Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
when i say moderate breh i mean like merrick garland. nobody to the right of roberts
Excuse me? If the democrats take the senate, There should be no confirmations because the president is a lame-duck president.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
if the dems take the senate i dont think they should refuse to hear out a trump nominee out of hand. they should meet with the people he nominates and hold hearings. that being said they should NOT allow anyone on SCOTUS who cant be described as at least a moderate judge. no jesus freaks, no extreme textualists, none of that shyt. if trump wont nominate someone reasonable, then the seat should stay open.
I gotta disagree dont nominate shyt the republicans created the environment imo.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I gotta disagree dont nominate shyt the republicans created the environment imo.
yeah but i think not holding any hearings is a terrible look. what im saying is: dont compromise. only vote somebody on SCOTUS who they think will be a good justice. which is probably someone trump isnt willing to nominate.

IceDragon

All Star
Daps
Had some discussions with people i thought i knew. They was on the Republican's side in this political mess talking about how accusations will "ruin this man's life" and it's all the Dems fault for this circus. Some was acting like Obama didn't have a seat stolen from him and shyt like that. it's weird because they are not fans of Trump and if i had to take a wild guess, they would vote against Trump in 2020. They never explicitly said it but i can tell they have problems with women making rape accusations in general. I guess because of the increasing gender culture war shyt going on. Don't get me wrong i'm a black man in America so i worry about false accusations as well but this felt like doubting just off principle.

I understand everyone isn't going to have the same opinions and political leanings as me of but i still lost some trust in them tonight. Damn man what's going on? just damn :snoop:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Had some discussions with people i thought i knew. They was on the Republican's side in this political mess talking about how accusations will "ruin this man's life" and it's all the Dems fault for this circus. Some was acting like Obama didn't have a seat stolen from him and shyt like that. it's weird because they are not fans of Trump and if i had to take a wild guess, they would vote against Trump in 2020. They never explicitly said it but i can tell they have problems with women making rape accusations in general. I guess because of the increasing gender culture war shyt going on. Don't get me wrong i'm a black man in America so i worry about false accusations as well but this felt like doubting just off principle.

I understand everyone isn't going to have the same opinions and political leanings as me of but i still lost some trust in them tonight. Damn man what's going on? just damn :snoop:
it makes no sense for black men to feel personally concerned about how this accusation will effect kavanaugh. he has a clear history and pattern of sexual violence, its not at all like the situations where white women accuse black men falsely.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Having missed the testimony, live, I am catching up a little.

It is so clear who Kavanaugh, is and why he is backed the way he is. They are almost all like that. Ivy League to State school, privileged white men, (though rape isn't a race thing). He is defiant and angry, entitled, bristling with anger at his reputation being dirtied. He is near belligerent and abusive in just that testimony. I can see this dude as a beer guzzling, shot pounding absolute a$$hole as a youth, and his entire life. He just happens to be into constitutional law, and came from an affluent enough background to reach this place.
So succinctly put. Dapped and repped. :wow: