Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
this album is definitely growing on me more and more as I drive around and listen to it
Came into say this. There’s a great album buried in this. Now that I’ve pretty much sifted through it and really digested the album, I’ve found a good amount of songs I really fukk with.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
this album is definitely growing on me more and more as I drive around and listen to it

Unlike other Ye albums (I always felt like they just hit you from the get-go), this one is gonna be a grower for people. A year or so from now, people may feel differently about it.

If I remember correctly, people were divided on how they felt about 808s, & Yeezus.....In time a lot of perceptions about those albums changed for the better. I think Donda could fall into that category.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
One thing that irritates me a little bit is that he has baby keem and Travis Scott on a dope ass beat like Praise God and then he puts older generation artists on some of the more boring/irritating beats like Jay Z on Jail. There should be a Praise God pt 2 feat Pusha T and No Malice so I can get rid of the first part.

Kanye really outshines some of his features on this, I think he was also better than fivio and Playboi Carti on Off the Grid. Fivio was good but Playboi Carti in particular was a waste on that dope ass trap beat imo.

I'm a bit if a hater though, I genuinely do not like Travis Scott or Playboi Carti, I only like Travis' ad-libs.

I really mess with this album though, a few tracks I skip and would like to rearrange it in a format that I like, but I'm genuinely taking at least 10-15 tracks on this album.

Absolute favourite tracks are 24 and New Again. New Again really feels like something off Graduation. Love that song.

Last edited:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Y'all dudes don't mess with 808s? :stopitslime: 808s is a masterpiece.

Late registration
College dropout
808s
Graduation
MBDTF
Donda (could've been top 5)
Kids see ghosts
Yeezus

I have to listen to his other projects again TLOP, Watch the Throne. Didn't even listen to Ye because I wasn't fukking with him with his Trump bs. But even Yeezus isn't that bad of an album.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Unlike other Ye albums (I always felt like they just hit you from the get-go), this one is gonna be a grower for people. A year or so from now, people may feel differently about it.

If I remember correctly, people were divided on how they felt about 808s, & Yeezus.....In time a lot of perceptions about those albums changed for the better. I think Donda could fall into that category.
I hated 808s when it dropped.

Now, it is a top 5 Ye album for me

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
I like to consume new albums front to back rather than skipping tracks, so taking me a while to listen to this all the way through in one go a good amount of times a while but it's growing on me. The length really put me off as life busy with work but this shyt is real good. Can defo do with some of the features but this album particularly second half is pretty special.

I find the first half of the album weaker

Nas album my AOTY so far, and this won't top it but same time what I love about Kanye is he really does shyt that makes you go :ohhh:, and push the boundaries. You can hate on Kanye but he is an artist and tries to push himself

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
One thing that irritates me a little bit is that he has baby keem and Travis Scott on a dope ass beat like Praise God and then he puts older generation artists on some of the more boring/irritating beats like Jay Z on Jail. There should be a Praise God pt 2 feat Pusha T and No Malice so I can get rid of the first part.

Kanye really outshines some of his features on this, I think he was also better than fivio and Playboi Carti on Off the Grid. Fivio was good but Playboi Carti in particular was a waste on that dope ass trap beat imo.

I'm a bit if a hater though, I genuinely do not like Travis Scott or Playboi Carti, I only like Travis' ad-libs.

I really mess with this album though, a few tracks I skip and would like to rearrange it in a format that I like, but I'm genuinely taking at least 10-15 tracks on this album.

Absolute favourite tracks are 24 and New Again. New Again really feels like something off Graduation. Love that song.
I’d say the opposite. I think Ye’s features killed him for the most part. My biggest issue with this project is Kanye’s repetitive lyrics. Especially over some of these beats, the part 2, and the length of some of these tracks, it can get unbearable.