Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The Dems are generally weak, but the bigger issue is that the Republican base votes no matter what and the Democratic base is extremely fickle and only votes if they feel "inspired", so Dems are rarely in power. As far as the GOP coming back into power, that was sheer white resentment and little else.

That's because the Dems do nothing to energize their base. Instead they rely on the Republicans to say or do something horrible enough to get them to the polls as opposition. This is not a winning strategy. The GOP used that "sheer white resentment," to rally and energize their base. They didn't allow that resentment to fester as they stayed home on election day.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Nothing he said was wrong though...and I didn't vote for Hillary in the General, I wrote in Bernie. I live in NYC so it was an empty gesture but there were thousands like me in places all around the country where it mattered and it counted.

It's over dog. Beto is not winning in Texas and all other other toss up senate seats are not going to be won by Dems.

This has energized the right.

Nap was right...the problem with the left is that they refuse to stay on code or think long term. Only "now now now I want it now"

Ok...you got it now...hope you ready for this "revolution"
I don’t think Beto could win Texas. I thought Phil could win TN.

A few years back I remember people were disgusted than Weiner left congress — they wanted a fighter. I don’t care for perverts. I don’t believe in sacrificing my beliefs just for a win. I understand the republicans don’t suffer from my dilemma. But if I wanted to engage in hypocrisy I would just be a Republican. It’s not hard to lie.

It takes hard work everyday to succeed.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I fukkN TOLD Y'ALL.

Good lord. I feel bad about the brehs in TN and WV who actually give a fukk about being a liberal or a progressive. This is sickening.
Maybe democrats in TN want to get rid of abortions but support employee rights?

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
The idiots who refused to vote this election are now blaming democrats, bernie or busts morons are now blaming the democrat. I just wish manchin voted no because i knew this vile hacks and bernie or bust who stayed home and alt left supporters and the purity left will use this as an excuse to say see democrats and republicans are the same. These people stayed home, voted jill stein or third party. Jimmy dore said the supreme court was not important to vote hillary and you have idiots on this site posting jimmy dore and TYT and the intercept like they are credible.

The republicans knew trump was not perfect unlike the far left and purity left they understand politics and knew trump would give them majority on the supreme court for decades to rule against black people and take away peoples right. The arrogant far left stayed home. That is the difference.

TYT had a video nearly daily criticizing hillary , the same for the intercept, the right united because they could reason long term.

What good has bernie sanders had except sow discord among liberals to stay home? his movement has promoted purity politics and he has made people believe delusional promises.
YOU LIVE IN BRITAIN, SHUT THE fukk UP

Daps
Nothing he said was wrong though...and I didn't vote for Hillary in the General, I wrote in Bernie. I live in NYC so it was an empty gesture but there were thousands like me in places all around the country where it mattered and it counted.

It's over dog. Beto is not winning in Texas and all other other toss up senate seats are not going to be won by Dems.

This has energized the right.

Nap was right...the problem with the left is that they refuse to stay on code or think long term. Only "now now now I want it now"

Ok...you got it now...hope you ready for this "revolution"
If you dare call out the purity left and TYT, intercept, glenn greenwald and the alt left bernie sanders supporters and the damage their purity bs has done then you are wrong. I am not NAP and i encourage the mods to check my IP. I see bernie sanders, and the purity left for the vile hacks they are, they knew peoples right could be taken away and they said i refuse to vote because how dare hillary clinton beat bernie sanders in the primary!

Look at bernie sanders liberals/alt left purity liberals they are already saying they will not vote for gillum in florida because he wants hillary to campaign with him, they are ok with allowing a racist like de santis win to prove their purity bs.

You dont know how vile these people are, they have already said the DNC has chosen kamala/kirsten or any other ''coperate'' dem to win 2020.They are saying the 2020 primary is rigged. Think about how dangerous and evil to say that.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I don't disagree that this is generally true about Democrats.

But in this specific situation the GOP was going to push Kavanaugh through regardless. There was no "disqualifying" Kavanaugh, regardless of whatever accusations are leveled the Democrats just don't have the votes to block him without getting some GOP senators onboard, and that was always unlikely.

The Dems are generally weak, but the bigger issue is that the Republican base votes no matter what and the Democratic base is extremely fickle and only votes if they feel "inspired", so Dems are rarely in power. As far as the GOP coming back into power, that was sheer white resentment and little else.
This has been done to death, but the difference between the Democratic base and the Republican base is that Democrats vote for something and Republicans vote against something. It is always easier to get up there and say what you won't do and allow than to advocate for systemic changes and explain them. Democrats are academic and come from the professional class. Republicans come from the frat boy side of that. Is it any surprise that the people who are best at getting at Republicans i.e. Sanders or Franken were not a part of that fraternity? Moreover, the majority of people in the country are white. 88% of Republicans are white. It's easier to appeal to white people than a coalition of people of various backgrounds and income levels who are largely Democrats because they oppose something the Republicans are for or will do.

Obama was effective because he was so green to the Senate that you could not label in any particular fashion and people could project things on to him. Ol boy from Texas is the closest thing that you have to that. And of course, the Democratic establishment would rather cut deals with Republicans than deal with the activist side of their party. They were all groomed under the 3rd Way. You're blamingly the base, but what exactly has the Democratic Party done at the local level to inspire loyalty?

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
If you dare call out the purity left and TYT, intercept, glenn greenwald and the alt left bernie sanders supporters and the damage their purity bs has done then you are wrong. I am not NAP and i encourage the mods to check my IP. I see bernie sanders, and the purity left for the vile hacks they are, they knew peoples right could be taken away and they said i refuse to vote because how dare hillary clinton beat bernie sanders in the primary!

Look at bernie sanders liberals/alt left purity liberals they are already saying they will not vote for gillum in florida because he wants hillary to campaign with him, they are ok with allowing a racist like de santis win to prove their purity bs.

You dont know how vile these people are, they have already said the DNC has chosen kamala/kirsten or any other ''coperate'' dem to win 2020.They are saying the 2020 primary is rigged. Think about how dangerous and evil to say that.
YOU LIVE IN BRITAIN, SHUT THE fukk UP

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

i wouldn't trust her. there isn't much separating her and collins. this woman brought this piece of human garbage into the world.
JohnRice-Cameron-370x242.jpg

The conservative leader at Stanford - is Susan Rice’s son - The College Fix

and she's suppose to be the democrat answer to a relatively moderate collins? fukk outta here. hopefully the maine democratic party can actually find someone from maine.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The idiots who refused to vote this election are now blaming democrats, bernie or busts morons are now blaming the democrat. I just wish manchin voted no because i knew this vile hacks and bernie or bust who stayed home and alt left supporters and the purity left will use this as an excuse to say see democrats and republicans are the same. These people stayed home, voted jill stein or third party. Jimmy dore said the supreme court was not important to vote hillary and you have idiots on this site posting jimmy dore and TYT and the intercept like they are credible.

The republicans knew trump was not perfect unlike the far left and purity left they understand politics and knew trump would give them majority on the supreme court for decades to rule against black people and take away peoples right. The arrogant far left stayed home. That is the difference.

TYT had a video nearly daily criticizing hillary , the same for the intercept, the right united because they could reason long term.

What good has bernie sanders had except sow discord among liberals to stay home? his movement has promoted purity politics and he has made people believe delusional promises.
i warned everyone about this.

I would ride for Bernie if he joined the party. He has not. And thus he must be destroyed politically for the benefit of Democrats if we are to survive. He is a spoiler who benefits republicans.

I warned everyone this would happen.

Remember this when people laugh, mock, or insult me.

No one on here has any political instincts.