Kendrick has no classic albums. And thats ok. Just stop lying to yourselves though.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Cats downplay Kendrick but swear that Future is GOAT. They let beats, hooks, and hoes dictate the direction of black music.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
You Got to forgive these nikkas, c00ns, CAC's.....If you give these nikkas Stevie Wonder albums from his Genius Years and have them to sit down and listen to those albums these Western Minded nikkas brains will literally bust

They probably riot in mental pain, cause of references of greatness.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Goes hand in hand
We can't big up popular culture statistics and at the same time dismiss popularity. WHICH ONE IS IT?

I responded to:

So TPAB:

-the consensus AOTY according to the critics, its also #1 on 90% of the end year lists.
Best of 2015: Music Critic Top Ten Lists
-the highest rated hip hop album of all time on Metacritic.
-the reason kendrick has the most nominations in one night at the grammy (since Michael Jackson in 84).
-has 2 songs being played in protests, one of them is named the new black anthem.
-being taught at some universities.
-had a scholarship in its name.
-influenced some goat artists like David Bowie, Prince and Chuck D, all in the same year.
-the highest rated album of the decade in any genre on multiple platforms like RYM that only take people's rankings into account.

-had RollingStone Magazine calling Sway in the morning to say TPAB better be #1 on every end year list because it's the most ambitious album of the year, musically.
-is probably one of the most respected rap album by modern jazz musicians.
-contains Barack Obama's favorite song of the year.

We can't have stats that are pretty much based off how popular it is to certain people then act as if popularity isnt a factor. Also we can't downplay popularity when we're discussing artists that are being marketed with intent to be popular and sell records,streaming etc.

So like I was saying if it has all these stats amongst the entities listed but it means nothing to black youth as a collective,what does it mean? He has CAC props? Whom exactly is it classic to? Because to hiphop fans IN THE STREET it's clealry NOT. TO nikkas up in the club it's NOT.

The club has taken over by STRIP CLUB beats and hoes. Men don't even,dictate the sound or trends of these songs no more

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Lol that's your excuse?

Strip club songs became mainstream, and lyricism has no leverage on them beats. When you have drunken thots and simp nikkas dictating the trends, is when bullshyt discussions come up like this. Outsiders who never gave a damn about the 4 elements of Hip Hop or its history, defend the garbage on airwaves now. Not even Rick Ross can make a hit in this era.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Strip club songs became mainstream, and lyricism has no leverage on them beats. When you have drunken thots and simp nikkas dictating the trends, is when bullshyt discussions come up like this. Outsiders who never gave a damn about the 4 elements of Hip Hop or its history, defend the garbage on airwaves now. Not even Rick Ross can make a hit in this era.
I don't see your point

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I don't see your point

Of course, just ride on trends that die out quick. Cats just want fast food music to serve their lowest common denominator needs, like the club and whip, that you are in maybe 8 hours for the whole week.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Of course, just ride on trends that die out quick. Cats just want fast food music to serve their lowest common denominator needs, like the club and whip, that you are in maybe 8 hours for the whole week.
What makes you believe this about me?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
You Got to forgive these nikkas, c00ns, CAC's.....If you give these nikkas Stevie Wonder albums from his Genius Years and have them to sit down and listen to those albums these Western Minded nikkas brains will literally bust
nikka Kendrick is not Stevie wonder. And if Stevie didn't make music with great replay value,no one would care either. Me nor any other reasonable posters are gonna give Kendrick a pass for making snore fest music because YOU think it's artsy. HE NEED to step his game up PERIOD

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
nikka Kendrick is not Stevie wonder. And if Stevie didn't make music with great replay value,no one would care either. Me nor any other reasonable posters are gonna give Kendrick a pass for making snore fest music because YOU think it's artsy. HE NEED to step his game up PERIOD

SO you want Kendrick to conform to the trends out now? :hhh:

"Snore fest music" meaning...? Not having snares on 808s and mumbling verses?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
SO you want Kendrick to conform to the trends out now? :hhh:

"Snore fest music" meaning...? Not having snares on 808s and mumbling verses?

Kendrick been conforming to trends - fukk you talking about? Are you gonna conveniently ignore that GKMC had trap/Young Money producers on it? Guess who produced Blacker the Berry? Why is Kendrick doing the voice pitch changes like Nicki Minaj and Eminem throughout GKMC and TPAB? Kendrick is as safe as they come because ultimately his music is pop - a jumble of bullshyt with some faux-depth sprinkled in and y'all think he's forward-thinking :laugh: He's basically trying to be the Beyonce of pop rap - an artist that relies so heavily on visuals and image and appears to be making a 'statement of the times' but aint really sayin shyt.

Your comments are disingenuous as hell, but I'm sure you already know this. Kendrick knows that his stans eat up that Future/Lil Uzi Vert and it's their only frame of reference for what exists in hip hop. His music is in response to that stuff. Which is why he'll always be behind the curve. Why would I wanna hear Swimming Pools when I can just hear "Believe Me?" Why would I wanna hear "Alright", a song that's basically watered down trap, when I can hear better and more authentic trap?

As shytty as TPAB is, I kinda understand why the hype was created in that way - it's not as pop. Even though he was just appropriating D'Angelo and a bit of Pharrell (where the fukk do you think the idea for "I" came from?) . So again... behind the curve.