Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First listen I was in traffic and not impressed.. however I was wrong. Kendrick torched that boy

"Why would I call around trying to get dirt on nikkas?
You think my life is rap? That's hoe shyt I got a son to raise
But you know nothing bout that
Waking him up? You know nothing bout that
Tell him to pray? You know nothing bout that
Give him tools to walk through life? You know nothing bout that
Teaching him morals? You know nothing bout that"

There's no way you grew up in a black household and not feel this shyt
:dead:
Yea I'm noticing the cultural differences

PatvFoo

Superstar
Daps
https://x.com/billionairepolo/status/1785405722919944461?s=46&t=vGvEitwecqOZZ2rvZR07Jw

Pusha T bodied Drake so bad he rewrote history for future disses towards him :mjcry:

But I agree, as many layers Euphoria has to it I thought Kendrick held back against Drake. He could’ve broke him down bad and he didn’t which might be a mistake in the next round

Now if Drake get on the next record and call Kenny a Hypocrite Hotep cosplaying as Jesus it’s gon be over wit

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That's the biggest difference between modern diss tracks and older ones. The old joints were really good songs on their own even if you ignore the diss lines. I halfway forget that Dollaz + Sense is a diss track. The song is just great.

That being said, I liked Euphoria better than most modern disses. Especially the beat in the first minute.

^a pretty decent song with that beat

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
Mr. Morale was ass juice. GKMC was a classic, so was Take Care. They both have 1 :manny:
Kendrick has 5 albums with the universal acclaim..and like Common said, you can argue kendrick has 5 classics
Drake doesn't have any from a pure objective angle

doesn't mean you can't personnally and subjectively enjoy drake's shyt, but it's not classic
Matter of fact, kendrick's worst record (still an amazing body of work, and we don't even know what his worst work is, would depend on who answers this question) is better than Drake's best project :manny:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah y’all seem to not understand. “Friendly fade” as in thus far, this is just me and you rappin, the minute you try to make good on your threat for coming at my family or lying in my name I’m not only exposing you but we also getting into some street shyt.

He stepped it up from gossip girl childish insults and is telling him you either make good on that threat or stfu.

thank you. said it earlier: kendrick basically told him your killshot ain't gonna work this time... but try me if you want.

drake would have to wipe him off the face of the earth with the next record. and even if he drops a ether/takeover/adidon-level response, it's still on kendrick to respond. he gets final say, and he gets to up the ante on however far drake wants to take it (so long as he's got the ammo to keep firing).

kendrick deserves credit for not falling into the trap of rushing his response and engaging on drake's terms. he's playing this right.