Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Even with the Pusha diss drake clearly wasn’t dissing pusha’s wife.. it was a simple wordplay name mention line.. Pusha the one that initiated the family angle by getting personal.. a name mention in a beef doesn’t equal an angle to me.. shyt gotta be actual disrespect
Not true, and Push explained all this afterwards.

When drake dropped duppy freestyle, there were tons of people speculating that drake may have had some type of relationship with Pusha's wife.

Drake knows exactly what he's doing when name drops people's girls, he wants people speculating.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don’t believe so.. I believe he said that because he already had intel on family matters before he decided to take it there.. and was telling him yea don’t do that.. it’s not a chess move when you are getting fed intel on your opp’s next move. Drake clearly had very few angles to use on Kendrick & eventually resulted to blatantly lying & still never brought up Whitney fukking a body guard again after that. There was nothing direct about that name drop in reality
You're taking the bodyguard line way too literal. The point was to imply he had some information that Whitney was cheating, people theorized this online, and that's the exact angle Drake ended up going with.

The bodyguard line could've also implied Drake had information that Whitney needed protection, and he called Kendrick abusive on his next diss.

Claiming that Drake's bodyguard line was just simple wordplay is like claiming kendrick's "you make music to pacify them" was also just wordplay and not a threat to bring up the minor shyt in future disses.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even with the Pusha diss drake clearly wasn’t dissing pusha’s wife.. it was a simple wordplay name mention line.. Pusha the one that initiated the family angle by getting personal.. a name mention in a beef doesn’t equal an angle to me.. shyt gotta be actual disrespect
You mention my wife/girl's name in a song, it becomes personal.

Drake knows what he's doing.

He mentioned Push's wife and people assumed he smashed.

He mentioned Whitney and people assumed that she was fukking her bodyguard, he had his stans wondering if the big red button was that he smashed her.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Uptown Bronx
You're taking the bodyguard line way too literal. The point was to imply he had some information that Whitney was cheating, people theorized this online, and that's the exact angle Drake ended up going with.

The bodyguard line could've also implied Drake had information that Whitney needed protection, and he called Kendrick abusive on his next diss.

Claiming that Drake's bodyguard line was just simple wordplay is like claiming kendrick's "you make music to pacify them" was also just wordplay and not a threat to bring up the minor shyt in future disses.
The first point is reach imo but the 2nd point I can see being valid so ok.. as far as the pacify line I think a better equivalence would be Kendrick mentioning gunna or future etc.. name drops aren’t necessarily a diss to them or an angle & with no real set up no one was really sure what drake meant by his Whitney name drop outside of the surface level Whitney Houston reference

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The first point is reach imo but the 2nd point I can see being valid so ok.. as far as the pacify line I think a better equivalence would be Kendrick mentioning gunna or future etc.. name drops aren’t necessarily a diss to them or an angle & with no real set up no one was really sure what drake meant by his Whitney name drop outside of the surface level Whitney Houston reference
The shyt was clearly an angle breh

The movie bodyguard was about Whitney falling in love with a man protecting her from a crazy man. The implication could've been that kendrick's abuse ran Whitney into the arms of another man, that's essentially the basis of his attack at Kendrick on family matters.

You're being obtuse about that line.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean referencing a movie where Whitney fukks her bodyguard:unimpressed:

I be with some bodyguard like Whitney, what else could he mean by that?

Daps
Reppin
Uptown Bronx
You mean referencing a movie where Whitney fukks her bodyguard:unimpressed:

I be with some bodyguard like Whitney, what else could he mean by that?
That would make no sense in hindsight as she never fukked a bodyguard.. I said that already.. that would be a dumb way to introduce cheating allegations

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daps
Reppin
Uptown Bronx
What did people think the line meant?
Personally I thought the line sounded like some sucker shyt altogether boasting about having bodyguards.. my thing is if Kendrick interpreted it the way you’re saying he would have bombed immediately.. he doesn’t like drake & never truly cared for an exhibition.. this is why he had Q finesse Cole into backing out like the bird that he is

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Back to Back, I like that record
Ima get back to that for the record”

He never got the chance to get back to it :to:
I think his other angle if Drake didn't go personal was ghost writing deep dive with prob the back to back ghostwriting reveal. He prob had a plan a, b and c ready. Once drake persevered with the family shyt... kenny was like.. oh ok guess you chose the dark path...

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
I think his other angle if Drake didn't go personal was ghost writing deep dive with prob the back to back ghostwriting reveal. He prob had a plan a, b and c ready. Once drake persevered with the family shyt... kenny was like.. oh ok guess you chose the dark path...
Kenny was on some Choose Your Own Adventure shyt

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
You mention my wife/girl's name in a song, it becomes personal.

Drake knows what he's doing.

He mentioned Push's wife and people assumed he smashed.

He mentioned Whitney and people assumed that she was fukking her bodyguard, he had his stans wondering if the big red button was that he smashed her.
Don't forget...he mentioned Nikki (indirectly) when beefing with Meek.

Kim K with Kanye

Serena with Common

Even threatened Travis Scott saying he bet his BM would talk.