Kendrick Lamar doesn't want to be considered the greatest ever anymore

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
cole makes unremarkable music, and he's not an elite MC. plus the 90's had plenty of MC's who couldn't make music/songs and thus they were never commercially successful. cole's boring music has been rewarded with ample sales and a top 3 most successful/popular of the 10's spot just because he dares to try to rap like cats who preceded him
Musically he can be mid and uninspiring. Definitely overrated with kendrick Lamar as far as being a lyricist. He got shyt I fukk with. I understand you completely

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
What does this even mean. Mid artist who makes fantastic albums?
He does not impress you like Lupe does with the words but the album impresses you. Eminem, Jadakiss, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Royce Da 5.9 could NEVER make an album as polarizing, abstract, and what transcends Hip-Hop like Kendrick did on To pimp a butterfly and we never may see it again BUT as a rapper can you name a kendrick bar like that? I can name a bunch of Canibus Quotables

If you the illest nikka alive watch me prove it, I snatch the crown off your head with your head still attached to it
Ambushing emcees, jumping out the trees in Like Vietnamese in fatigues covered with leaves.
An emcee so Ill I got aids afraid to catch me
i speak at frequencies dogs would have trouble hearing. Canibus is the lyrical version of German engineering. Raw metaphors keep you high for months, I revolve around the Earth twice without refueling once
I'll battle you on the net, I'll battle you in the flesh, I'll battle you over the phone you can call me collect
Canibus is the ultimate executioner's dream. Swinging the guillotine

Kendrick don't got it like that

EDIT: He's far from mid lyrically but he's not top tier, his music is though

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
cole makes unremarkable music, and he's not an elite MC. plus the 90's had plenty of MC's who couldn't make music/songs and thus they were never commercially successful. cole's boring music has been rewarded with ample sales and a top 3 most successful/popular of the 10's spot just because he dares to try to rap like cats who preceded him
Cole is every much of an elite MC as Kendrick is. Even if u don’t feel his music like that. If Cole ain’t an elite MC. Kendrick ain’t. There’s shyt Cole can do lyrically better than Kendrick.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This seems a little bit pretentious to me. For multiple reasons...

Just do your thing, make the music you wanna make. If other people want to discuss where you stand then that's on them to do so, however they wanna do it.

That's the point lol

His fans are going to use this talking point to push that narrative even harder.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Cole is every much of an elite MC as Kendrick is. Even if u don’t feel his music like that. If Cole ain’t an elite MC. Kendrick ain’t. There’s shyt Cole can do lyrically better than Kendrick.
like what? point me to a verse you think cole is flexing on a level kendrick cant

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
like what? point me to a verse you think cole is flexing on a level kendrick cant
Cole is more witty and better with metaphors than Kendrick. He's also better at saying more with less. Kendrick is a better storyteller and great at conveying how he’s feeling on a track. Also has a more creative delivery. I’m not goin thru all that but Cole’s verse on Johnny P’s Caddy is one of the best verses of the year.