Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said she would not push to impeach Brett Kavanaugh if Democrats retake the majority in next month’s midterm elections, saying it will not be a focus of the party.

“Let’s take it one day at a time. We are not about impeachment,” Pelosi said at the Atlantic Festival in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday.

“That would not be my plan,” she added, saying Democrats are “not about dividing the country. We’re about ‘E pluribus unum.’”

Nancy Pelosi Not On Board With Impeaching Brett Kavanaugh

:martin:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
well history is filled with unintended consequences, isn't it?

:francis:

“David Birdsell, dean of the school of public and international affairs at Baruch College, notes that by 2040, about 70% of Americans are expected to live in the 15 largest states,” Seib wrote. “They will have only 30 senators representing them, while the remaining 30% of Americans will have 70 senators representing them.”

I've always said that the Dems top priority in event they ever come back into power should be to stop their voters from being constantly disenfranchised.

There needs to be a concerted effort to fix gerrymandering, voter suppression, and the system as a whole to make things actually fair.

But even if they win, instead they'll probably just try to do everything possible to avoid offending Republican voters. :martin:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I've always said that the Dems top priority in event they ever come back into power should be to stop their voters from being constantly disenfranchised.

There needs to be a concerted effort to fix gerrymandering, voter suppression, and the system as a whole to make things actually fair.

But even if they win, instead they'll probably just try to do everything possible to avoid offending Republican voters. :martin:
How many black voters were removed from the voter rolls in Wisconsin? How many black voters were removed from the rolls nationally in the 2016 election? What are the Democratic Party’s plans to ensure this stops?

The DNC has a lot of problems.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I want so much to say that letter, the barfight, all the smaller, death by a 1000 cuts will be enough to sink the nomination.

I also want to say that Roy Moore went the right way, and this could go the wrong way.

I mean, that letter says it all. THAT guy didn't pin a woman to a bed and grope her, drunkenly? Uhh huh. That isn't beyond plausible? A boozed up, privileged frat boy, who is making sexual overtures in EVERY available space, didn't briefly terrify and demean a woman, in a room with no one else around?

There aren't any sexual references in my yearbook. Or others that I signed. There are no references to sex in most of my writing from high school. I was dealing and using cocaine, and smoking weed, alcohol, hustling on a daily basis, and saw a now horrifying amount of sexual abuse and misconduct, but it was never me.

And yes, this is ALL about protecting the privileged (white) male, Kavanaugh is not a monster, he's merely a representation of how man have had permission to act for decades. Maybe forever.

Last edited: