick. Kendrick literally has the 2 highest acclaimed hip hop albums ever so as far as respect ACCLAIM go, krit is not up there with Kendrick at all and it's not even close to being close! We're talking about 2 very, very different leagues there. The acclaim kendrick got for his albums were so high that he instantly cracked the discussion for best albums of all time in any motherfukking genre...shyt transcends hip-hop.

He's def better than cole and drake though
"He keeps making the same music over and over" :dahell:

Tell me how the last album sounds like his first then :skip:

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a question then.

If record sales don’t dictate quality

if award shows don’t dictate what was good

If reviews don’t dictate whether a project was good or not

When does “acclaim” matter?

When the same people who are in charge of the marketing, budgets, awards shows, are the same people in charge of those who write and give ratings
lol those are not in wharge of reviews and ratings, a lot of them are independent, a lot of them are even given by listeners while other are given by people with vast musical knowledge.
As far as I know, as a former music lecturer, I have never seen a single bad album getting the critical acclaim, just like I have never seen a good album not getting acclaimed.

Music is not entirely subjective, but most people usually get their own taste and straight music quality confused...a lot of them ain't qualified to discuss music quality either.