KANYE WEST IS A TOP 5 MUSICIAN OF ALL TIME!

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Remember back when Ye had just dropped MBDTF and US magazine mentioned to Quincy Jones that people were comparing Kanye to him and Q was like :stopitslime:

Quincy Jones: Kanye West is 'just a rapper'

"How, man?" he said. "No way. Did [Kanye] write for a symphony orchestra? Does he write for a jazz orchestra? Come on, man ... I'm not putting him down or making a judgment or anything, but we come from two different sides of the planet. I spent 28 years learning my first skill. I don't rap. It's not the same thing. A producer has to have some sort of skills that enable him to be a producer. It's a whole different mindset. No comparison. None."

Q was on some :camby:

Top 5 Top 5 Top 5 Top 5

:mjlol:

"Just a rapper" that don't even write his own raps, what is he really?

Kayne West is also a Top 5 marketer.

don-draper-gif.gif

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ye has the most solid discography out of any artist in the past 20 years or so.

808's was an experimental album and ten yrs later it still resonates across hiphop and even other genres

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
He's not fukking with Marvin Gaye, Isaac Hayes, Stevie Wonder, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Roy Ayers, Led Zeppelin, Gamble & Huff, Sly Stone etc

And we haven't even gotten into Jazz...

Breh I don't think you understand the gravity of being a 'top 5 musician'...

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Ye has the most solid discography out of any artist in the past 20 years or so.

808's was an experimental album and ten yrs later it still resonates across hiphop and even other genres

tossin1.gif

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Its crazy how he steps into other territories and takes over

LR is beautiful baroque
Grad is that stadium status pop
808s he smashed the new-wave/coldwave sound
MBDTF makes prog rock bands look like amateurs
Yeezus is top notch electronic music

Truly a Goat producer/artist :manny:
:dahell: No it doesnt. Couple dramatic string ensembles don't make an album prog

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
He's not fukking with Marvin Gaye, Isaac Hayes, Stevie Wonder, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Roy Ayers, Led Zeppelin, Gamble & Huff, Sly Stone etc

And we haven't even gotten into Jazz, or classical...

Breh I don't think you understand the gravity of being a 'top 5 musician'...

Well I'm saying....people give him Top 5 rapper nods while admitting he's not great at rap...he just makes "great music"

I love Hip Hop, I love the art of rap...fukk giving nikkas who aren't great at rap, greatest rapper awards/mentions/placements. "They" push that shyt and in turn get the kids to repeat it because they don't respect the art of rap, they don't respect Hip Hop culture.

If it's cool to be a "top 5" rapper while you got "30 people making your music for you" and not even be that nice at rap but all that is excused because the music is so "great"...why not just call him a top 5 musician? Because somebody like Quincy Jones would smack one of you nikkas with a trombone :mjlol:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Well I'm saying....people give him Top 5 rapper nods while admitting he's not great at rap...he just makes "great music"

I love Hip Hop, I love the art of rap...fukk giving nikkas who aren't great at rap, greatest rapper awards/mentions/placements. "They" push that shyt and in turn get the kids to repeat it because they don't respect the art of rap, they don't respect Hip Hop culture.

If it's cool to be a "top 5" rapper while you got "30 people making your music for you" and not even be that nice at rap...why not just call him a top 5 musician? Because somebody like Quincy Jones would smack one of you nikkas with a trombone :mjlol:
Kanye's a producer first and foremost... I put him up there with George Martin, Quincy Jones and Norman Whitfield :ld:

He might even be top 5

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Kanye's a producer first and foremost... I put him up there with George Martin, Quincy Jones and Norman Whitfield :ld:

He might even be top 5

Nah, he's Top 5 rappers of all time. 2pac just doesn't have the "discography" to compete.

Calling him a great producer isn't enough, being Dr. Gay, I mean Dre of his generation isn't sufficient to define his greatness.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Nah, he's Top 5 rappers of all time. 2pac just doesn't have the "discography" to compete.

Calling him a great producer isn't enough, being Dr. Gay, I mean Dre of his generation isn't sufficient to define his greatness.
He's top 5 fashion, top 5 a&r, breakdancing, graffitti'ng, top 25 guitarist, best basketball player without a chip :ehh: