Kanye West - Life of the Party ft. Andre 3000 (shots at Drake) (Ye claims GD !!!)

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
"He made 808's so he's everyone dad, know he ever gets sad"

That's what I was referring to when I was talking about his mental health. People just shrug off/make fun of/make conspiracy theories out of Kanye's issues because he's Kanye. He's telling people straight up that he really does get sad. I get it he's a clown at times but he played it straight here so I'm going to take his word for it.

Ah, don't get me wrong. I truly believe Kanye is suffering from his mental illness and goes through a lot. You can just tell his emotions run high and fast. His speech he gave when he was running should have proved to everyone he is going through some shyt and his lifestyle/goals may be making it worse.

With that being said, the way he handles his mental health publicly is lowkey disgusting with him being anti-meds, surrounded by yes men and increasingly non-apologetic about the things he says while psychotic.

Even in this song he references the crazy theory that Kim is setting up north for playboy even though he was the one dressing her beyond her age in merch and shyt, while Kim was and has been the total opposite with her children.

He's upset they're going to an actual school and not his cult shyt he's building in Wyoming.

That makes me less sympathetic, honestly. He's essentially thumbing his nose at ppl actually concerned about his mental health while still tryna use this as crutch for his actions. He's filthy rich; he's not lacking access to help - he just doesn't want it.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
SMH

THIS IS THE SOULFUL shyt DONDA SHOULD HAVE SOUNDED LIKE.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE
SOME 05-07 YE.

THIS TRACK WOULDNT
HAVE EVEN MADE SENSE

SONICALLY ON THE CURRENT DONDA.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YE?

STOP TRYING TO FIT
IN WITH THESE NEW nikkaS
AND MAKE TRACKS LIKE THIS.

:devil:
:evil:

Dude had a layup for AOTY and fukkING BLEW IT :mindblown:!

• 12 Tracks instead of a bloated ass half ass gospel album
  • The theme focusing on his mother along with personal stuff
  • Dust off the MPC 2000xl and hide in a dusty small ass room in Chicago, instead of blowing millions on a damn stadium stay:dahell:
  • Close the album out with this piff and keep it under wraps by any means to blow folks minds

He fukking blew it:camby:

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Dude had a layup for AOTY and fukkING BLEW IT :mindblown:!

• 12 Tracks instead of a bloated ass half ass gospel album
  • The theme focusing on his mother along with personal stuff
  • Dust off the MPC 2000xl and hide in a dusty small ass room in Chicago, instead of blowing millions on a damn stadium stay:dahell:
  • Close the album out with this piff and keep it under wraps by any means to blow folks minds

He fukking blew it:camby:

It's annoying because he's so concerned with "pushing the boundaries" when he really doesn't have to anymore. Kendrick is that guy now, and to be honest he really doesn't either. Just make a great project and everyone will love it no matter what-this track is proof if it. The "genius" of Ye is his Achilles heel...I say that as someone who enjoyed the album.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
The "genius" of Ye is his Achilles heel.

That's actually accurate as fukk tbh bro. Super succinct way of summing up modern ye. Donda would have been amazing if he trimmed instead of going all the way on everything. The 7 song, short album way was a gem he should have stuck with. Or even 12.

But damn near 2 hours is fukking insane for literally anybody

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
Wow. Been listening to Andre 3000 for years and never cried listening to him flow before hearing his verse here :mjcry:. He really does have a way of painting the story…it hurt to hear him; this was a nice track, though. Kanye always does nicely with his beats.

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This sounds like a 2009 Ye production, beautiful sound and the bars with it.

I think 3 Stacks ghost write Ye's verse tho. Sounds like his flow and vocabulary.

I wonder why it didnt make the album, this was a perfect intro tone setting type song. Donda really needed this.
Andre not finna ghostwrite for anybody....

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The song's cool, the reaction to it and everything surrounding it is fukking weirdo shyt though. I don't really see the Drake diss either "I told him to stop playing with me", "I told him to stop with the funny shyt" that's it? That's what all this noise is about?

I also don't see the mental gymnastics people are doing about Kanye somehow dragging Andre's verse down when they fit thematically. Andre's rapping about losing his parents, Kanye's (for the most part because his shyt is all over the place) rapping about what he's lost since his mother's been gone.

The deterioration of his image:

• The red hat
  • The shouldn't-have-said-thats
  • The reference to him being the butt of a joke on South Park.
The deterioration of his relationship with Kim/her family and him losing his kids both spiritually (oversexualization) and physically:

• That whole playboy thing regarding his kids that he went on a rant about a while back.
  • The kids being yanked out of his school and being sent back to Sierra Canyon.
The deterioration of various other relationships:

• CyHi
  • Drake
  • Travis
  • Virgil Abloh
The deterioration of his mental health, the fact that nobody takes it seriously and his gratefulness to Monica Corgan for actually being there for him.

This isn't even cryptic Lupe shyt it's there in plain English it's just the ramblings of a guy reaching out to his mom saying things would be better if she were here she'd know what to do. Guys care more about fake drama than they do the actual music. This 2021 rap shyt is gay.
This . Ye was Venting to his moms. I felt that as soon as i heard it.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Ah, don't get me wrong. I truly believe Kanye is suffering from his mental illness and goes through a lot. You can just tell his emotions run high and fast. His speech he gave when he was running should have proved to everyone he is going through some shyt and his lifestyle/goals may be making it worse.

With that being said, the way he handles his mental health publicly is lowkey disgusting with him being anti-meds, surrounded by yes men and increasingly non-apologetic about the things he says while psychotic.

Even in this song he references the crazy theory that Kim is setting up north for playboy even though he was the one dressing her beyond her age in merch and shyt, while Kim was and has been the total opposite with her children.

He's upset they're going to an actual school and not his cult shyt he's building in Wyoming.

That makes me less sympathetic, honestly. He's essentially thumbing his nose at ppl actually concerned about his mental health while still tryna use this as crutch for his actions. He's filthy rich; he's not lacking access to help - he just doesn't want it.
Exaaaactly. Thank you!. People use that mental health shyt to excuse all the fukk shyt this nikka do.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Exaaaactly. Thank you!. People use that mental health shyt to excuse all the fukk shyt this nikka do.

It's wild because I truly truly care about mental health in the black community. I'm advocate for taking care of your mental health and acknowledging the issues, which is why I'm 100% open about my mental health issues and my successes with medicine and therapy.

It's something that should be fundamental to our community and ye had the perfect opportunity to be the face of it all, but he's just joking about it and living in his privileged ability to still be successful while outwardly being manic and shyt.

He's actually doing harm on that tip and it sucks

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils

That makes me less sympathetic, honestly.

Oh I get you, like I said dude's a clown and there's a fair argument that a lot of his problems are self-made but when you're a child reaching out to your parent (and you'll always be a child when it comes to your parents no matter how grown you/society think you are) the fact that you made a mess is irrelevant to the relationship, or the process of you reaching out. You're reaching out because of how the mess makes you feel and you trust your parent to get you through it.

I'll explain it in this way, I've got a son and he's exploring and I let him do his thing so invariably he makes messes. When he realizes that he's made a mess and he's not happy he reaches out to me. I know he made the mess, he knows he made the mess, none of that matters to him at that moment he's just reaching out because he trusts me to solve it. When the time comes when I can't just magically make his messes go away he'll learn to trust me to help him get through it but he's always going to reach out to me because I'm his dad. Watching that process play out with my son and that relationship develop has made me appreciate how that same process (still) plays itself out with my parents and the relationship I have with my mother and that I had with my father (but he's gone now).

I don't have to have sympathy for Kanye or his decisions to see what's going on here, I sympathize with and understand the relationship with his mother and the connection he's attempting to establish, I see the child reaching out to his parent. Because that's really all it is, he's using music as a medium but all he's doing is talking to his mom. Even when other peoples names are mentioned it's "I told X this", "I said this" he's not talking to or addressing any of those people he's just talking to his mother about them (and how he feels about them/particular situations) but because it's Kanye guys are going to start capping and act like they give their parents disclaimers and take responsibility for everything whenever they're venting to them.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The song's cool, the reaction to it and everything surrounding it is fukking weirdo shyt though. I don't really see the Drake diss either "I told him to stop playing with me", "I told him to stop with the funny shyt" that's it? That's what all this noise is about?

I also don't see the mental gymnastics people are doing about Kanye somehow dragging Andre's verse down when they fit thematically. Andre's rapping about losing his parents, Kanye's (for the most part because his shyt is all over the place) rapping about what he's lost since his mother's been gone.

The deterioration of his image:

• The red hat
  • The shouldn't-have-said-thats
  • The reference to him being the butt of a joke on South Park.
The deterioration of his relationship with Kim/her family and him losing his kids both spiritually (oversexualization) and physically:

• That whole playboy thing regarding his kids that he went on a rant about a while back.
  • The kids being yanked out of his school and being sent back to Sierra Canyon.
The deterioration of various other relationships:

• CyHi
  • Drake
  • Travis
  • Virgil Abloh
The deterioration of his mental health, the fact that nobody takes it seriously and his gratefulness to Monica Corgan for actually being there for him.

This isn't even cryptic Lupe shyt it's there in plain English it's just the ramblings of a guy reaching out to his mom saying things would be better if she were here she'd know what to do. Guys care more about fake drama than they do the actual music. This 2021 rap shyt is gay.

seems like you know more than the average Kanye fan :ohhh:

as for the fake beef, I wouldn’t be surprised if this all lead up to a Drake vs Kanye versus in the near future :banderas:

they could draw this beef out a few months and have it happen on thanksgiving or something :ohlawd: