Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I already said he doesn't need beef for buzz. He's big enough to generate a ton of attention by dropping his own music.

But the reality is the last three time in a row that Kendrick broke his silence and dropped some music, it included some Drake shots.

So he's clearly acting like he needs the Drake beef to create some attention for himself.

His album roll out was simply The Heart 5 and dropped straight after that.
Wasn't off the back of any diss. His last feature was almost a year before that with Keem.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
His album roll out was simply the Heart 5 and dropped straight after that.
Wasn't off the back of any diss. His last feature was almost a year before that with Keem.

...and what was he talking about on that feature with Keem? He was talking about "smoking on top 5s", "fukk that album", "number 2 DMing my bytch", etc.

He was going at Drake with Keem on that song and it made people feel excited like he was gonna tear Drake head off in his upcoming music.

Out of all the music dropped in the last few years by Kendrick. Heart V, Beyoncé remix, and the Big Steppers album are probably the only pieces of music that didn't entertain this Drake beef.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
...and what was he talking about on that feature with Keem? He was talking about "smoking on top 5s", "fukk that album", "number 2 DMing my bytch", etc.

He was going at Drake with Keem on that song and it made people feel excited like he was gonna tear Drake head off in his upcoming music.

Out of all the music dropped in the last few years by Kendrick. Heart V, Beyoncé remix, and the Big Steppers album are probably the only pieces of music that didn't entertain this Drake beef
The and is you just said everytime he goes quiet and pops back out it's with a diss.

He was quiet and dropped the Heart 5 and an album :dahell:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im for whatever disses from whomever involved but the origins of these are weak.

Pillow talking
A rapper doing an album with another rapper
An unfollow on IG
Feeling my album was better than your album

I could see if somebody owed some money, or there was some public flagrant disrespect but these reasons make it kinda laughable

Rappers have never needed a legitimate reason to diss another rapper.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
I’m

Out of all the music dropped in the last few years by Kendrick. Heart V, Beyoncé remix, and the Big Steppers album are probably the only pieces of music that didn't entertain this Drake beef.

Shut the fukk up :laff:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
so only like 3 songs did? ok.
The and is you just said everytime he goes quiet and pops back out it's with a diss.

He was quiet and dropped the Heart 5 and an album :dahell:

Ya that was the one time but let's not act like Family Ties and the "Big Steppers" album name didn't have people feeling like he was gonna tear Drake head off.

Only other time he didn't mention Drake was the Beyoncé remix.

If he dropped more of his own music and remained active then I wouldn't be able to say he's focusing on entertaining this beef too much. But right now he's used Drake 3 times in recent years to come back to the music game. And that's facts. It's not debatable.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
The difference between Drake and Kendrick dissing each other is Drake will actually drop his own projects and features with the occasional sub at Kendrick taking too much time off in between. Cole throws subs too but it's way too subliminal to ever know who he's talking about.

Kendrick literally breaks his long silence with a Drake shot and very rarely drops any of his own music in between. And you see a thread like this every time with people thinking the beef is finally getting serious but never does.

It's been a long time where Kendrick actually got people genuinely excited with a single or verse that didn't include shots or subs - just purely good music. Probably since DAMN. Heart V was cool, but it wasn't a hit like that.

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Ya that was the one time but let's not act like Family Ties and the "Big Steppers" album name didn't have people feeling like he was gonna tear Drake head off.

No people were just excited to here Kendrick because he hadn't came out in over 5 years. I didn't hear anybody even mentioning Drake beef in the run up to the album..

If he really was using beef to promote music, surely you do it the one time you are actually dropping an album no?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
No people were just excited to here Kendrick because he hadn't came out in over 5 years. I didn't hear anybody even mentioning Drake beef in the run up to it.

Nah fam, you can go back to those old threads and find people discussing him going at Drake on Family Ties.

Yes the anticipation factor played a role cause Kendrick was gone for a long time before that, but there was some additional noise that generated from who Kendrick was shooting at on that song.

If he really was using beef to promote music, surely you do it the one time you are actually dropping an album no?

This is a fair point. But he could also be doing it to keep his name out there since he goes on these long breaks without dropping his own music, or this could be the start of a new rollout.

Either way, I'm cool with the competition. Just don't make that your main focus. Drop your own music too. Especially if you think if you're as good as Drake and Cole.

Last edited:

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I agree with this. Not bc of the ‘mess up the money’, but bc they just too old for this. And i don’t say that in derogatory way rap fans typically do. I say it in terms of beef and the energy thats needed for it doesn’t match with Kendrick being 36. Drake 37. Cole 39. So I know it’s forced. This was supposed to happen 10 years ago .

Jay was 30 when he made takeover. Nas was 27. Big and Pac was like 23 in their beef.

It really underscores how childish the public perception/expectations are of the black male mind is. On some stunted growth.
I don’t see how this matters, different people in different eras and different circumstances. People can have problems with each other as long as the world is revolving, and let’s not pretend we haven’t seen people in their 40’s beef like Pusha didn’t just grill this nikka a few years back.

Only other time he didn't mention Drake was the Beyoncé remix.

If he dropped more of his own music and remained active then I wouldn't be able to say he's focusing on entertaining this beef too much. But right now he's used Drake 3 times in recent years to come back to the music game. And that's facts. It's not debatable.
Truthfully, I be lyin' in my rap song
'Cause I always fail to mention I'd slap homie
His career didn't come with no life insurance
Hope his day one fans got some facts on him

I'm an honorary Beyhive, let's see why
Them diamonds don't be fly, they all CGI
You better get it off your chest like breast reduction
If she stressed over you, she stressed for nothin

her loss
:francis:

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I don’t see how this matters, different people in different eras and different circumstances. People can have problems with each other as long as the world is revolving, and let’s not pretend we haven’t seen people in their 40’s not beef like Pusha didn’t just grill this nikka a few years back.

Truthfully, I be lyin' in my rap song
'Cause I always fail to mention I'd slap homie
His career didn't come with no life insurance
Hope his day one fans got some facts on him

I'm an honorary Beyhive, let's see why
Them diamonds don't be fly, they all CGI
You better get it off your chest like breast reduction
If she stressed over you, she stressed for nothin

her loss
:francis:

Lol I stand corrected.