Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah, the Dems just don't have any fight nor a scorched Earth mentality. The GOP constantly blocked, delayed, made huge issues out of non stories, spun losses into wins, whatever they could do to energize their base and throw off the Obama agenda. The Dems on the other hand will wrong their hands (weakly) and resign themselves to a loss. The only reason they fought so hard this time is because it looked like a sure victory. With a little effort how can you NOT get a nominee disqualified with sexual assault accusations against him in 2018? Well, looks like we're about to find out. It's like they are ignoring who and what they are dealing with. I remember in 2012 people said the GOP was DEAD, that they would not win another Presidential election in our lifetime. Now they control all three branches of Government. How do you think they went from dead man walking to the party that controls all?

I don't disagree that this is generally true about Democrats.

But in this specific situation the GOP was going to push Kavanaugh through regardless. There was no "disqualifying" Kavanaugh, regardless of whatever accusations are leveled the Democrats just don't have the votes to block him without getting some GOP senators onboard, and that was always unlikely.

The Dems are generally weak, but the bigger issue is that the Republican base votes no matter what and the Democratic base is extremely fickle and only votes if they feel "inspired", so Dems are rarely in power. As far as the GOP coming back into power, that was sheer white resentment and little else.

Daps
The idiots who refused to vote this election are now blaming democrats, bernie or busts morons are now blaming the democrat. I just wish manchin voted no because i knew this vile hacks and bernie or bust who stayed home and alt left supporters and the purity left will use this as an excuse to say see democrats and republicans are the same. These people stayed home, voted jill stein or third party. Jimmy dore said the supreme court was not important to vote hillary and you have idiots on this site posting jimmy dore and TYT and the intercept like they are credible.

The republicans knew trump was not perfect unlike the far left and purity left they understand politics and knew trump would give them majority on the supreme court for decades to rule against black people and take away peoples right. The arrogant far left stayed home. That is the difference.

TYT had a video nearly daily criticizing hillary , the same for the intercept, the right united because they could reason long term.

What good has bernie sanders had except sow discord among liberals to stay home? his movement has promoted purity politics and he has made people believe delusional promises.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
The idiots who refused to vote this election are now blaming democrats, bernie or busts morons are now blaming the democrat. I just wish manchin voted no because i knew this vile hacks and bernie or bust who stayed home and alt left supporters and the purity left will use this as an excuse to say see democrats and republicans are the same. These people stayed home, voted jill stein or third party. Jimmy dore said the supreme court was not important to vote hillary and you have idiots on this site posting jimmy dore and TYT and the intercept like they are credible.

The republicans knew trump was not perfect unlike the far left and purity left they understand politics and knew trump would give them majority on the supreme court for decades to rule against black people and take away peoples right. The arrogant far left stayed home. That is the difference.

TYT had a video nearly daily criticizing hillary , the same for the intercept, the right united because they could reason long term.

What good has bernie sanders had except sow discord among liberals to stay home? his movement has promoted purity politics and he has made people believe delusional promises.
Please shut up.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

@Regular_P and Susan Sarandon can bern in hell.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Hold this neg

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Please shut up.
Nothing he said was wrong though...and I didn't vote for Hillary in the General, I wrote in Bernie. I live in NYC so it was an empty gesture but there were thousands like me in places all around the country where it mattered and it counted.

It's over dog. Beto is not winning in Texas and all other other toss up senate seats are not going to be won by Dems.

This has energized the right.

Nap was right...the problem with the left is that they refuse to stay on code or think long term. Only "now now now I want it now"

Ok...you got it now...hope you ready for this "revolution"

Ya'll better stick close to your families, hug your kids tight, because it's about to get ugly as fukk in this country

And remember: There's a recession coming