Kawhi Leonard's Final Numbers From the First Round

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He shoots like he has rigamortis. Which I used to think was a bad thing but I've learned is a good thing watching him. His shot looks the exact same at all times. That's work. No moving parts. Just straight up and down. The dudes got next. At this point he's the most complete player in the game next to KD imo

Bron and KD are the only players I view as clearly better. Maybe Steph because of how he completely opens up the floor on the offensive end, but he's also in a perfect situation for his talents. Kawhi might really be the 3rd best basketball player in the NBA.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Kawhi is the reason I hate the fascination with huge stats. IMO I hardly ever seem him chasing baskets or doing anything to pad his stats. Has no problem playing low minutes. Has a huge impact on the game but because his counting stats aren't as high as Lebron, Westbrook, and Harden only gets a passing mention as an MVP candidate. To me doing what's needed for your team to win is a skill which includes falling back at times.
and what people are realizing this postseason is that his team is kinda booty.

It was what I told you in another thread, Kawhi is the MVP this year.

He shoots like he has rigamortis. Which I used to think was a bad thing but I've learned is a good thing watching him. His shot looks the exact same at all times. That's work. No moving parts. Just straight up and down. The dudes got next. At this point he's the most complete player in the game next to KD imo
thats because he is a robot.

Seriously tho, I agree. He the most complete player in the game. Like @Walt said, he has no flaws.

I know people are critical of his off ball defending this year, but you have to wonder if thats Pop saying that because Kawhi is a really good off ball defender as we saw in the past.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
how pop get TWO autistic athlete savants on his squad
like duncan was enough but as soon as he retires an even more autistic robot comes along ready to take over wtf

kwahi prob doesn't sleep he just goes home and stands in his crib with his eyes open until it's time for practice

:russ::russ:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
What's perplexing to me is how he sometimes leans forward awkwardly and not have good arc on some of his shots but he makes them consistently regardless. I guess his focus, balance, after-the-jump adjustments are just on another level but it is just strange to me how good he is with those weird pull ups. That's just so against how jumpshots are taught - you're supposed to go straight up. Anyway Kawhi is 1b status to me right now. It's a real slim separation between him and Lebron.

Yea that 1b shyt go out the window when they in a game and kawhi checks in :lolbron:

lebronkawhi.gif

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Bron and KD are the only players I view as clearly better. Maybe Steph because of how he completely opens up the floor on the offensive end, but he's also in a perfect situation for his talents. Kawhi might really be the 3rd best basketball player in the NBA.
I'd agree. But in terms of completeness of the game, defense, offense, scoring on the different levels of the court, etc, I think it's him and KD. Like there's nothing he can't do on the court right now. It's incredible. I don't want to get into hyperbole about what he's doing since it's only been one series and really one year, but this dude looks like he's for real here to stay

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
and what people are realizing this postseason is that his team is kinda booty.

It was what I told you in another thread, Kawhi is the MVP this year.
Oh I remember, we both agreed on him as our MVP. I saw plenty of times where when the team was struggling Kawhi would go on a mini run and take over when he was needed. But he also had no problem falling back when the rest of the team was playing great. That hurts his overall stats and I hate that he gets punished for that because it's all about overall stats for a lot of people.

FSP

Banned
Daps
What?! The only person on that list that has an argument with kawhi is KD. Westbrook is not efficient (and I Stan him), Harden is basically Westbrook that takes advantages of calls and is slightly better at getting his teammates involved, yet less athletic. God Steph of last year 2015-2016 that's iffy, but he broke down in the playoffs a bit. Kawhi just seems to have ice for blood and holds it down on an elite level on both ends. Only KD and Bron can say that.
KD doesn't have a ring and frequently chokes, also defers too much, it's really only Bron who has a case :manny:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
It's truly an amazing thing, his growth.

I'm almost positive, whoever scouted K. Leonard read this:
51WirY%2B1abL.jpg

or studied something similar.

They knew he'd be a player that is the type of person who, if he were in the Army, he'd be the type to not give up during ranger training.

If the prospect has the tools and you see him in the weight room and he consistently lifts until true muscle failure on every set. Draft that man if you have a great development staff.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pop brings a prospect to a gym and just stands in front of the kid and says whoever moves first loses... Kawhi probably outlasted that nikka.