Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Keep in mind the Dems are currently fukked worse in the House (proportionate representation) than the Senate. I don't know if I want the Senate to go away
the democrats are most likely going to win the house this november and it would be extremely hard for them to win the senate. gerrymandering in the house is a massive problem of course but the senate gives people in small states far too much disproportionate power for the current system to be okay.
btw im not saying we should get rid of the senate entirely. maybe a body with fewer districts than the house (just 100-150) but more proportional than the senate.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think the dems can get the Senate but if they can pull the house then they'll be able to block a lot of this fukk shyt for the next couple years. Then in 2020 takeover the senate and hopefully have all 3 branches and do something with it this time...

I don't think all is lost but having a 5-4 disadvantage in the supreme court was a huge L so anyone who says "don't vote" I'll punch u in the fukkin throat :russ:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Manchin has actually voted no pretty much every time it counted in recent memory. If he acted like a regular Democrat, he would not have that seat and it would belong to a full fledged hardcore right wing redneck Republican.

That’s a bullshyt excuse. Dems didn’t even try to support to progressive that ran against him. Republicans get obedience from their ranks, why should Dems accept different?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
That’s a bullshyt excuse. Dems didn’t even try to support to progressive that ran against him. Republicans get obedience from their ranks, why should Dems accept different?

Because if his opponent won the primary, that would be a guaranteed Republican victory in the general election

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
With Collins voting yes, there's no chance the Kavanaugh nomination will be blocked. He risks blowing his lead in his upcoming senate race if he votes no. That would mean Kavanaugh is still in ,and we're down another Dem senator.
I know why hes doing it lol thats obvious. Its still bytch made hes no doing it for the party either hes doing it for himself.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I don't think the dems can get the Senate but if they can pull the house then they'll be able to block a lot of this fukk shyt for the next couple years. Then in 2020 takeover the senate and hopefully have all 3 branches and do something with it this time...

I don't think all is lost but having a 5-4 disadvantage in the supreme court was a huge L so anyone who says "don't vote" I'll punch u in the fukkin throat :russ:

We might be looking at a 7-2 disadvantage :damn:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I know why hes doing it lol thats obvious. Its still bytch made hes no doing it for the party either hes doing it for himself.

I don't think Joe Manchin wants to confirm Kavanaugh. He's dealing with WV (one of the most conservative states in the country) and has to play his cards right.

Joe Manchin's vote is super important whether or not people want to admit it. He usually votes with the Democrats except when it comes to Trump's judicial picks (who are usually a shoe in anyway due to the Republican senate majority). If Joe Manchin was really a Republican, he would have ran as one back in 2012 and voted the same way Shelley Capito does.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I apologize guys, Senator Manchin is worse than I thought. However I still think much of his recent shyttyness is due to his reelection bid. We'll revisit this topic a year from now

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Damn guys, I didn't realize how many red state Dem senators there were. And several of them are up for reelection next month, this is gonna be intense