¥$ (Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign) - Vultures 1 (Discussion Thread)

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the amount of lyrical trash that’s been put out over the past 5 - 10 years, yall nikka really gonna talk about “bars” on a Kanye West album? :mjpls:

Not a 26 year old Kanye, not even a 36 year old Kanye.. but a 46 year old Kanye. Who has never been a lyrical MC.

Yall so full of shyt. Most fans don’t support “bars”. They wouldn’t know a bar if it slapped them in the face.

This album is for concerts and clubs. Party music. Strip club music. Yall expected him to rap like nas or some shyt :mjlol: stop it.
We didn't expect him to rap like nas
But there is better club/strip club/concert lyrics out there (see Future, Drake, 21 Savage, etc). And it's cool that he's not on their level cause he has his own style. But even by his own style and standard, this is his worst album lyrically.

But i admit the album is growing on me slightly. It has its moments.

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's impossible for him to release something ass production wise and that's why everything he releases has a high floor but man does him as an artist hamper this album like crazy. He doesn't have shyt to say that's all that interesting and not fukking stupid (whether mindless or shyt im not gonna sympathize with). Ppl saying its his best since tlop but im more interested in what hes trying to convey on everything since then other than this tbh. Even musically, the other stuff is more engaging imo. I couldn't help but listen hoping he doesnt ruin some of the tracks, instead of feeling confident he'd feel like the star no matter how big the feature or how many features there are on any given track.

The one song I feel comfortable calling great is the title track. Back to me is nice too. I dont mind the Dogma sample either. When you have a chant like on Carnival, it's gonna be hype but the lyrics are too corny for me.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
With the amount of lyrical trash that’s been put out over the past 5 - 10 years, yall nikka really gonna talk about “bars” on a Kanye West album? :mjpls:

Not a 26 year old Kanye, not even a 36 year old Kanye.. but a 46 year old Kanye. Who has never been a lyrical MC.

Yall so full of shyt. Most fans don’t support “bars”. They wouldn’t know a bar if it slapped them in the face.

This album is for concerts and clubs. Party music. Strip club music. Yall expected him to rap like nas or some shyt :mjlol: stop it.

This is a bullshyt excuse and you know it. Your a better poster than this

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is a bullshyt excuse and you know it. Your a better poster than this

Kanye peaked with Graduation. Everything after that, I didn't expect much. Didn't really fukk with Watch the Throne or Donda.

But Kanye is at a point in this life where he's not going to spit shyt he's already talked about before. If you listen to this album and then look at everything he's been through over the past 3 years, lyrically I expected it to be disjointed and rebellious. This album is aligned with what he's been through and where he's at.

And this is the type of album, you have to play loudly.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I saw an interview where Erick Sermon said he produced Kanye's next album (after the ¥$ trilogy).

Sounds exactly like something that will never drop. And probably would suck.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
Kanye peaked with Graduation. Everything after that, I didn't expect much. Didn't really fukk with Watch the Throne or Donda.

But Kanye is at a point in this life where he's not going to spit shyt he's already talked about before. If you listen to this album and then look at everything he's been through over the past 3 years, lyrically I expected it to be disjointed and rebellious. This album is aligned with what he's been through and where he's at.

And this is the type of album, you have to play loudly.
Blasphemy. :hhh: