Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Well damn. If McConnell was smart he would tell Trump to cancel his nominee now and nominate someone else by next week. This gonna look bad for Republicans if/when they push him through.

Mitch has probably already tried that and Trump won't listen -- he doesn't wanna pull Kavanaugh. He probably views it as a loss, sign of weakness, or truly believes Kavanaugh would protect him if on the SCOTUS.

I think that politically this works in the D's favor since it could drag this process later into the fall and maybe even derail it completely (unlikely I know).

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Mitch has probably already tried that and Trump won't listen -- he doesn't wanna pull Kavanaugh. He probably views it as a loss, sign of weakness, or truly believes Kavanaugh would protect him if on the SCOTUS.

I think that politically this works in the D's favor since it could drag this process later into the fall and maybe even derail it completely (unlikely I know).
He can’t pull him. If he pulls him there isn’t enough time before the midterms to set up camp.

Maybe Mitch can speak to the Russians about a couple votes that need to be switched.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
He can’t pull him. If he pulls him there isn’t enough time before the midterms to set up camp.

Maybe Mitch can speak to the Russians about a couple votes that need to be switched.
Cats out the bag.. gop ain’t going anywhere near Russians without getting exposed on signet... Mitch might As well blow it up.. it only gets worse for Kavanaugh from here

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Cats out the bag.. gop ain’t going anywhere near Russians without getting exposed on signet... Mitch might As well blow it up.. it only gets worse for Kavanaugh from here
I had him pulling his nomination last week. :yeshrug:

As November approaches I’m getting nervous. And I’m never nervous about anything.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Well damn. If McConnell was smart he would tell Trump to cancel his nominee now and nominate someone else by next week. This gonna look bad for Republicans if/when they push him through.
Dems in the cut
tenor.gif

did the GOP forget midterms coming up? this is a gift

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS

Kavanaugh was nominated less than 2 months ago. What’s to stop R’s from pulling Kavanaugh and rushing another Federalist Society approved judge in the lame duck? It’s not like Mitch respects senate decorum or norms.

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside