Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Rickey Smiley responded on his morning show today. He actually kept it pretty mellow. Said he wasn't gon' come at Katt on some comedy war shyt b/c he has kids and he knows how it feels cuz his own kids was upset at the interview and he ain't tryna keep that going---I know some will choose to believe that's cap though, but I can see that.

He also came with some receipts as far as Friday After Next and called an old manager from way back when who remember it the same way. He auditioned, got told the Money Mike part was his and he just needed to read for it 1 more time than last min, they told him they were switching him to Santa cuz Katt presumably came in & knocked it out the park. Said when he read for it, Money Mike didn't even have the pimp aspect yet and was just gon be sum annoying dude at the mall strip fr but acknowledged that he could have never done what Katt did with the role.

He ran into Katt a while back in the A while driving wit his Grandpa or Dad and they had coffee, Katt met/hugged his dad and far as he know wasn't no issues, and he didn't think telling a BTS movie thing on Shannon's show would cause such an issue.

End of the day, he wished Katt well, told people to still support him when he come to his area (Birmingham), and mentioned he has his own special he just filmed in Birmingham recently about to come out. Also said he might not do arenas or anything like that but said he's had sold out shows for the past decade in the theaters and whatnot. They also made fun of his show gettin' canceled cuz even he acknowledges it was a flop.

He took a very nuanced approach. I aint mad at it. Still think Katt was out of line for the "dead child" comment too which he touched on saying he's in therapy still and whatnot.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Some things might not be the truth and some is, but I wasn’t there and nobody on here as well, so we really have to set back and laugh and then see these other dudes and females respond, then u can be like umm umm ok, something not adding up

I already know steve and kevin hart both going to play the PC speech so they don’t fukk up they connections but both in their homes madder than a motherfukker..

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Look man I don't find Kevin Hart funny and I've never fukked with him at all but how is he a plant?

He been grinding for years before he got on. Running around with Pattice O'Neal, Colin Quinn, Jim Norton, Bill Burr comedy types. Popping up in the Lean Back music video. Having a major huge look in 40 Year Old Virgin. Some bit roles in other Judd Apatow comedy series. He obviously kept working on his craft and networking in the industry.

He blew all the way up off his own comedy special on Netflix. Then the movie roles started getting greenlit.

Homie been on the outskirts looking in on some of these business deals, so by the time he was a star it seems like he knew how to play the game.

Remember I said he was running around with Patrice O'Neal? Well Patrice was getting big looks in Hollywood but admittedly fukked up everything on his own. Kev got to see all that

These dudes mad he got more money and fame than them even if he not as funny
I just don’t like i don’t know breh don’t be dropping facts

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Rickey Smiley responded on his morning show today. He actually kept it pretty mellow. Said he wasn't gon' come at Katt on some comedy war shyt b/c he has kids and he knows how it feels cuz his own kids was upset at the interview and he ain't tryna keep that going---I know some will choose to believe that's cap though, but I can see that.

He also came with some receipts as far as Friday After Next and called an old manager from way back when who remember it the same way. He auditioned, got told the Money Mike part was his and he just needed to read for it 1 more time than last min, they told him they were switching him to Santa cuz Katt presumably came in & knocked it out the park. Said when he read for it, Money Mike didn't even have the pimp aspect yet and was just gon be sum annoying dude at the mall strip fr but acknowledged that he could have never done what Katt did with the role.

He ran into Katt a while back in the A while driving wit his Grandpa or Dad and they had coffee, Katt met/hugged his dad and far as he know wasn't no issues, and he didn't think telling a BTS movie thing on Shannon's show would cause such an issue.

End of the day, he wished Katt well, told people to still support him when he come to his area (Birmingham), and mentioned he has his own special he just filmed in Birmingham recently about to come out. Also said he might not do arenas or anything like that but said he's had sold out shows for the past decade in the theaters and whatnot. They also made fun of his show gettin' canceled cuz even he acknowledges it was a flop.

He took a very nuanced approach. I aint mad at it. Still think Katt was out of line for the "dead child" comment too which he touched on saying he's in therapy still and whatnot.
Grown man shyt

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Plus Katt blew up years before Kevin.
If there was a slot, Katt fumbled it then

Or Katt wasn't willing to play the Hollywood game and Kevin was. Some people will do whatever for the bag/top spot, sacrificing their morals and dignity etc

From what I got from the interview Katt, was offered a lot of things that would've comprised his dignity and he either declined or said can we try this instead. The higher ups either found a willing participant who would do it or they trusted Katt's abilities and he kept his dignity

Corey Holcomb has said for years he'll never be on top because he's not sacrificing his morals for a bag. I believe him. I also believe Corey has burned a lot of bridges which has hindered him as well

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's called sarcasm breh obviously he just saying he read alot :mjlol:
That part was obviously an exaggeration but when you combine that with some of his other statements....

A lot of the comments about Kevin Hart was just patently false. How are you going to say Kevin didn't grind it out on the West Coast when you can go on YouTube right now and see his early standups in LA?

He said Cedric has zero Netflix specials...you can go on the app right now and see that's not the case

It's just these little things that are so easily verifiable that make you go..."ok breh :stopitslime:"

Katt was hilarious and there were a lot of nuggets of truth (like Steve Harvey being a hater and a biter) but some of it gets lost in the bullshyt

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
:hubie:I could be wrong so y’all can fact check me. But didn’t Steve try to steal Bernie’s Ocean 11 role behind his back. On some real snake shyt telling the director that he was funnier. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Steve was talking shyt about Bernie behind the scenes.
I had heard this long before Katt mentioned it so there’s no doubt he did that