Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

djkumbaya

Pro
Daps
This was the point I was getting at.
:mindblown:

You cant make courting Republican votes such a big deal, to where your ignoring your own voter base, AND make shyt republicans hate the most a big focus point of your campaign.

The Democrats seem adamant on courting Republicans and independents and you cant do that while fighting for stuff they are against.
:dahell:

gay rights and illegals (minorities) isnt ignoring the voting base thoso what are you talking about

first you are saying they are talking too much about gay rights now you are saying they are adamant on courting repubs (who arent with gay rights)?

how are they making courting republicans a big deal if they are adamantly calling for trans rights like you said?

are you just arguing back and forth to argue now? like do you even know what are you even talking about or remember your previous posts?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The problem isn't that progressive policies are bad.

They just aren't winning in conservative/moderate areas despite any polling that suggests this is what

This is my point.

That is why I said they need to put certain stuff on back burner if they want any chance at conservative areas.

You wont appeal to those areas otherwise, it's a waste of time.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

They just aren't winning in conservative/moderate areas despite any polling that suggests this is what the people want.

So the challenge is straight forward. Get progressive voters out in mass in areas they lose.

Änd I fukk with you, @tru_m.a.c and @FAH1223 and a lot of your positions.

But y'all live in DC, DMV, and NYC.

That just isn't the country.

So yes, establishment dems have issues in the rust belt.

But progressives have issues in the south.

So how do we reconcile because the truth is most citizens are more in line with what they want than the politicians.

Those conservative states have never been ahead of the curb. They always drag their feet and the progressive states compromise to avoid Civil War(except when the south finally had enough). But even after that, they still choose to pass laws to hurt blacks and the progressive states turned a blind eye until they couldn't.

A lot of this can be traced back to the Civil Rights era. They finally realized that the judiciary was the one passing the laws they hated and overruling their state's rights on gay marriage, abortion, voting rights, gerrymandering, etc. So instead of legislating it, they gone on a 30 plus year crusade to win the federal courts and now Trump is about to deliver it cause of McConnell.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

They just aren't winning in conservative/moderate areas despite any polling that suggests this is what the people want.

So the challenge is straight forward. Get progressive voters out in mass in areas they lose.

Änd I fukk with you, @tru_m.a.c and @FAH1223 and a lot of your positions.

But y'all live in DC, DMV, and NYC.

That just isn't the country.

So yes, establishment dems have issues in the rust belt.

But progressives have issues in the south.

So how do we reconcile because the truth is most citizens are more in line with what they want than the politicians.
Conservative Dems don't win in the south either so that argument doesn't work. The only example is ol boy in west virginia. Of VA which is basically the establishment. Who are the Dems in power in the south that are conservative?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
first you are saying they are talking too much about gay rights now you are saying they are adamant on courting repubs (who arent with gay rights)?

how are they making courting republicans a big deal if they are adamantly calling for trans rights like you said?

:snoop:

You just admitted that you didnt keep up with the news during the election.

Democrats tried a strategy of campaigning in red states in an attempt to get republican voters to vote against trump. They actually lost blue states because they were busy trying to flip red states.

They tried this strategy while keeping the same pro immigration, pro gay rights, pro Muslim, anti gun, talking points.

It didnt work because Republicans dont fukk with any of that shyt.

The strategy was flawed.

djkumbaya

Pro
Daps

You just admitted that you didnt keep up with the news during the election.

Democrats tried a strategy of campaigning in red states in an attempt to get republican voters to vote against trump. They actually lost blue states because they were busy trying to flip red states.

They tried this strategy while keeping the same pro immigration, pro gay rights, pro Muslim, anti gun, talking points.

It didnt work because Republicans dont fukk with any of that shyt.

The strategy was flawed.
no, i said i dont keep up with media news. keeping up with the media cycle !== being informed. otherwise you wouldnt have so many idiots watching cnn and fox

campaigning does not equal courting. campaigning is sharing views and promoting them. courting is changing party values and conceding things, imo so maybe im just not getting your language

i think campaigning to a group and actively courting them are two diff things. so i didnt get who you said dems were courting to a group yet not changing any of their stances, just presenting them what they already believed and stood on

ie. i wouldnt say trump saying "there's my black person" as courting blacks when his policies are still racist

i was also confused bc you were saying they needed to stop talking about certain issues to win racists when thats clearly bad strategy and they need to get dems excited

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Conservative Dems don't win in the south either so that argument doesn't work. The only example is ol boy in west virginia. Of VA which is basically the establishment. Who are the Dems in power in the south that are conservative?
Don't strawman me.

I never said conservative dems. There are liberal dems who aren't progressives who win.

You want an example....

Sure. Roy Cooper unseated the incumbent republican after his transgender bathroom ban in a state that has a republican super majority in state legislature and was carried by Trump...

Here's his platform:

https://www.roycooper.com/issues/

NC is a swing state. A state Obama won, a state Bernie lost to Hillary in the primary, and is indicative of the people you keep referring to.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
campaigning does not equal courting. campaigning is sharing views and promoting them. courting is changing party values and conceding things, imo so maybe im just not getting your language

The Democrats themselves said that courting Republicans was a main strategy during the election.

It why they spent so much time and money in states they had no chance of winning. It's why they ignored blue states

They thought Republicans would hate trump more than they hate liberal policies.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Don't strawman me.

I never said conservative dems. There are liberal dems who aren't progressives who win.

You want an example....

Sure. Roy Cooper unseated the incumbent republican after his transgender bathroom ban in a state that has a republican super majority in state legislature and was carried by Trump...

Here's his platform:

https://www.roycooper.cowwm/issues/

NC is a swing state. A state Obama won, a state Bernie lost to Hillary in the primary, and is indicative of the people you keep referring to.
Of course Bernie lost NC. He lost black people who are oddly the most left economically in America. Like I said, primary versus general. Or the Obama argument I just made. The strawman is you acting like we said vote leftist everywhere. The argument is against stifling it from having a chance which Dems use money to do.

djkumbaya

Pro
Daps
The Democrats themselves said that courting Republicans was a main strategy during the election.

if so not a good one, but i also dont believe politicians should lie or hold back to get votes so im not gonna say they should, instead of just campaigning harder and being more "radical"

still, doesnt connect to your posts about black people and democrats being against gays/immigration that i originally pointed out

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
still, doesnt connect to your posts about black people and democrats being against gays/immigration that i originally pointed out
I said whenever you hear criticism about liberals in real life and online, it's always in reference to gay rights and trans using women's restrooms. You never hear criticism about actual progressive policy.

There's a reason Bernie kept saying that Democrats needed to cut back on the identity politics.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

It why they spent so much time and money in states they had no chance of winning. It's why they ignored blue states

They thought Republicans would hate trump more than they hate liberal policies.
truth

fukking chuck schumer said for every blue-collar democrat we lose, we will gain 2 moderate republicans. what a fukking tool

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Don't strawman me.

You want an example....

Here's his platform:

https://www.roycooper.com/issues/

The question is are y'all peeps coming out for mid terms :beli: