Kendrick has no classic albums. And thats ok. Just stop lying to yourselves though.

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
He's just playing it safe, everybody already knows this
FSX2VJH.png
tbh

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can op leave rap alone?

1) the quality of tpab is undeniable, if you know what you're talking about, if you're a music lover who knows your shyt, then tpab is undeniable
2) TPAB's impact on jazz as a genre is undeniable. It's having quite a revival, especially the LA scene.

Herbie hancock himself will tell you that

not to mention herbie is now working with EVERY artist, musician and producer involved in Tpab to make his own jazz/rap album

3) gkmc is also a classic, even though I don't like it..its jut not as good as tpab, but classic nonetheless

:ohhh: true words

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hold up, that's Napoleon????? :snoop:

Yes. He changed his name to Three Letter Agency then to what it currently is. The sole reason he has positive rep is Rep, for some inexplicable reason, gets reset if you get WOAT. And he's obviously gotten WOAT multiple times.

I honestly haven't noticed him that much due to the other 2 or 3 horrible Drake stans who pollute threads constantly. I can tell you don't fukk with him but I'd consider myself a fan of a lot of Drakes music, but I just can't stand the weirdo rationalisation of every little thing he does like they get paid to do it...That piss response is a prime example.

Oh aight :yeshrug:

2013, people complaining about his dikk riding ways:

Is Napoleon the most obnoxious dikk riding stan on the coli?

This is from 2015. As you can see posters are complaining he has hundreds of posts in every Drake thread on the site:

@Napoleon, Drake really popping in India like that?

Posters 2 years ago pointing out he's angry K Dot gets the respect he thinks Drake deserves:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12614592/

This thread, exposing him as a fukking weirdo:

@Napolean.. Welcome To The Summerjam Screen..

I don't even fukk with K Dot that heavy but a Drake dikk rider trying to rationalize why K Dot has no classics while simultaneously sucking off Drake for literally thousands of posts is some Twilight Zone shyt. Literally any argument he's presented against K Dot goes double for Drake.

Fred.

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
I'll be part of a panel discussion to celebrate this classic (Cornell University)

Martin Connor and Snoop Dogg will be there...Martin will speak about it arguarbly being the greatest rap album ever

C6mckTuWcAAmr3m.jpg
btw, how many universities have celebrated that classic album (tpab)? 7 already? maybe more?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. He changed his name to Three Letter Agency then to what it currently is. The sole reason he has positive rep is Rep, for some inexplicable reason, gets reset if you get WOAT. And he's obviously gotten WOAT multiple times.

2013, people complaining about his dikk riding ways:

Is Napoleon the most obnoxious dikk riding stan on the coli?

This is from 2015. As you can see posters are complaining he has hundreds of posts in every Drake thread on the site:

@Napoleon, Drake really popping in India like that?

Posters 2 years ago pointing out he's angry K Dot gets the respect he thinks Drake deserves:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/12614592/

This thread, exposing him as a fukking weirdo:

@Napolean.. Welcome To The Summerjam Screen..

I don't even fukk with K Dot that heavy but a Drake dikk rider trying to rationalize why K Dot has no classics while simultaneously sucking off Drake for literally thousands of posts is some Twilight Zone shyt. Literally any argument he's presented against K Dot goes double for Drake.

Fred.
Three Letter Agency does ring a bell :patrice:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
why don't the staff members ban him? I know many people who left the site (or don't want to join) because of him.

Report him. Enough people report, he gets banned. But he's doing threads like this so it seems like he's open to conversation, when it's just a roundabout way to dikk ride Drake.

Fred.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
btw, how many universities have celebrated that classic album (tpab)? 7 already? maybe more?
stopped counting bro.

But most universities are either celebrating it, or teaching it, specially in composition classes and musical classes.

Gkmc got the same treatment, but tpab is just doing it bigger. Tpab is mainly praised and analyzed for its beautiful and flawless musical composition that introduces complex musical ideas that hip hop artists don't know anything about (kanye west included)

Overpss

Pro
Daps
Don't worry, We know all drake fans aren't as bad as Napoleon. The drake fans I know, all of them, admit kendrick is far superior and already dropped 2 classics. Don't fall for Op's bait

Also, Joe Budden is a perfect example of it...he admits enjoying drake's music more because thats the kind of stuff he listens to, but still admits kendrick is objectively better than drake at pretty much everything.

Here's what he said;

- says TPAB is one of the greatest albums of all time
FSX2VJH.png

-says Kendrick is the only one on the way to be able to compete with Kanye's discography

-says Kendrick is 2/2 classics

-says he doesnt know how much credit he can give to Biggie because Diddy was there, and Diddy was always consistent with hits
rsz_bo9e7dq.png

-says we havent seen Drake do any "full length albums that are just hands down better than anything else" like Kendrick and Kanye have

-says no Drake/Cole album is on the level of TPAB/GKMC

-and if someone would ask him what is Drake's or Cole's classic is he would have to pause

-also flames Charlemagne for tweeting about how suddenly everbody fukks with TPAB and wanted it to win AOTY at the grammys. Joe says Charlemagne is smarter then that and should understand why black people would want a pro black album to win a Grammy even if they didnt like it.

-gives PSA: he loves all 3 of them, is envious of them and says they all changing music

Joe Budden Thinks Kendrick Lamar Is The Only One Capable Of Surpassing Kanye West’s Greatness

but really, joe ain't saying nothing new, like people have already said, everybody with a vast musical knowledge already knows that. We're just guys who enjoy gastronomic food while Napoleon is fine with Fast Food, and since he doesn't know what make something good/bad, he sticks to eating fast food every day
I bet Napoleon was a joe budden fan until he read that drake had no classic

at this point napoleon is gonna end up stanning 1 artist and thats it... cuz everybody saying kendrick is 2/2 as far as classics go while drake is failing at every attempt :russ:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can op leave rap alone?

1) the quality of tpab is undeniable, if you know what you're talking about, if you're a music lover who knows your shyt, then tpab is undeniable
2) TPAB's impact on jazz as a genre is undeniable. It's having quite a revival, especially the LA scene.

Herbie hancock himself will tell you that

not to mention herbie is now working with EVERY artist, musician and producer involved in Tpab to make his own jazz/rap album

3) gkmc is also a classic, even though I don't like it..its jut not as good as tpab, but classic nonetheless

I want to correct this post.

TPAB's impact on West Coast Jazz or Jazz in general is overstated.
If anything it's (Jazz is) being bolstered by dudes like Flylo and other left field Hip-Hop artists who've gradually
pushed the ideas/foundation laid out by Dilla/D'Angelo and so on further and further into unknown territory.

Kendrick's music on TPAB while great also borrows heavily from the work pioneered by J. Dilla, D'Angelo, The Roots and
so on which is why I always scratch my head when people say it's more "Jazz" than it actually is.

Fantastic album, it truly is and my post history shows I think it's a great Hip-Hop album which manages to push Jazz
into the confines of Hip-Hop Rhythm but Glasper, J. Dilla, D'Angelo, Pete Rock etc. have more of an influence
on the contemporary Hip-Hop flavored Jazz than Kendrick does by a country mile.

Examples you can look up are :
Roy Hargrove
Robert Glasper
Nicholas Payton
Ronny Jordan

As for what Herbie's talking about he's primarily speaking on the Jazz musicians who
played on the album :
Flylo (Electronica/Jazz)
Thundercat (Jazz-Funk)
Robert Glasper (Neo-Soul/Hip-Hop influenced Jazz)
Terrace Martin (Hip-Hop/Neo-Soul influenced Jazz)

Then there are guys like Kamasi Washington and Ambrose Akinmusire
not sure if they will be featured on Herbie's new album but without a doubt
they're also west coast but these two don't really classify as Hip-Hop.
Kamasi is more Bebop than anything while Ambrose is very modern sounding.

Last edited:

tweezy

Pro
Daps
I bet Napoleon was a joe budden fan until he read that drake had no classic

at this point napoleon is gonna end up stanning 1 artist and thats it... cuz everybody saying kendrick is 2/2 as far as classics go while drake is failing at every attempt :russ:
I bet the guy is living in a grotte. The only way for him to convince himself that drake makes good music is to go supersayan with the drake stannery :ld:

Would be easier for him to join Team-Kendrick, the classics are already there, on the desk :sas2:

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet the guy is living in a grotte. The only way for him to convince himself that drake makes good music is to go supersayan with the drake stannery :ld:

Would be easier for him to join Team-Kendrick, the classics are already there, on the desk :sas2:
Cosign, I don't get why Napoleon stans these wack artists when he can listen to great music

Or maybe it's just a challenge :ld: