Kawhi Leonard's Final Numbers From the First Round

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
the man's whole aura is an enigma to me.

That's the perfect way to describe him. Think about it, he's a top 2 player in the league, the face of the Spurs and already has a ring yet still no one really knows anything about him.

Normally the whole man-of-few-words thing with players is boring but in Kawhi's case it makes him even more interesting. The man is a complete mystery

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
:yeshrug:

System player that puts up great numbers.....spurs 7-1 without him

Spurs won 61 games this year

When he leaves the game the spurs were still on pace to win 57 games as far as the offensive and defense rating goes :yeshrug:

I'm with KD on this one....put him on the Cavs and I don't think make the post season. Him being all quite and never talking isn't going to make anybody play defense :yeshrug:

Kevin-Durant-Tweets-2.jpg

I think lots of the players in the league believe this :yeshrug: thats why when players leave the spurs all their numbers drop

shyts like the Patriots in the NBA. I'm going to take the people opinions that actually play in the NBA rather than coli posters :manny:
Last season I'd agree. But nah

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
He was supposed to be Bruce Bowen's replacement, just a 3 & D wing :mjlol:
Nah but Pop clearly saw the potential for much more than that. He often has talked about how much he loved George Hill and that trade was one of the hardest they ever had to make because of it, but in the end he couldnt say no to Kawhi, because he knew he could be something really special.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was watching some film of him from his rookie year and there is not even a hint of the player he is now...all he did was guard wings and shoot corner 3's...

I mean in 20 minutes of film I didn't see him put the ball on the floor 10 times...and when he did it was horrendous...

This dude went from being a bad passer to a well above average passer in like 30 games...he was STRUGGLING getting rid of the ball when he started seeing those consistent double teams around the all star break...now he is finding the open man with ease...

Beyond his work ethic is IQ has to be out of this world...

This is why I love high IQ players so much. Even when Kawhi starts losing his athleticism and becomes less able to exploit it on defense, he'll still be learning angles and techniques and tendencies and keep on being a big plus on that end while continuing to improve on the offensive end. Looking at the way guys like Duncan and Pierce and Garnett and Wade and Lebron age their games is beautiful. It's like as they keep going they just keep figuring out whatever they weren't doing right before.

Andre Miller gonna walk into your gym thirty years from now pushing a fukking walker and ask in on a game. He'll only take two shots and make both, but his teammates will keep getting the ball in perfect positions with passes that he started to throw before they even knew they were about to break towards the basket.

how pop get TWO autistic athlete savants on his squad

:dead: at calling someone a servant. Look at kd.

i said savant not servant you fukkin retard :dead:

:russ::russ::russ::dead::dead::dead:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
outside of spending 8 hours a day in the gym, a "fun night" for kawhi entails digiorno's pizza and jeffersons re-runs while his girl braids his hair. the man's whole aura is an enigma to me. i wouldn't be surprised if he continues to improve simply b/c of his lifestyle choices.

Kawhi-Leonards-girlfriend-Kishele-Shipley.png

I get a Marvin Harrison vibe from him.....this nikka silence resembles that of a true to life gangsta. :russ::merchant:

Last edited:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Pop told him to study Kobe, it's nothing to stick. He shows flashes here and there but he's making it his own way.
lol.. dude is follow pop's system to the boot..

itsl ike how KD was averaging like 57 fg% at one point..

the system will unleash the beast in you

Kobe is his own system.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
I love this JJ Redikk quote about Kawhi.... lets you know how relentless and obsessive Kawhi is:

“More than his length, his strength, his quickness, that mother‑‑‑‑‑‑ is so . . . locked . . . in…” Redikk said. “I have no idea what scouting report they give him, but he knows every play, and he takes no breaks.”

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I thought his biggest upgrade was adding his post game, but really it's his handles.

His kryptonite in past years was that he couldn't get much separation off the dribble, which killed him come playoffs because he doesn't get much lift on his jumpshot and the Spurs offense couldn't give him all those wide open spot-up looks like in the regular season. That's really where a lot of the "system player" shade came from.

But now he's handling the rock pretty effortless maneuvering through traffic, keeping his dribble, and creating a lot of space with the step back cross over. He still gets a little ahead of himself and does some awkward travels but all in all he's leveled up once again with his bball IQ.
Really? I think it's his big ass hands. All those difficult shots he makes by just aiming and throwing that shyt over someone with his length and grabbing the ball like a golf ball.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Its kind of funny, when he first came into the league he was like a synthetic killer, very emotionless. But now my nikka is laughin, talkin shyt, givin the refs a hard time about missed calls. Kawhi is my favorite player
I couldn't wait for that shyt to happen because dude used to get cheated on calls and he used to just look down and get back on the next play.

The refs even used to look at him expecting him to say some shyt like other players would do but he's already jogging back up the court.