KANYE WEST IS A TOP 5 MUSICIAN OF ALL TIME!

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many instruments does Kanye actually play?

Great producer with a great catalog, but musician? Nah.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
808's >>>>>>>

SMH...I dont know how I put Prince over Stevie.

The list should go

Beethoven
Mozart
Duke Ellington
Miles Davis
Stevie Wonder

and Prince is 6th because Miles Davis said Prince was the new Duke Ellington.

Beethovens was deaf and Stevie is blind. Kanye isn't even handicapped.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Remember back when Ye had just dropped MBDTF and US magazine mentioned to Quincy Jones that people were comparing Kanye to him and Q was like :stopitslime:

Quincy Jones: Kanye West is 'just a rapper'

"How, man?" he said. "No way. Did [Kanye] write for a symphony orchestra? Does he write for a jazz orchestra? Come on, man ... I'm not putting him down or making a judgment or anything, but we come from two different sides of the planet. I spent 28 years learning my first skill. I don't rap. It's not the same thing. A producer has to have some sort of skills that enable him to be a producer. It's a whole different mindset. No comparison. None."

Q was on some :camby:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Kanye has to be the most average rapper with the most classics

Or, the most average rapper with the most "classics" post-when that word actually meant something.

The shyt has been co-opted by outsiders...top 10's, top 5's, "lists"....have all gone from baber shop conversation to music industry jargon.

You see Cambatta ask his fans if he can make a "classic" without having a "for the ladies" type song? Who was he really asking? The fans? Or the critics so that he can tick all the boxes to get reviews that will actually put him in the public sphere?

:sas2: