MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I don't see him as a system player.

Klay Thompson, Yes. Kawhi, No.

I think Kawhi'd be good on any roster at this point. The Spurs system helped him develop into what he is now. But you put him on any team right NOW I think he'd be just as good if not better.

Klay is a great shooter, can create for himself, and is a good defender, how exactly is he a system player? :dahell:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Individual defense travels no matter what team you go on, but his looks would not be anywhere near as easy if he had to play on some shyt team without an offense with lots of movement

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Lord hath shown great favor to brother Kawhi and hath blessed him exceedingly. Thou has seen more success than Kevin and therefore should be praised for his great accomplishments. Thou would be a great player averaging great numbers no matter the team.
The player makes the system, the system doesn't make the player. God bless these men.
Is this your shtick? This is my first time seeing you post? :jbhmm:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
W05WEV.gif

You damn right he ain't.

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
When Kevin said it, he was right ... 2 years ago. Now Kawhai has developed to that nikka..

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Kawhi was a bit of a late bloomer when it comes to cultivating his skill set, but at this point he's legit and it's more mental now; i.e. imposing his will in tightly contested playoff games vs the Clippers, Thunder, Warriors, etc.

As far as the skillset, some players grow up with NBA player dads who can indoctrinate them into certain habits at a young age, others have a great AAU system or go to a great college program. I don't follow college bball so i've only heard that Kawhi was pretty much like a pf in school, so i dunno whether they saw his height, wingspan, hands,etc and kinda just typecast him as a shawn marion at best (with no emphasis on offense) or just where the disconnect came from... b/c he sure as hell seems to have the work ethic... and the Spurs definitely picked up on it

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
richard jefferson was in the same system as kawhi and dude was a BUST. if the system is why kawhi is thriving then why didn't it work for richard jefferson?:sas2:

kawhi has made an impact the moment he stepped on the floor and calling him a system player at any point in his career is seriously disrespectful.