Kendrick Lamar doesn't want to be considered the greatest ever anymore

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Word Kendrick is most deserving out of the top three. His albums would have impact in any era. Cant say the same for the other two.
I know they’re considered the top 3 of the 2010s but I’d throw Future in there too

He might fukk around and be the best of the decade actually

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
Would have been a GOAT contender if he retired after TPAB :manny:

Mr Morale had joints but DAMN? :beli:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Cole is more witty and better with metaphors than Kendrick. He's also better at saying more with less. Kendrick is a better storyteller and great at conveying how he’s feeling on a track. Also has a more creative delivery. I’m not goin thru all that but Cole’s verse on Johnny P’s Caddy is one of the best verses of the year.
i mean a conversation like this is meaningless unless i can tangibly see what impresses you/someone else. cuz i don't feel cole is witty, i don't even know what "saying more with less" is supposed to mean in context of a rap. anyway, we'll just disagree on this point, cole isn't the better rapper, surely doesn't make the better music and would definitely be just another rappin nikka had he dropped in 94-04

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
i mean a conversation like this is meaningless unless i can tangibly see what impresses you/someone else. cuz i don't feel cole is witty, i don't even know what "saying more with less" is supposed to mean in context of a rap. anyway, we'll just disagree on this point, cole isn't the better rapper, surely doesn't make the better music and would definitely be just another rappin nikka had he dropped in 94-04
I feel like both would be just another rap nikka in the 90s so u not gonna get an argument from me there.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You was never the greatest rapper alive or even top 20, Kendrick has always been a mid artist who makes FANTASTIC albums that transcends Hip-Hop

EDIT: I mean you can't name 7 rappers with a better catalog than Kendrick but you can name 4X that many better rappers
Wow...
This is GOAT level trolling

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick benefited the most from being in a weak era....
Basically this.

But it seems like the consciousness of rap is gone and he will be the last great rapper to do it. TPAB is basically the curtain call for the era.

Was he the greatest to do, not by a along shot but hes been the only one doing it in the last decade.

But I don’t blame him for getting out the game. It’s become a platform for ignorance and the damage seems irreversible at this point. Nothing but short bus rappers who add nothing of value to game.

Their the occasional decent song but these rappers just can’t make the album to back it up. For example lil baby big picture.

Last edited:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You was never the greatest rapper alive or even top 20, Kendrick has always been a mid artist who makes FANTASTIC albums that transcends Hip-Hop

The definition of hating just cus'

Since 99% of the rappers today only talk about partying, lean and Opps.

Kendrick gets alot more attention cuz he's more conscious, he's credited more... not to mention the cac media love him.

Throw him in the 90s, u think he's still standing out with the likes of Pac, Big, Hov, Nas, Mobb Deep, Snoop, Dre, Tribe, DMX, No Limit, Cash Money, etc.

Like Vince, Cole, Travis, Tyler, JID, Benny, Conway, Saba, Denzel Curry, Joey, Earl etc.?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

EDIT: I mean you can't name 7 rappers with a better catalog than Kendrick but you can name 4X that many better rappers
:wtf:

Dude is overrated. He has 2 great albums...

He's a solid artist def one of the best the past decade..He's top 3 of the past decade.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Sanctimonious cop out

Homie caught writer’s block and didn’t have the mettle nor passion to capture or defend the crown, so he’s hiding behind the tortured artist schtick…it’s a different kinda pressure when you’re actually “THE guy”…when everyone from the fans to the labels rely on you to carry the game on your back…when you’re tasked with consistently providing the culture with impactful moments and guiding the game …and he wants no parts of it

I peeped the pump fake immediately after the aftermath of the control verse…he got all these props for rapping about hypothetically battling and destroying emcees, then proceeded to duck all smoke and not actually full on engage and battle ANYBODY :pachaha:

He has his lane and none of this is to diminish what he actually is as an artist…but this “greatest rapper” shyt was never really in him