Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I keep going back to the “sound” of the album.

Sonically, DONDA feels as though it originated from a another idea. It all started with the stripped down/minimalist sound of Yeezus…..and over time as he went to work on ye, TLOP, & JIK, he was still building the signature sound he has now. Layers and layers over the Yeezus skeleton.

I think it’s with DONDA he has finally perfected that “formula” in his mind. Those who don’t like the album have grips about the direction, lyrics, length, etc…..but I don’t see complaints about the production. For all the albums perceived shortcomings the production isn’t one of them.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
One thing that irritates me a little bit is that he has baby keem and Travis Scott on a dope ass beat like Praise God and then he puts older generation artists on some of the more boring/irritating beats like Jay Z on Jail. There should be a Praise God pt 2 feat Pusha T and No Malice so I can get rid of the first part.

Kanye really outshines some of his features on this, I think he was also better than fivio and Playboi Carti on Off the Grid. Fivio was good but Playboi Carti in particular was a waste on that dope ass trap beat imo.

I'm a bit if a hater though, I genuinely do not like Travis Scott or Playboi Carti, I only like Travis' ad-libs.

I really mess with this album though, a few tracks I skip and would like to rearrange it in a format that I like, but I'm genuinely taking at least 10-15 tracks on this album.

Absolute favourite tracks are 24 and New Again. New Again really feels like something off Graduation. Love that song.

Yeah that Carti shyt was a waste, I could barely call that rapping.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
honestly the more I'm listening to Donda the more I am enjoying it:yeshrug:

its all over the place yeah but its got some good music and he again tried new things which I respect:ehh:

If this stem player becomes a thing, it opens up the album to be interpreted by listeners as they see fit. Being able to make changes to the tracks themselves may give the album wings, and a long shelf life. It really all depends on getting the player out to the public and deep people can go with the changes they will be able to make.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Okay as the days past and more people sit with this album and soak it up Donda is getting high praises, this album ain't for you playlist, short attention span as muthafukkas this album is like great albums from our rich history of the 60's and especially 70's that you have to sit with, digest it.

I'm saying this right now this album will go down as a classic

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
I honestly feel bad for those who can’t sit back and enjoy this album. It’s funny most critics are returning back to the album and praising it after the fake outrage.
520k WW after a Sunday release is really good. Now give me WTT pt.2 & I’ll be good. Went to the lake a few days ago with a friend and noticed a black family get together was there barbecue and having fun & they played the entire DONDA album while we was there. Had a nikka like :wow: