Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
"The chronic is hip hops equivalent to Songs in the key of life. It's the benchmark you measure your album against if you're serious"-Kanye West

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
ehh all these people didnt write lyrics. Some may have just been a line he sampled/borrowed that constituted a credit.

Some may have changed a synth idea. Some may have suggested he do a melody a different way.

But this is the Coli so I'll let y'all cook. :ld:

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
Oh right because Kanye doesn't already have a catalog of hundreds of fire beats he produced by himself :upsetfavre:

:stopitslime:

Hes good with just add water SAMPLES (just place drums over samples) thats why is early stuff is good. Kanye is best known for the chipmunk sample sound as far as producing.....thats where it stops. Other than that Rymefest and a few other skilled rappers always had a hand up Kanyes ass telling him what to say in songs.

41RYWHRYBTL.jpg

Be good at making a bowl of cereal or microwave popcorn. Then hire some master Chefs to do the work then call your self a master Chef brehs.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
Someone that understands this industry explain how you split up profits from a song between so many people.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I havent heard the song yet but if its not a whole damn live band list of names that makes up for 18 people then yall need to stop making excuses for Kanye.

It is what it is.

Can you help me crack this egg?

Can you help me scramble this egg?

Can you help me season this egg?

Can you help me put this egg on the plate?

now help me do this with the rest of my food please.

LOOK EVERYBODY! IM A TOP NOTCH CHEF!!! IM THE BEST!!!
I think this is a really bad analogy.
Go to any 5 star restaurant and look at whose in the kitchen.
9/10 it's the employee's bringing the chef's recipe to life.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
I think this is a really bad analogy.
Go to any 5 star restaurant and look at whose in the kitchen.
9/10 it's the employee's bringing the chef's recipe to life.

:mindblown:

So now 5 start restaurants have average ass cooks telling a bunch of Master Chefs what to make?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown:

So now 5 start restaurants have average ass cooks telling a bunch of Master Chefs what to make?
Strawman.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a five star restaurant either.
The head chef or owner of the restaurant will come up with the dishes but
serving the people takes an entire team, it's rarely if ever a one man effort unless it's
a small outfit.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
Strawman.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a five star restaurant either.
The head chef or owner of the restaurant will come up with the dishes but
serving the people takes an entire team, it's rarely if ever a one man effort unless it's
a small outfit.

Your not understanding what in sayin...

Does Kanye West even know how to play any instrument at all besides a MPC? Does Kanye West know about Key notes and chords beside trying to hum them out? How can he be a Master Chef if he dont know his tools even work? He gotta pay people to cook for him and i have no problem with that line i said its a very good hustle and that man made Millions doing it. but to be called A Master Chef you need to be a damn Master Chef.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your not understanding what in sayin...

Does Kanye West even know how to play any instrument at all besides a MPC? Does Kanye West know about Key notes and chords beside trying to hum them out? How can he be a Master Chef if he dont know his tools even work? He gotta pay people to cook for him and i have no problem with that line i said its a very good hustle and that man made Millions doing it. but to be called A Master Chef you need to be a damn Master Chef.
I can somewhat agree but there are many legends in Black music who honestly probably couldn't
read sheet music or tell you where they are in the scale when they're humming.
Famous talents like Prince and Michael come to mind, Prince couldn't tell you what an interval is
or where on the staff any of the 12 notes land but the guy can and has written a lot of good music.
And I'm not saying the Kanye is in league with the all time greats, I'm just saying dudes like Prince,Michael, Marvin, Stevie etc.
Still need other people to bring their vision to life.

And the MPC like FL Studio or Reason or Logic etc. Is an instrument to a Hip Hop producer.
They're electronic but I don't think that takes away from them at all.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You need to outline these "rules of hip hop" you have in your head bruh because you're not making any sense

Im making perfect sense,what your feeling is denial which causes people to play dumb sometimes:sas1:.

No need for me to outline shyt,try to praise Kanye as an emcee and see how quick ya deposit gets rejected:mjlol:....Watch how quickly he gets written off,then maybe you'll understand the rules:sas1:

Im not even saying its true because I don't know,but theres been a lot of people saying they know Kanye uses a bunch of writers,looks to be some evidence to go along with that....He needs to address it is the bottomline,aint nobody trying to hear you Kanye stans make up excuses why he's still great anyway because "That's what great chefs do:troll:"

I praised Dre for his production for a long time,but the more info that comes out sorry to say his standing has taken a hit in my eyes...Kanye not writing his own shyt SEEMS to be more out there to the general public than Dre not being as involved as we thought...both need to address whats really going on:manny:...people at least knew Dre didn't write his own shyt though,Kanye bout to get lumped in with Dre on that note the longer he sits on it.

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
But he has writers breh. Now we givin all rappers a pass for not writing their own shyt. I'd lose respect for Black Thought, Chuck D, Masta Ace, Brother Ali, Pharaoh Monch, Talib, Kendrick, or Logic etc. If they had a team of writers writing their catalog. Just call Kanye a entertainer or a music conductor. This is rap. Save all those writing credits for pop, rock, soul, and r&b stars.

Ya worship kanye so much that ya make excuses for his lame attempts at being creative. This dude can do no wrong in ya eyes lol.

One of these is not like the others breh :whoa: