Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I actually think it’s possible. I was reading something where somebody noticed that if you’re 35 and under your only experience with republican presidents is GWB and Trump, who are quite likely the 2 worst presidents in US history.

Once this older, mostly white, uneducated fly-over state living voters die, the Republican Party will die with them.
this is what ive always thought. its also cause older people are more white proportionally.
basically its a matter of how much damage they can do before the sea change/paradigm shift

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I just hope this is the beginning of a huge political downfall for the republicans for 50 years.[/QUOTE
I just hope this is the beginning of a huge political downfall for the republicans for 50 years.
not in our lifetimes. they knew the game, plotted, and played for keeps. Gerrymandering, voter suppression, tossing rules and normal procedures to the curb to get what they want, while the other side of the aisle sat with their thumbs up each other’s asses hoping the other kids would bring the ball back to the playground so they could all play. Sure the presidential election and senate will flip back and forth a few times like it always has, but when the republicans get power they play to win, and pass laws to ensure they keep that power as long as they can at the local level. Until dems take the fukking ball back and go home with it ain’t nothing going to change

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I actually think it’s possible. I was reading something where somebody noticed that if you’re 35 and under your only experience with republican presidents is GWB and Trump, who are quite likely the 2 worst presidents in US history.

Once this older, mostly white, uneducated fly-over state living voters die, the Republican Party will die with them.
Excellent point hope you are correct.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
this is what ive always thought. its also cause older people are more white proportionally.
basically its a matter of how much damage they can do before the sea change/paradigm shift
does it matter at this point? they've got their people in position of power everywhere to change the rules in their favor. it's like would you rather have six pawns or a couple of knights.

it can't be emphasized enough how the trajectory for this country changed because of the "her emails", "super predator" boycott vote.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
they could do it with amy barrett too.

she is younger and more conservative than frat boy. not sure why republicans don't bush this guy and go to plan b. dems aren't winning the senate.
Don’t think the they could at this stage of the game. They sat on her allegation for a reason. They thought it’d be checkmate and go into the midterms with a guy that can’t get confirmed and no time to process someone else see before it flips. They didn’t realize they don’t give a flying fukk about morals when this is their last chance to set the courts up for decades

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
does it matter at this point? they've got their people in position of power everywhere to change the rules in their favor. it's like would you rather have six pawns or a couple of knights.

it can't be emphasized enough how the trajectory for this country changed because of the "her emails", "super predator" boycott vote.

thats gonna be costly but i think it will balance out a bit as a good amount of the oldest ones are conservative, and even some of the older ones appointed by democratic administrations are still conservative. even so getting those appointments back in 2021 possible and ramming them through needs to be a top priority.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Don’t think the they could at this stage of the game. They sat on her allegation for a reason. They thought it’d be checkmate and go into the midterms with a guy that can’t get confirmed and no time to process someone else see before it flips. They didn’t realize they don’t give a flying fukk about morals when this is their last chance to set the courts up for decades
dems have like a 15-20% chance of flipping the senate. that's probably being optimistic. so republicans could confirm her after the midterms. even if by some miracle the dems won the senate, do you honestly believe chuck schumer could rally his caucus to block barrett and any other pick for two years?

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
thats gonna be costly but i think it will balance out a bit as a good amount of the oldest ones are conservative, and even some of the older ones appointed by democratic administrations are still conservative. even so getting those appointments back in 2021 possible and ramming them through needs to be a top priority.
Congress can regulate the bench.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
dems have like a 15-20% chance of flipping the senate. that's probably being optimistic. so republicans could confirm her after the midterms. even if by some miracle the dems won the senate, do you honestly believe chuck schumer could rally his caucus to block barrett and any other pick for two years?
best case scenario is dems win the senate and leverage trumps hand to pick some more moderate kennedy type pick. they not gonna leave that seat open for two years

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I see 20% outcomes happen all the time in the sports betting world. Why risk it? Take the 100% shot all day long