Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I agree this is comparable to ether. Disses like hit em up, takeover no Vaseline were just straight forward fukk you, your gay, your fake , ill kill you, I'm more popular than you, I have more money than you, I have more hits than you....type of disses

Ether, like this song takes a passive aggressive approach in their attack. On one hand it's like kendrick saying hey dude it's not that serious your just not me, on the other end he fully disrespect drake personally and discredits his entire career. Then just like ether kendrick attempts to fukk with drake about things he figures a successful mix breed rap artist would struggle with. Then say things out loud you know everyone thinking but just don't say it.

When kendrick breaks down drake trying to fit in and his struggles with not being black enough, that was the equivalent to the scared to smile they called you ugly?

Kendrick and nas attempt to explain why these guys have a thing against women.

The talk about drake not knowing how father hood feels, that was his "what you think you getting girls now cause of your looks" moment.

So it's very comparable. Only difference is, I don't think the beat fits the impact of the diss. A better beat would have set this shyt off the rails. Whereas ether beat was fire and we knew it as soon as it came on.

There’s nothing passive aggressive about Ether. Ether is also more of a DIRECT tear down and deconstruction of Jay-Z’s character and persona whereas Euphoria is almost surprisingly (i’d venture to argue refreshingly) dense. Kendrick actually did what Drake predicted and packed a LOT of double and triple entendres and coded meanings into his diss. There’s very little in the way that needs to be dissected with Ether. Nas straight up was saying “fukk you. Your a phony. An insecure little boy. And most importantly, you’re a SUPER FAN who got your whole style from myself and Biggie.”

Kendrick, you can tell he sat down and WROTE some shyt he wanted Drake, fans, and the internet to decipher. The way its written is almost a diss in itself, he’s thumbing his nose and Drake and telling him “You and your team of writers can’t fukk with me”. Nas purposefully didn’t get dense or cryptic.

Euphoria is not comparable to Ether in any way. Story Of Addinon is comparable. Euphoria is like if Cannibus circa 2000 wrote a diss song but knew how to self-edit and also be entertainingly presentable.

Superstar
Daps
thats how canadians talk

drake-baby.jpg

You see that hair? Thats a nikka. end of story lol
:francis:
Not gon lie, you had me til I scrolled down, saw the back to the future vest, and Aladdin/Hammer pants with fully laced up ice skates.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
thank you. said it earlier: kendrick basically told him your killshot ain't gonna work this time... but try me if you want.

drake would have to wipe him off the face of the earth with the next record. and even if he drops a ether/takeover/adidon-level response, it's still on kendrick to respond. he gets final say, and he gets to up the ante on however far drake wants to take it (so long as he's got the ammo to keep firing).

kendrick deserves credit for not falling into the trap of rushing his response and engaging on drake's terms. he's playing this right.
Yup. Kendrick let him know all that corny gossip shyt ain't gonna work for you. Speaking on my family for shock value is only going to get you touched for real. Kendrick let him know directly shyt can get deadly real quick. Anybody could see Aubrey's plan was to win this battle off shock value. He figured that was the way after what pusha did to him. But it's not gonna work in this battle. Nah. He gotta outrap Kendrick plain and simple.

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick has 5 albums with the universal acclaim..and like Common said, you can argue kendrick has 5 classics
Drake doesn't have any from a pure objective angle

doesn't mean you can't personnally and subjectively enjoy drake's shyt, but it's not classic
Matter of fact, kendrick's worst record (still an amazing body of work, and we don't even know what his worst work is, would depend on who answers this question) is better than Drake's best project :manny:

Trash ass take. Everything you are saying can and should be applied to your own opinions the same way :patrice:

IMO every Kendrick album has been worse. Section 80 was his best shyt IMO (to be fair most people's first shyt is their best because they are still raw *pause) but it was a mixtape. GKMC was a classic. Each album after was less up until the most recent, Mr. Morale was faux-artsy :trash:

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that it's said and done there's a massive quality difference between Rick Ross and Kendrick Lamar bars. This shyt is scalding breh :russell: