Kendrick is a GOAT? Give me his top 10 universally known quotables...

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Even Tarzan can get swung on I never hung out with the loud mouth. You got a foul mouth, well that dead body gon smell foul when it fouls out.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I have not spinned anything.

I simply said that wasn't kendricks line, and you went off into all the extra shyt.

I think the point you are missing is that sure Kendrick has plenty of memorable lines that people enjoy, but skill/technique/wordplay wise they don't stand up to the greats.

It ain't hard to tell, I excel, then prevail
The mic is contacted, I attract clientele
My mic check is life or death, breathin' a sniper's breath

Kendrick don't say stuff like that :manny:
Cool. So let's go off your definition: what is insightful about the line you just posted? Nothing. Or maybe you'll reply about the rhyme pattern and multis and choose to go the skill route. If you do that I can literally spend days posting examples of Kendrick lines that shine from merely a technical standpoint. Kendrick's best talent is his rhyme patterns and multis.
And I didn't go off on some extra shyt. The threadstarter asked for a universally known Kendrick quotable and you came in looking for any excuse to discredit the one I posted.

Funny enough, you had to go to rap genius to copy and paste a universally known Nas quotable. "They shootin, aw made you look" or the hook to Hate Me Now are both far more well known and quoted than the beginning of It Ain't Hard to Tell

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Which tape was this on? This dont sound like C4 lol.

Kendrick was fire even back then :whew:

This was prior to him biting or being influenced heavily by Lil Wayne though lol, you could tell.
Yeah he sounded a lot more generic back when he was collabing with jay Rock back in '08. Then after c4 he started embracing his weird voice like Wayne.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cool. So let's go off your definition: what is insightful about the line you just posted? Nothing. Or maybe you'll reply about the rhyme pattern and multis and choose to go the skill route. If you do that I can literally spend days posting examples of Kendrick lines that shine from merely a technical standpoint. Kendrick's best talent is his rhyme patterns and multis.

It's insightful because it compares rhyming, smoking, and shooting a gun. And gives some insight on his motivation and technique for rhyming the way he does.

And it works on so many levels, so many different meanings in those two bars.

Nobody in here ever claimed Kendrick didn't have skill or couldn't rhyme, so you posting some multis and rhyme patterns won't prove anything.

And I didn't go off on some extra shyt. The threadstarter asked for a universally known Kendrick quotable and you came in looking for any excuse to discredit the one I posted.
It's not an excuse. It's literally not his line.:mjlol:

Funny enough, you had to go to rap genius to copy and paste a universally known Nas quotable. "They shootin, aw made you look" or the hook to Hate Me Now are both far more well known and quoted than the beginning of It Ain't Hard to Tell
Copy and paste is easier than typing:heh:

As I said go check out an old source mag and look for the quotables in there :snoop:

It's not hooks to songs and it's not simply the most recognizable lines. Otherwise "ice ice baby" is one of the greatest rap quotables ever :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: KTP

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since when was "quotables" a methodology for determining a fantastic rapper? :dead:
I can't imagine having to create a sub-category just to hate on a popular rapper making good music :deadrose:

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
u dont need quotables to be a goat

kendrick will probably go down as a legend though

I dont think hes breaking top 30 though as of now.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
It's insightful because it compares rhyming, smoking, and shooting a gun. And gives some insight on his motivation and technique for rhyming the way he does.

And it works on so many levels, so many different meanings in those two bars.

Nobody in here ever claimed Kendrick didn't have skill or couldn't rhyme, so you posting some multis and rhyme patterns won't prove anything.

It's not an excuse. It's literally not his line.:mjlol:

Copy and paste is easier than typing:heh:

As I said go check out an old source mag and look for the quotables in there :snoop:

It's not hooks to songs and it's not simply the most recognizable lines. Otherwise "ice ice baby" is one of the greatest rap quotables ever :mjlol:
The hell is insightful about anything you just said about that bar? It's a classic bar, but it's a nikka rapping about rapping. It's not deep. It's not thought provoking. Miss me with that.

I'm well aware of the Quotables section of The Source mag; why you keep bringing that up is a mystery to me. The word "quotable" existed before the Source magazine. People recited impactful lyrics before the Source magazine.

