Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
All this fake outrage and nobody has:

1. Heard directly from Wayne on his feelings - that is likely due to conversations that were already taking place behind the scenes for him to appear.
2. No one has any idea what the show is going to be like. Dot could show up and have NO style brass bands play, could try to bring out NL and CMR. But everybody so quick to jump out the window.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna need more articles because the one you linked is the CEO of Roc Nation saying Jay decides who performs. Every neutral source says otherwise.

And if Jay has so much power over who performs then 50 wouldn't have been there. He can't have this God-like power over who can and can't do it....but in the same breath "well, Em threatened...." :mjlol:

Fred.
Do you think JayZ could have a strong influence on the choice, even to the host city as well?

Obviously the host city decides but that Jay could sway them a bit?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
No, the point being missed is Jay-Z is not a one man committee that single-handedly decides who performs. There was articles written 2+ years ago explaining the process. So this info has been around long before this Wayne sh*t.

Now, you could argue he never even submitted Wayne's name to begin the selection process but at that point we're in conspiracy theory territory because that can't be proven.

There's a process with multiple steps leading up to the final decision and for some bizarre reason people keep wanting to lay 100% of the blame on Jay.

Fred.
I'm going with history. If I didn't have a reference point for what he tried to do with 50 that would be one thing. If I didn't have a reference pont for him trying to court Wayne and Young Money and getting blocked that would be one thing. Watch The Throne was created because of competition with Wayne and Drake. These are facts. Not conspiracies. Like I said before. I would MUCH rather see a Kendrick performance than a Wayne performance because Kendrick is a FAR better performer. But that don't mean I also gotta ignore reality. U nikkas move goal posts based on who yall like and don't like. U hate Drake which is understandable. I'm not sure how u feel about Wayne. But u love Kendrick cause of what he did to Drake. Cause this is honestly the most I've ever seen u post about Kendrick. Regardless. U letting ur bias of the situation not make u think of this shyt critically. Do I feel like Jay makes all of the decisions? Nope. Do I feel like Jay has influence over the decisions? Hell yea. No doubt about it. And Kendrick's Pop Out was his audition tape. And his viral hit record was the cherry on top. They prolly gonna have a marching band do the instrumental while he performs that shyt.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
If that's the case then Jay would've had 50 pulled off the show if those rumors are true..
Jay was TRYING to not have 50 perform but Eminem stood up for him and said he wasn't gonna do it without 50. And u think them white folks was gonna let someone like Eminem not perform over Jay's personal issue? Hell nah. But yea. 50 performed cause of Eminem's loyalty.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That halftime show wasn't advertised as solo Dre show.. the show included everybody with 50 being a surprise..

And that show could definitely do arenas

Dre was the headliner. Wayne would be the headliner.

What do you think a Lil Wayne featuring Drake, Nicki, juvenile and big tymers tour would do, realistically?

There’s no argument that’s valid bro. The only thing we can say is that Wayne is not physically able to perform at the required level due to alleged addictions or he is just too unprofessional to be relied upon.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
I don't want to hear Drake stans ever crying about the industry being biased against him ever again. Look at all these nikkas coming out the woodwark to hate on Jay Z and take away from Kendrick's shine because he lost a rap battle. :dead:

If they gave it to Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Bad Bunny, Justin Bieber or even Drake/Nicki then this performative ass Wayne lovefest ain't happening.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
nikkas lightweight retarded and never really grew up in all honesty

The entire culture in a nutshell.

Rap music I love, but the culture in general, as it currently exists, is for children and retards.

SiMtlGu.gif

I listen to my music, but I don't participate in rap discussions or debates, I don't listen to podcasts or generally talk about it to anybody unless we're exchanging music recommendations. The moment conversations stray away from the actual music I go silent.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Since Jay was involved. Usher did it cause of his successful Vegas residency. Shakira and J Lo did it cause of their Miami connections. And we already saw what happened with LA. That post is manipulative cause it's not the full truth.
Moving goal posts.

Your response is just as manipulative, because this is about hometown headliners, not vague connections

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
The Super Bowl has been held in New Orleans 10 times. This will be the 11th time.

Wayne could get a chance someday if he really wants it. But today is Kendrick’s day.

Grown men have really turned into whining ass cry babies nowadays over a bunch of nothing.

Where was the outrage about Lil' Wayne not being the Halftime Performer in 2013? His work would have been more relevant then, plus

Wayne hasn't been dominate in the game for 10 years, lol. Y'all really are delusional.

This.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s ironic how Beatrice and Wayne fans are crying about the SB, but conveniently forget, that they abandoned the city after Katrina. Brad Pitt has done more for N.O than both Wayne and Beatrice put together.