Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
It looks like Republicans have closed the enthusiasm gap. A lot of GOP voters especially conservative White men have been pissed over these Kavanaugh allegations and they are more enthusiastic to go out and vote.

Don't bet on a "blue wave" in November brehs :francis:.

In a way, it would have been better if these allegations didn't come out :francis:.

Last edited:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Dems are not winning the senate

It will be a small bump in terms of gaining reps in the House but that's it
I’m not saying it is likely, but I believe the Dems do have an outside chance of pulling it off. It looks like Manchin, and Tester will hold on in WV, and MN. Heitkamp will probably lose though. But the Dems will have a chance to pick up NV, TN, and I think Andrew Gillum being on the ballot is going to really help Nelson in the Florida race. Dems also have an outside shot at Tx with Beto, although I think Cruz will hang on and win. I think the Dems have a decent shot.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
It looks like Republicans have closed the enthusiasm gap. A lot of GOP voters especially conservative White men have been pissed over these Kavanaugh allegations and they are more enthusiastic to go out and vote.

Don't bet on a "blue wave" in November brehs :francis:.

In a way, it would have been better if these allegations didn't come out :francis:.

stop regurgitating Russian propaganda about enthusiasm gap

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Dems thought they could #metoo this nomination and in 2018 I figured it would be successful. This is the type of red meat the media loves to dangle but it may have all been for naught.

The Dems should have gone on the attack against his finances first, highlighting his gambling addiction. Basically making the case he could be easily compromised and coopted by monied interests for his vote in pivotal cases. They could then link his college drinking to his character stating he's traded one vice (drinking) for another (gambling) and he has therefore shown no growth in 30 years and still engages in risky and irresponsible behaviours even as an adult. Then you can drop the #metoo allegations as the cherry on top. His credibility would have already been in the dirt and he probably would have thrown several tantrums and cracked under all the pressure but Dems put all their eggs in one basket and now that basket may break.

I still don't think it's a sure shot he gets through. It's going to be a nail biter for Turtle.

ya i've thought from the beginning that like you said, the dems put all their eggs in the drunken rapist basket and have framed this whole thing wrong. having the hearing with dr. ford was the right thing to do but they've been bumbling this both before and after that.

the gambling, suspect debts (and payoffs), the partisanship, the fukking blatant perjury...that stuff is all 100x more provable, and frankly more germane to his potential position as a supreme justice than a decades old sexual assault claim that never had a chance to go much farther beyond a "he said/she said" scenario.

and in a couple days they're gonna welcome brett "i like beer" kavanaugh to the supreme court.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@mkraju
Sen. Blumenthal, without getting into details, said Debbie Ramirez gave a “detailed” and “precise” account of her experiences, saying that was more than a hint of misconduct by Kavanaugh. He also disputed GOP claims that there was nothing to corroborate those claims

12:51 PM - 4 Oct 2018

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
People are also forgetting that RBG is 85 and Stephen Breyer is 80. They are the oldest members of the Supreme Court and they are both liberals.

If one or both of them pass away before Trump leaves office, then nothing Democrats do in November or 2020 will matter.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
ya i've thought from the beginning that like you said, the dems put all their eggs in the drunken rapist basket and have framed this whole thing wrong. having the hearing with dr. ford was the right thing to do but they've been bumbling this both before and after that.

the gambling, suspect debts (and payoffs), the partisanship, the fukking blatant perjury...that stuff is all 100x more provable, and frankly more germane to his potential position as a supreme justice than a decades old sexual assault claim that never had a chance to go much farther beyond a "he said/she said" scenario.

and in a couple days they're gonna welcome brett "i like beer" kavanaugh to the supreme court.
No one cared about any of those things.

The drunken rapist narrative relates closer to the abortion argument that pro life conservatives said was a lynch pin.

Assuming that a bunch of degenerate Senators are going to vote down another degenerate for being degenerate is a much larger Longshot.

Besides, there is no way to get to the bottom. Of the debt payoffs or perjury if republicans, as they've shown when those issues were brought up, to subpoena the required parties and information.