Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To the Drake stans, when you listen to this song and are confused how anyone could like it, or think it's not worth the attention it's getting....that's exactly how I feel when I hear a Drake song.

I don't like this song much, but I'm glad it cleared that up at least.

Fred.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I st don't like how he has these bait song titles but the content is weak. I been calling him a fake black power nikka and that's exactly what he is. He's a wannabe Pac,but if you wanna do that be upfront with what you talking bout. Speak LOUD AND CLEAR. Nobody gives a fukk about your underlying meanings nikka. King Kunta should've been some classic content. Y'all letting this nikka slide. I like some of his shyt but I dint get why songs like this and I are so popular /respected.
This articulates my biggest problem with him

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
This articulates my biggest problem with him

That's certainly the most frustrating part, but honestly... Kendrick's just a terrible rapper. That's my biggest issue. His beats are pillow music and his overall flow is terrible.

I don't fukk with fraud rappers in general, but if I'm gonna make an exception, at least make great music. Duckworth makes weak music then covers it up with "black power" salad dressing. Which goes past "weak music territory" into "insulting territory"

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
DeleteDeleteDelete.gif

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I fukk wit it. Kendrick expanding his sound with songs like this and i. It's hip-hop enough to not alienate fans, but a different enough sound that cacs might hop on board. Really falling into that Outkast lane for sure. :ehh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Somebody like snoop or mystikal would wreck this...Hell I don't think ANYBODY in TDE could rock this beat right, i'm not really looking for "groove" from kendrick especially if you're going to start talking all this resurrecting "funk" shyt from a rapper that really isn't that 'funky'.

But those are just labels that you place on an artist because of what you're familiar with. Eventually a rapper has to erase a stigma or categorization to advance as an artist, so Kendrick is changing his image from this more conservative, lyrical beast into an all-around musician who can express his craft in a different way. You're not looking for "groove" from Kendrick because that's not what you're accustomed to, but songs like "i" (and it's performance) and this one is being used to ease you into more open-minded listening. That way Kendrick doesn't have to stick to a certain lane throughout the rest of his career.

That being said, if he's going to pull this off and be more diverse with his music then he's going to need to use features wisely :patrice:

This reminds me of when everyone first heard "Los Awesome" and threw it in the bushes, but once it grew on me I realized that I can be much more open-minded about what to expect from Q. This is kind of similar :yeshrug:

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
I wonder who Kendrick is talking about

I can dig rapping, but a rapper with a ghost writer
What the fukk happened?
(Oh no) I swore I wouldn't tell
But most of you share bars like you got the bottom bunk in a two man cell
(A two man cell)

I remember you was conflicted, misusing your influence :mjcry:

I think it's directed towards Lil Wayne & Drake personally.

Got to 1:44 of this song

Now got to Drake verse at 2:50 in this video

:yeshrug:Bar sharing /ghost writing :manny: