Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

It looks like Ginsburg admitted to smoking pot, even though that was an absolutely ridiculous reason to withdraw. But given how long Kennedy was on the court I'd have to assume this was back when weed wasn't looked at (well, for white people at least) as that "harmless, cool drug."

The difference is Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual assault and attempted rape 36 years ago by one woman and until she testifies we won't be able to see how credible that accusation is. There's already a talking point that she doesn't remember pertinent facts about the incident so until testimony changes that it would look like an outright admission of guilt for Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination. You also have the precedent that a mere allegation by one person can derail a supreme court nomination so I'm sure it's a tactic that would be used again if he withdrew before the accuser actually testified.

I'm not saying he did or didn't do it and he's not on trial so there doesn't need to be proven beyond reasonable doubt, just given enough credibility where it looks possible. The one major thing I see Republicans doing to shoot themselves in the foot is trying to downplay the accusation (it wasn't successful so it's okay etc). They should really keep their mouths shut on this one and let the process play out. Kavanaugh is such a limp noodle I guess they feel the need to defend him but the Dems have staked everything on this so if her story withered under scrutiny the GOP would have won the day without having to mount a defense. Now, they put themselves in a position where even if it is a less than credible accusation the whole handling of the matter will be an indictment on the party. But with the 53% does it even matter? Sometimes I think the media overstates outrage and concerns over these issues.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
All of this helps destroy the notion of the legitimacy of the court. We packing it, baby.

Packing + term limits

But, @Great Scott might call you a hypocrite. Look, if someone punches you in the face and you say stop punching me in the face and they continue to do it after you told them it is wrong, in order to not be a hypocrite (the greatest crime there is) you shouldn't punch back and just let yourself continue to get punched in the face.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But, @Great Scott might call you a hypocrite. Look, if someone punches you in the face and you say stop punching me in the face and they continue to do it after you told them it is wrong, in order to not be a hypocrite (the greatest crime there is) you shouldn't punch back and just let yourself continue to get punched in the face.
:mjlol:

I've only ever heard Democrats threaten to pack the courts so hypocrisy doesn't apply. It's not like Republicans have done it, and I didn't say anything until Democrats did it too.:mjlol: My position is clear: I don't think anyone should pack the courts.

Last edited:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
:manny:They should've run with the baseball tickets (gambling problem) debt thing. The country hates women so much, this was never gonna work.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:manny:They should've run with the baseball tickets (gambling problem) debt thing. The country hates women so much, this was never gonna work.

Nah. Baseball ticket debt wouldn't scare the GOP into repeatedly moving deadline after deadline after the allotted hearing.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This country is done. Globalization will leave this country behind
So the other day, I driving to work, and it dawns on me. Africa is about to produce a shyt of millionaires and billionaires within the next 30 years, as several countries transform from developing to advances democracies. You can literally turn any trade into a high scale business, as the money comes in.

Africa is a continent filled wit resources too....

Really thinking about making that move to Nigeria or SA.