Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
i used to live in mass and the new england region (especially new hampshire and maine) arent as blue as people think. you have a mixture of people who are "socially liberal but fiscally conservative" (:mjpls:) and straight up unabashed republicans making up maybe 25-40% of the states at any given time. if theres low liberal turnout it can create a perfect storm and get a rethug elected in congress or the governors mansion.
There is a republican governor of Massachusetts.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
normally im not a fan of these "he did this 30 years ago" allegations, but id be glad to see this actually take kavanaugh down. this dude is a fukkin weasel :scusthov:

his inability to answer "should a president have to answer a subpoena" was disgusting. not to mention he's obviously "pro life" :scusthov:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i used to live in mass and the new england region (especially new hampshire and maine) arent as blue as people think. you have a mixture of people who are "socially liberal but fiscally conservative" (:mjpls:) .
:dead: im from mass, and i'd say that describes me

why the :mjpls: in that case? don't tell me you're OK with how the government spends your fukkin money :scusthov: you're goddamn right im fiscally conservative

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:lupe:

There is still hope he won't be confirmed?

Technically I guess so, but it's a wash.

Republicans will probably confirm Kavanaugh regardless because, well, they're Republicans and support party above all. But even if they don't, I can't imagine them not pushing somebody else through (that wouldn't be any better) before the end of the year.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Technically I guess so, but it's a wash.

Republicans will probably confirm Kavanaugh regardless because, well, they're Republicans and support party above all. But even if they don't, I can't imagine them not pushing somebody else through (that wouldn't be any better) before the end of the year.
You live to fight another day.

If the dems take the senate.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
:dead: im from mass, and i'd say that describes me

why the :mjpls: in that case? don't tell me you're OK with how the government spends your fukkin money :scusthov: you're goddamn right im fiscally conservative
cause a lot of those people think of those economic issues as more important. in my experience a lot of em voted for trump for economic policies and shyt like the supreme court, and will go :yeshrug: at racism. also in general a lot of those same types who are "small government" will go :manny: at police brutality and the police state. like they only care about big government when it comes to the second amendment and taxation, but they dont care about 4th, 5th, 14th amendment violations. not saying thats you cause i know you dont fukk with cops but i have seen a lot of them like that.
you from the northshore? i remember there being a lot of libertarian types in the small and midsized towns there.
There is a republican governor of Massachusetts.
thats not uncommon too, there was a gang of them before deval patrick was in office. mass republicans like mitt romney and charlie baker are less socially conservative and Mass has a lot of wealthy people who want lower taxes. plus governors elections there are in midterm years and dems dont normally get out the vote as much then.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed

The issue is the Republicans have a deep bench of judges just like him

:scust:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cause a lot of those people think of those economic issues as more important. in my experience a lot of em voted for trump for economic policies and shyt like the supreme court, and will go :yeshrug: at racism. also in general a lot of those same types who are "small government" will go :manny: at police brutality and the police state. like they only care about big government when it comes to the second amendment and taxation, but they dont care about 4th, 5th, 14th amendment violations. not saying thats you cause i know you dont fukk with cops but i have seen a lot of them like that.
you from the northshore? i remember there being a lot of libertarian types in the small and midsized towns there.

ah, alright i know exactly what you mean

yea im around salem

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

to be fair, i think it was the picture that did Franken in. without that picture, i'm pretty confident he sticks around and weathers that storm

i had hoped he would run against trump in 2020 to be honest, he would have clowned the fukk out of him

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You live to fight another day.

If the dems take the senate.

Keep in mind though, even if Dems take the Senate (which is possible, if unlikely) they won't take control until January.

So the GOP would just rush someone through in the timeframe between midterms and January. Would they get a lot of shyt for it? Sure, but they won't care and would do it anyway (we saw what happened with Obama's nominee).

All I'm saying is we need to be realistic about the situation.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
ah, alright i know exactly what you mean

yea im around salem
lol al divinos from there
ever had a chop suey sandwich?
o.jpg

:scusthov: