Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I honestly feel bad for those who can’t sit back and enjoy this album. It’s funny most critics are returning back to the album and praising it after the fake outrage.
520k WW after a Sunday release is really good. Now give me WTT pt.2 & I’ll be good. Went to the lake a few days ago with a friend and noticed a black family get together was there barbecue and having fun & they played the entire DONDA album while we was there. Had a nikka like :wow:

If a Black Family plays a album at a BBQ that's all you need to know, that's how I know these cats on here claiming to be Black that don't know shyt about Black Music, Black Culture or hip hop. And if they black they wasn't raised in a traditional Black Family most likely bougie wanna be white family. This album is what Black Family plays at family events because all generations from The Children, Pre Teens, Teens, Young Adults, Old Heads and Elders can listen to it, it has something for everybody

I want a Jay Electronica fully produced album by Kanye West, And I want a Kanye West, Kid Cudi and Travis Scott Collab album, another Kid See Ghosts and I take WTT2

Last edited:

AJD

Superstar
Daps
Man fukk what anybody gotta to say about this album, after really digesting it this album most definitely slaps. So many layers, Ye lately been unable to produce fire hooks like college dropout to MBDTF days but the dude regained that magic.:wow:
The features almost all had fire verses and cuts, he really brought the best in a lot of these dudes, especially fivio. Even got Jay elec and imagine if he added the Andre 3 stacks song to the album, would be arguably be the best track on the album.
Separating the man from the music he's dropped some very enjoyable music. I been
vibing to this shyt since it dropped.:wow:

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Unlike other Ye albums (I always felt like they just hit you from the get-go), this one is gonna be a grower for people. A year or so from now, people may feel differently about it.

If I remember correctly, people were divided on how they felt about 808s, & Yeezus.....In time a lot of perceptions about those albums changed for the better. I think Donda could fall into that category.
Same with TLOP too.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Okay as the days past and more people sit with this album and soak it up Donda is getting high praises, this album ain't for you playlist, short attention span as muthafukkas this album is like great albums from our rich history of the 60's and especially 70's that you have to sit with, digest it.

I'm saying this right now this album will go down as a classic

In 5 years folks are gonna look back at this album the same way they looked back at 808’s and “Yeezus.” They will appreciate it more.

The one thing I didn’t expect was the replay value of the album. It really is on a whole other level.

What “DONDA” has that CLB lacks is soul. You can FEEL that Kanye put his heart and soul into this. You can tell this was a personal project for him to spiritually and mentally let the grief go from his mother’s loss. Maybe I connect with it more since I suffered through loss this past year with my grandmother and uncle’s death. So this album hits differently for me..

To be quite honest, I look at this as Ye’s “4:44.” Just raw emotion.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get another album from him for a few years..

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
In 5 years folks are gonna look back at this album the same way they looked back at 808’s and “Yeezus.” They will appreciate it more.

The one thing I didn’t expect was the replay value of the album. It really is on a whole other level.

What “DONDA” has that CLB lacks is soul. You can FEEL that Kanye put his heart and soul into this. You can tell this was a personal project for him to spiritually and mentally let the grief go from his mother’s loss. Maybe I connect with it more since I suffered through loss this past year with my grandmother and uncle’s death. So this album hits differently for me..

To be quite honest, I look at this as Ye’s “4:44.” Just raw emotion.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get another album from him for a few years..
Kanye West is a ultra talented cat..no.matter what, he's ahead of the curve. I expect this sound top notch..we'll see.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
If a Black Family plays a album at a BBQ that's all you need to know, that's how I know these cats on here claiming to be Black that don't know shyt about Black Music, Black Culture or hip hop. And if they black they wasn't raised in a traditional Black Family most likely bougie wanna be white family. This album is what Black Family plays at family events because all generations from The Children, Pre Teens, Teens, Young Adults, Old Heads and Elders can listen to it, it has something for everybody

I want a Jay Electronica fully produced album by Kanye West, And I want a Kanye West, Kid Cudi and Travis Scott Collab album, another Kid See Ghosts and I take WTT2
I didn't want to say it, but you're 100% correct. This a album black people are going to love, people hat grew up in black church will love this album. I've noticed most yt people don't fukk with it like that, they don't understand the gospel/soul influences in the sound. Album is flames.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Better have Life Of The Party on there or don’t even bother

What version of the song would you want?? The OG thats floating around now? Or new verses recorded over the beat?

Andre 3000 I think would have to re-record what he laid down, and I would think Ye would have to lay new vocals as well. Keeping the Drake dissing on the record would break from the theme of the entire project.