You came in here and corrected me when I said OP was asking for memorable lines. So I've corrected you and informed you OP asked for universally known quotables. You're the one trying to move goal posts by deciding what the meaning of quotables is while also ignoring the universally known part. Talking about a line being from a movie as if that has any bearing on whether it's universally known and quoted. As far as your Vanilla Ice statement, you're making everyone's point. Judging a rapper based on how many of their lines are quotable is a stupid criteria.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I can't think of 10 universally known quotables from Lupe either :mjcry:
He's obviously trash then, since he's not a punchline rapper :mjlol:
Now I'm over the limp
Watch how they mugs drop when they see my Verbal's able

That is probably the greatest line I've ever heard, on probably the best song from a song exhibiting lyricism. The vast majority of casual hip hop fans can't name what song I'm talking about. I ain't have to copy and paste it off Rap Genius either:mjlol:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now I'm over the limp
Watch how they mugs drop when they see my Verbal's able

That is probably the greatest line I've ever heard, on probably the best song from a song exhibiting lyricism. The vast majority of casual hip hop fans can't name what song I'm talking about. I ain't have to copy and paste it off Rap Genius either:mjlol:
Nearly all of Failure is just like this. Whole point of the song was a lyrical flex. I wouldn't identify it as a universally-known quotable though.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Krit, Oddisee , Nick grant(arguable with his latest project) Fashawna

And don't change the subject. This about Kendrick and his quotables. Not about who makes concept music.
Ok. But kendricks music and lyrics are better then all of krits projects.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Nearly all of Failure is just like this. Whole point of the song was a lyrical flex. I wouldn't identify it as a universally-known quotable though.
That's what I'm saying doe: it took me seconds to drop a universally known K Dot line. So the narrative of the haters changes to the quality of the line. Failure is as quality as it gets. It's no where near universally known. Where are these super lyrical lines that even casual fans can recite at the drop of a hat?

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: @ all these excuses and nobody coming in here posting the Young GOAT Kendrick's most memorable lines....the stuff that solidifies you in this game and cements your name in time.

Breh allegedly has 3 classics and nobody came in here just posting....nikkas asking questions needing guidelines making moving the goal posts.

Where are his quotables at?
:russ:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Ok. But kendricks music and lyrics are better then all of krits projects.
music... no. your a west coast(Cali) nikka so of course your gon ride for Kendrick tho

lyrics.... lol no thats where the subjectivity gon stop, Kendrick has never spat a verse as a good as concious effort freestyle, 4pm at the kappa, Mt Olympus, Underground airplay etc

Krit is the better lyricistt and its not a arguement, anyone who sees past Kendricks interscope hype and look at the lyrics for both knows this.

only reason it is to some of yall is cause Krit doesnt have a machine to force you guys to know how good of a lyricist he is like Scope does for Kendrick.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The hell is insightful about anything you just said about that bar? It's a classic bar, but it's a nikka rapping about rapping. It's not deep. It's not thought provoking. Miss me with that.
You only getting it on the surface level there's plenty more there.

I'm well aware of the Quotables section of The Source mag; why you keep bringing that up is a mystery to me. The word "quotable" existed before the Source magazine. People recited impactful lyrics before the Source magazine.
"Quotable" when talking about rap music has a specific meaning. You seem to not understand that meaning, so I directed you to a place that could help you better understand. And you clearly still don't understand otherwise you wouldn't keep suggesting dumb ass shyt like hooks of songs :francis:

You came in here and corrected me when I said OP was asking for memorable lines. So I've corrected you and informed you OP asked for universally known quotables.
Only thing I corrected you on was attributing that line to Kendrick.

And what you've done is harp on the "universally known" part cause that gives you your only chance for an argument. It's impossible to quantify what's "universally known" or not. Nothing stays "universally known" forever. And you can find an argument to say almost anything is or isn't "universally known"

It's a silly argument to be having.

You're the one trying to move goal posts by deciding what the meaning of quotables
I'm not making up anything. Again when it comes to rap people are asking for a specific thing when they talk about "quotables". It's not just recognizable lines.

is while also ignoring the universally known part.
You wanna argue over the universally known part. I've said nothing about that.

The term I would use would be "universally respected" by rap fans. But i didn't make the thread :manny:
Talking about a line being from a movie as if that has any bearing on whether it's universally known and quoted.
I never said it did. I said you can't atribute a line to the person that quoted it as opposed to the person that originated it.

As far as your Vanilla Ice statement, you're making everyone's point. Judging a rapper based on how many of their lines are quotable is a stupid criteria.
Ice ice baby isn't a quotable.

And judging a rapper by quotables is what's always been done as you alluded to earlier in your same damn post :stopitslime: