Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't understand some of you guys. Why are you acting surprised the Republican party isn't against rape?
They don’t care. But the political backlash will guarantee many senators don’t get re-elected. If Collins or Murkoski approve a rapist who Goes on to abolish abortion it will guarantee they lose their reelection. I’m willing to bet this tanks his nomination. He was already barely going to get confirmed already. And the Metoo movement is like a category 5 hurricane right now. Get caught up in it and you done.

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
i still dont understand how the entire northeast corridor isn't blue in 2018. yes i know there are a lot of rural honkies in new hampshire and maine but overall those states have less in common with the modern day republican party. having to deal with this collins bytch on important legislation matters is getting annoying. dems need to get her the fukk outta here.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
They don’t care. But the political backlash will guarantee many senators don’t get re-elected. If Collins or Murkoski approve a rapist who Goes on to abolish abortion it will guarantee they lose their reelection. I’m willing to bet this tanks his nomination. He was already barely going to get confirmed already. And the Metoo movement is like a category 5 hurricane right now. Get caught up in it and you done.
No. It will not.

You guys keep repeating this lie, but you never specify who won't get elected for supporting Kavanaugh. Let's take a look at TN which leans R.

This was just put up by the republican nominee for Senate:

This is the republican incumbent from Wyoming:
https://www.barrasso.senate.gov/pub...ca-needs-judge-kavanaugh-on-the-supreme-court
“Maybe the most important thing that people expect us to deal with quickly is confirming Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

“We’re off to a good start with the confirmation hearings for Judge Kavanaugh that were held last week in the Judiciary Committee.

“What people learned is that Judge Kavanagh is a well-respected, mainstream, highly qualified person for this important job.

“What people also saw is that some Democrats in the Senate were totally unwilling to give him fair consideration.

Edit: We keep talking about Collins and Murkowski like they're the only 2 female republicans in the Senate. There are 6 female Republican Senators.
  1. Susan Collins
  2. Lisa Murkowski
  3. Deb Fischer
  4. Shelley Capito
  5. Joni Ernst
  6. Cindy Hyde-Smith
REPUBLICAN VOTERS DO NOT CARE.

Go google every Republican nominee running for Senate this November and their comments on Kavanaugh.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
i still dont understand how the entire northeast corridor isn't blue in 2018. yes i know there are a lot of rural honkies in new hampshire and maine but overall those states have less in common with the modern day republican party. having to deal with this collins bytch on important legislation matters is getting annoying. dems need to get her the fukk outta here.
i used to live in mass and the new england region (especially new hampshire and maine) arent as blue as people think. you have a mixture of people who are "socially liberal but fiscally conservative" (:mjpls:) and straight up unabashed republicans making up maybe 25-40% of the states at any given time. if theres low liberal turnout it can create a perfect storm and get a rethug elected in congress or the governors mansion.