Kendrick is a GOAT? Give me his top 10 universally known quotables...

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
kendrick doesnt have any but renzel does :wow:

"Roll with the punches now its box office numbers":ohlawd:

feel free to add more

"I'm not a star, somebody lied, I got a pistol in the car..."

Easily one of his best quotable songs

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
weird how this topic only comes up for kendrick. rappers like eminem who people generally have in their top 10 has no quoteables at all but some people still acknowledge him as a great GOAT level rapper.

Uh Eminem's quotable was used in a Jay Z verse...since we all know Jay Z likes to steal nikka's lines...
From Eminem's I am Back
I used to give a fukk, now I could give a fukk less
What do I think of success?
It sucks, too much press

From Jay Z's Success
I used to give a fukk, now I give a fukk less
What do I think of success? It sucks, too much stress

And a quotable to me is a one liner of a couplet...something witty that you can say in a conversation...some of yall nikkas posting like 8 bars and shyt...

Like from Nas' New York State of Mind - I don't sleep because sleep is the cousin of death

Or Jay Z's Take Over - We don't believe you, we need more people

Or Jay on Diamonds Are Forever - I am not a business man, I am a business, man!

Or Pusha T - Exodus 23:1 - Beef best served like steak: Well Done, Get a gun in your face, bytch nikka

Or Pusha T on Keys Open Doors - I ain't spend one rap dollar in three years, holla!

Most rappers don't have quotables

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Now what the hell does this have to do with entertainment? This sound like some deeper personal shyt with you bruh idk

It's basically a long winded "that nikka think he smart!,hurumph!"

Not good enough, it's a no for me dawg.

tenor.gif

And most likely never wrote a fukking rhyme in their life.

I'm not on the Kendrick is GOAT train, that's nonsense, And as far as 'quotables' he's not really that type of rapper. A lot of these nikkas are confused and think that hashtag rap is what makes you ill. The most recent song of his that I really fell in love with, BECAUSE OF THE LYRICS was Pride. Just because you can't really compartmentalize some of those bars into 'quotables' doesn't mean it wasn't well written poetry. Kendrick is a poet, as a writer, I admire him. And I can do that without going overboard and calling all 4 of his albums genre defining. That's marketing and it won't be stopped by nikkas trying to comment on rap like they're at a wine and cheese party.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
It's basically a long winded "that nikka think he smart!,hurumph!"

Not good enough, it's a no for me dawg.

tenor.gif

And most likely never wrote a fukking rhyme in their life.

I'm not on the Kendrick is GOAT train, that's nonsense, And as far as 'quotables' he's not really that type of rapper. A lot of these nikkas are confused and think that hashtag rap is what makes you ill. The most recent song of his that I really fell in love with, BECAUSE OF THE LYRICS was Pride. Just because you can't really compartmentalize some of those bars into 'quotables' doesn't mean it wasn't well written poetry. Kendrick is a poet, as a writer, I admire him. And I can do that without going overboard and calling all 4 of his albums genre defining. That's marketing and it won't be stopped by nikkas trying to comment on rap like they're at a wine and cheese party.

I agree with this but also agree with @4d 6f 6e 65 79 that Kendrick's writing is not as economical or densely written as other poetic rappers (Nas for example) and at times his writing is bloated and veers into rambling.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
and that's what i'm saying.

people are bringing up this very specific metric of rapping to slander kendrick but don't use the same for artist like eminem who doesn't have "10 universally known quoteables"

They don't even have a concrete definition of "quotable", they never do in the 50 other threads like this. Get off that man dikk and 'quote' some rappers you actually like.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hollaback at me, nikka
And if they said that I'm the one, why you asking me, nikka?
Cause when the whole world see you as Pac reincarnated
Enough pressure to make you just open the Book of David
And pray to God that ya make it or live your life in the matrix
Cause falling off is a sickness, I heard that it's quite contagious

:blessed:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I agree with this but also agree with @4d 6f 6e 65 79 that Kendrick's writing is not as economical or densely written as other poetic rappers (Nas for example) and at times his writing is bloated and veers into rambling.

On one hand, rap is JUST entertainment. On the other, seemingly only when it comes to Kendrick, sitting back and just enjoying/not enjoying goes out the window and now becomes about whether a rhyme is 'economical' or not.

:mjlol:

"Kendrick is so pretentious, disingenuous, unscrupulous. The audacity, the unmitigated gall to write such uneconomical rhymes"

tumblr_n841mcxTJk1s9kqv3o1_250.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
On one hand, rap is JUST entertainment. On the other, seemingly only when it comes to Kendrick, sitting back and just enjoying/not enjoying goes out the window and now becomes about whether a rhyme is 'economical' or not.

"Kendrick is so pretentious, disingenuous, unscrupulous. The audacity, the unmitigated gall to write such uneconomical rhymes"

Dude Sounds like a Pitchfork reviewer.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol: Economical as in not wasting words breh. nikkas that really got bars pick every word intentionally and don't waste lines repeating the same shyt they said in the last line.