Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Bruh said he was reading French and speaking Creole at three years old and handling contracts and business for his parents doing missionary work in Haiti.

Accepted to college at age 7

Went to marine corp boot camp at 13 until they found out he was under age. said he can run a 4.3 40 , the said he could run 4.1.

Katt was lyinging hiss ass off. Even Shannon had to pause at the 4.3.

Like bruh getting get worked by a 9 year old. Lol

Katt is funny as hell but he lying. Lol

He also was a navy seal at 15 years old.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Who's the source on this information? A gossip columnist?
Im not a Kat stan, just not gonna write off anything he says because of his arrests/how he delivers it. You obviously a stan of Steve/Ced/Ricky with the way you have your head in the sand when ppl present you with facts. Never cared for Ricky and never found him funny. Always respected Ced. Steve was also cool due to his family feud stuff. Never cared for his show or standup.
The source is Bernie Mac himself. In Ebony Magazine.

Damon Williams who was on tour with Steve mentions the article and the article mentions Ocean's 11 being the animosity between Steve and Berni
Should be timestamped instead but starts at like 2:15
In case you are too lazy watch 10s here is the quote
"It turned out that Bernie said in a GQ article that when he got Oceans 11, Steve Harvey tried to reach out to producers said he would be a better fit"
He says GQ but he obviously meant Ebony.

Did you not even bother to look at the coli link I put in there? Look at the op. It's citing a real article.
… Here’s a quote from a story written in 2003 about Bernie.. in it he mentions the riff between he and Steve Harvey…[source] Oh and Steve is now doing Sat morning in some markets? Now taking gigs from poor part time announcers too… I’m sorry, I’m starting to not like this sh……

… And work out they did. Having performed stand up at grungy comedy clubs for decades, Mac got his first big break when he became somewhat of a regular on HBO’S Def Comedy Jam in the ’80s. That led to small roles in numerous small-budget movies like Friday, House Party 3, Players Club and Booty Call, as well as a co-starring role in The Kings of Comedy, which grossed nearly $40 million. But perhaps his biggest break came when he was offered the part as a blackjack-dealing ex-con in the movie Ocean’s Eleven. With a cast that included Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Julia Roberts, Mac, by far the novice of the group, became a household name to a whole new set of people. The movie was a huge success, but caused a riff in his relationship with his Kings of Comedy co-star Steve Harvey. As the story goes, someone representing Harvey called Ocean’s Eleven director Steven Soderbergh to push for Harvey to get the part over Mac. “The Hollywood game that we are in, it’s a cold game,” he says of the person who tried to convince Soderbergh that Harvey was more popular and a better actor. “And the sad thing about it is all of us are doing well, so I don’t really see the problem. It didn’t bother me because I see the big picture. When they told me about it, what could I do? I’m not going to sling mud. I’m not a rapper. I tell jokes. I try to make people laugh. I’m not going to sling mud. Steve and anybody else can say whatever they want to say. Ain’t nobody got no control over me. I have the control.”
I tried searching but it's Ebony Magazine from like 20 years ago, it was in print, not online. I did come across this which also says it was an actual real article in Ebony with Bernie Mac. This is from 2012, there is no reason for them to lie about it being in Ebony Magazine.
16b2760e4f06899e255ba1a09f5a5a95.png

404b7bcafbc9c586f49e9de0dab6286a.png

For the part where Katt said he was the one that brought up Brandon doing Big Momma's house 2
Brandon T. Jackson says appearing in Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son was a “negative” turning point in his career. The actor and comedian dressed as a woman in the 2011 film where he starred alongside Martin Lawrence.

“Everything went wrong when I put on that dress,” Jackson told Comedy Hype in a new interview."

Jackson added that Katt Williams publicly warned him against taking the role, and claimed that Lawrence hasn’t been the same since the Big Momma’s House films. He also shared thoughts on Tyler Perry’s Madea character.

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
If Cassie decides to speak that shyt is making national news and she knows it she ain't getting on no fukkin Art Of Dialogue:mjlol:

That bítch was one rape settlement check away from going on Vlad. I don’t put anything past anyone.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Ocho comparing stealing jokes with nfl and teams stealing plays :francis:

I started listening to podcast in like 2007 and 99% of "talk shows" on podcast were comedians.

Bro, comedian life is (was?) rough. And I definitely understand why they take joke stealing so serious.

Findings a funny joke means getting shytted on 50 times and finding one that works by touring at shytty clubs all across the country.

Dudes be risking they sanity and lives to find a great set. So, coming at the finish line (once ppl love the joke) and stealing it is legit taking someone's hardwork.

A lot of top comedians steal or have less famous comedians writing for them...a lot who steal what they write.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Looking at it now, lmao, Ricky really ain't say nothing outta pocket! He just caught some shrapnel when Katt unloaded on everybody!!

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Or Katt wasn't willing to play the Hollywood game and Kevin was. Some people will do whatever for the bag/top spot, sacrificing their morals and dignity etc

From what I got from the interview Katt, was offered a lot of things that would've comprised his dignity and he either declined or said can we try this instead. The higher ups either found a willing participant who would do it or they trusted Katt's abilities and he kept his dignity

Corey Holcomb has said for years he'll never be on top because he's not sacrificing his morals for a bag. I believe him. I also believe Corey has burned a lot of bridges which has hindered him as well
I can pull up Kevin hart in a dress and getting bent over a police car and sexually raped like a sex doll.

Imagine me looking my wife and kids in the eye after doing some shyt like that and expecting respect.

“You did that for a check dad?”
“Yeah”
“Don’t you already have enough money to do what you want, why did you do that?”
“For more money”

Some things aint about the money. How much money do you need If you gotta do some shyt where you can’t look yourself in the mirror?

Dudes don’t understand KH success so they resort to hate. The bottom line is dude just works harder than everyone else. He ain’t above watering down his jokes to get jobs. He isn’t above overstating himself to secure the bag for his future.

Dudes like Katt think your standup special is the ultimate measure of success when it’s been proven that even the goats Pryor and Eddie left standup for Hollywood. And in doing that you have to be likeable you have to know how to network and not be angry or bitter all the time. Keeping it “real” doesn’t work in corporate world

Kevin’s also willing to get bent over a police car and get pumped up his butt like a sex doll on camera. You can do a lot to a man with no boundaries, and do a lot with a man with no boundaries. He’s putty, he has no spine, he’s mush.

You ain’t see Chappelles last special? Men set boundaries and men test boundaries. If I run Hollywood I know Kevin is my forever my bytch because in business because he’s going to do whatever degrading I want for these gold trinkets., and he’s not going to be respected outside of my business because I’m going to broadcast to the whole world how he’s my bytch.

$16 Million is not a huge budget at ALL for a comedy film. And that film also starred Monique, Snoop Dogg, and DL Hughley, who had established fanbases from Television and music.

This “Kevin Hart is a plant” shyt gotta be the dumbest urban legend in black entertainment history behind Tupac is alive in Cuba. You can trace Kevin’s grind going back to 1998
$16mill budget in 2005, when top list black actors and actresses are talking about how they’re only being paid maybe $100k for films in 2023?

You making excuses for Kev.

What C level comic getting a $25mill budget for a film?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Katt a smart dude.

This is his most recent comedy special.

He didn’t just “need” to set the record straight. This was calculated and he had those jokes written and sequenced like any other performance.

Dude found a way to put out a new special to reach millions of viewers N for free.

:what:

Ngga you supposed to get paid FOR the special tf :heh:

This is why I say Kevin hart = jay z, Katt = Dame

Just like dame, Katt has nggas giving him props for taking the long way yet talking it up like its a win, meanwhile the nggas he’s attacking are making more without hatin on another man

Mans said ‘he figured out a way to create crazy engagement and let another man get paid off it :obama: