Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Oh no I wasn’t accusing you of having that view

It was more about how people interpret the words you used like “politics” or “playing the game” as negatives when they’re mostly not negatives. I wasn’t saying that’s how you were using them
Networking has and will always be the biggest key to success. Don't burn bridges because you never know when that connection can come in handy.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Maybe it's me but I don't think Kevin Hart was a plant.

I think dudes like Katt are jealous of Kevin success so he will say Kevin was a plant :heh:

Just because Kevin "played the game" better doesn't mean he was a plant
He did kiss a man on film and put on the dress so a lot of comedians lost respect for him seeing as how he went through the whole humiliation ritual. :manny:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dudes don’t understand KH success so they resort to hate. The bottom line is dude just works harder than everyone else. He ain’t above watering down his jokes to get jobs. He isn’t above overstating himself to secure the bag for his future.

Dudes like Katt think your standup special is the ultimate measure of success when it’s been proven that even the goats Pryor and Eddie left standup for Hollywood. And in doing that you have to be likeable you have to know how to network and not be angry or bitter all the time. Keeping it “real” doesn’t work in corporate world

Facts

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nikka, it was a 2 sentence post. In essence I responded to 50% of the entire damn post.

Because you dealing with the death of your son that means Katt wasn’t dropping napalm of truth on you?

I thought you were responding to the post where it stated that Ricky brought on his manager from back when detailing what happened. My bad

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's how a lot of people get jobs.

Networking and connecting with people. It ain't always about your resume.
100% and it ain't close.

Lotta shyt ain't about merit, it's about who you know. And if you got both, you are gucci.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look man I don't find Kevin Hart funny and I've never fukked with him at all but how is he a plant?

He been grinding for years before he got on. Running around with Pattice O'Neal, Colin Quinn, Jim Norton, Bill Burr comedy types. Popping up in the Lean Back music video. Having a major huge look in 40 Year Old Virgin. Some bit roles in other Judd Apatow comedy series. He obviously kept working on his craft and networking in the industry.

He blew all the way up off his own comedy special on Netflix. Then the movie roles started getting greenlit.

Homie been on the outskirts looking in on some of these business deals, so by the time he was a star it seems like he knew how to play the game.

Remember I said he was running around with Patrice O'Neal? Well Patrice was getting big looks in Hollywood but admittedly fukked up everything on his own. Kev got to see all that

These dudes mad he got more money and fame than them even if he not as funny

I first saw Kevin Hart on Paper Soldiers, how can dude be a plant.

He is great at stand up, no. He is a funny actor, with charisma, yes.

I'm really struggling to see the point off What Katt did. And I enjoy Katts work. But this whole thing is just heh.

And like usual everyone now has to pretend to have never liked or watch anything Steve, Cedric, Blackson, Hart ever did. Just like When everyone suddenly hated Matt Barnes, etc after Kwame's mama's cooking :pachaha:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
its 90% bullshyt....but its entertaining.

Katt sprinkles some truth on a bunch of lies.

Because of the money mike role he made sure that Rickey had to wear a dress for all of his next few movies with him :mjlol: .....Like do dudes actually think the money mike role in Friday after next was some transformative role or something? why all this beef for that :mindblown:
Money mike was a transformative role for Kat Williams, that got him in GTA