Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
shyt is strange. A supposedly pro-black website is so hyped for a man who was pro Trump. Told us slavery was a choice. Doesn’t write his own raps and let’s Euro whites feed him in limousines.

Dude is a clown with a whole bunch of clowns telling him how great his whack ass music is.

Really says a lot about who really post on here

facts

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Remember the writer over at Pitchfork who gave a bias and unfair review of Nas’s “King’s Disease 2”? Well he is back..this time at GQ

Good review and mirrors what many here said. This is not a “Christian” album. I can’t even determine what about God appeals to Kanye outside of absolution. Nearly every features feels the same in that sense. It reminds me of Tony Soprano attending therapy not to become a better man, but to become a better criminal/sociopath.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
shyt is strange. A supposedly pro-black website is so hyped for a man who was pro Trump. Told us slavery was a choice. Doesn’t write his own raps and let’s Euro whites feed him in limousines.

Dude is a clown with a whole bunch of clowns telling him how great his whack ass music is.

Yet here you are in the Donda thread. You're addressing your post to yourself breh.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Honestly I expected pure trash and got mid instead....at this stage of the game, that's success lol

There are some good joints but they are buried under a mountain of filler. He shoulda stuck with the 2nd edition. It ain't terrible but I have no desire to listen to it again

He needs a strong executive producer that will edit out all the meh material. Ye isnt capable of trimming the fat anymore

I'd give it a C+:yeshrug:

Basically a 2021 TLOP....with more god talk

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

Don’t matter if it’s a artist they like or even hate. Including u. No offense lol. U shouldn’t be in here based off everything u posted

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I think Yeezus has one moment, and Ye had nothing of note. NOTHING. But Yeezus was pretty offensive sounding, consider it had 'help' from Daft Punk and Travis

The YouTubers are NOT shytting on this album at all, Those who have nothing to gain or lose from giving their honest opinion but views. But their scores don't get included in any aggregator.
No Mistake and Ghost Town are good

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good review and mirrors what many here said. This is not a “Christian” album. I can’t even determine what about God appeals to Kanye outside of absolution. Nearly every features feels the same in that sense. It reminds me of Tony Soprano attending therapy not to become a better man, but to become a better criminal/sociopath.

It’s not a Christian album cause maybe you aren’t a Christian and can’t relate :manny:

Either that or you might be one of those “judgemental Christians” Kanye raps about :hubie:

that said, a few of those guest verses shouldn’t be on this album and they don’t fit on what a “Christian album” should reflect based on Christian values, etc....

Lil Yatchy verse :camby:

and I’m not even sure what Jay electrical is rapping about, he’s like a new religion every verse I hear :mindblown:

but Christianity/God is the over arching theme of the album clearly

how many times does Kanye need to say Jesus is lord, save me, forgive me, Holy Spirit, etc.... to make it a Christian album in your eyes :childplease:

it may not be a church/gospel album but it’s a Christian one

like I’m 100% sure any serious Muslim would be uncomfortable listening to some songs :youngsabo:

But the music is fire so they probably give it pass :banderas:

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
It's not *only* a Christian album, though I'm not sure you could say Christianity isn't a large part of what's presented thematically.

I enjoy hearing all the opinions, bad and good though some people are really just skimming in hopes that something jumps out at them instead of listening.