Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Add only these and you got an enjoyable album:
1. Jail feat Jay Z
2. God Breathed ft. Vory
3. Off The Grid ft. Playboy Carti & Fivio Foreign
4. Hurricane ft. Lil Baby & The Weekend
5. Praise God ft. Baby Keem & Travis Scott
6. Jonah ft. Lil Durk & Vory
7. Ok Ok ft. Fivio Foreign & Lil Yachty
8. Believe What I say ft. Lauryn Hill
9. Remote Control ft. Young Thugga
10. Moon ft. Don Toliver & Kid Cudi
11. Heaven & Hell
12. Keep My Spirit Alive ft. Conway the Machine & Westside Gunn
13. New Again ft. Chris Brown
14. Jesus Lord pt 2 ft. Jay Elec &The Lox

:hhh: How you leave Come to life off?

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
Yea ok. Lol
I mean, how many pt 2' has he had on an album WITH the original. That's dumb, save it for the upgrade or deluxe.

They're literally the same songs with different verses.

Diamonds from Sierra Leone is the only one I can think of.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
I'm the only here that wants NOTHING to do with Remote Control. Praise God was filler to me, and the alternative versions to Junya and OK OK were better to me as well, Shenseea killed it

Chainz would have sounded at home with some of these organs however. I'd be a little tight.

Last edited:

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
Facts. And Lord I need you for that matter. That 4 track run from lord I need you to No child left behind is too good :wow:
I just got here, to see this many pages of so much hate.

Ridiculous.

He gets the people going whether they like it or not :pachaha:

I have never listened to a 2nd Logic album in my life, why tf I'ma go in a new logic album thread if I know I don't wanna listen?

:what:

Like y'all really mad Kanye popular and I think it's clouding your judgement.

I'm not even Christian but the songs are still good.

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Add only these and you got an enjoyable album:
1. Jail feat Jay Z
2. God Breathed ft. Vory
3. Off The Grid ft. Playboy Carti & Fivio Foreign
4. Hurricane ft. Lil Baby & The Weekend
5. Praise God ft. Baby Keem & Travis Scott
6. Jonah ft. Lil Durk & Vory
7. Ok Ok ft. Fivio Foreign & Lil Yachty
8. Believe What I say ft. Lauryn Hill
9. Remote Control ft. Young Thugga
10. Moon ft. Don Toliver & Kid Cudi
11. Heaven & Hell
12. Keep My Spirit Alive ft. Conway the Machine & Westside Gunn
13. New Again ft. Chris Brown
14. Jesus Lord pt 2 ft. Jay Elec &The Lox
This is my exact playlist that I made from this album. Except I have no child left behind as the intro and I don’t have New Again on my playlist.

those 14 to me are enjoyable. Won’t be going back to any of the other tracks.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I’ve given the album multiple listens in the gym, at home, in the car….on Air Pod Maxes, Bluetooth speakers, etc.

I like the album a lot. To me it’s his best work since TLOP. Yes there is some filler, and the album could have been refined/polished more, and sequenced better. The highs are really high for me, and I find myself on the fence of what my favorite track is (that’s when I know I like an album a lot and whether it has longevity).

While I love the production, I do feel he’s been stuck with this current sound since TLOP. From College Dropout till Yeezus, he made huge departures in the sound from project to project. Since Yeezus, it feels like his sound hasn’t changed much. Not necessarily a bad thing because he’s been refining, fine tuning it….but next time around he needs to make another drastic departure in sound.

I can understand why the album is a letdown for many. People are going to have polarizing views and that’s ok. I do think it may have been better received without all the theatrics/delays.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I mean, how many pt 2' has he had on an album WITH the original. That's dumb, save it for the upgrade or deluxe.

They're literally the same songs with different verses.

Diamonds from Sierra Leone is the only one I can think of.
Thats Kanye. The same nikka who released an album like DLC that wasn’t finished yet and has been doin goofy shyt like that ever since. The same nikka who said his dream was to do a Nas album just for him to turn around and botch Nas’ recording process, engineering process, album release. Album cover and beats on the album. Same nikka who fukked Teyana Taylor over so bad with her album release that she stopped fukkin wit him and quit music for the most part. That Universal shyt was a lie fam. His own team showed the whole process of turning it in online before the official release. Lol

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Thats Kanye. The same nikka who released an album like DLC that wasn’t finished yet and has been doin goofy shyt like that ever since. The same nikka who said his dream was to do a Nas album just for him to turn around and botch Nas’ recording process, engineering process, album release. Album cover and beats on the album. Same nikka who fukked Teyana Taylor over so bad with her album release that she stopped fukkin wit him and quit music for the most part. That Universal shyt was a lie fam. His own team showed the whole process of turning it in online before the official release. Lol

Where did they show the process :comeon:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY

That Teyana album was the best R&B album that year. Kanye the GOAT R&B producer (okay, not really but he's up there). That Nas thing was dumb. Ye tried to do that 1 album per week nonsense but there were interesting things that came out of that. I still liked it.

I personally don't mind the album updates after release. He sort of discovered something there. With streaming, the music you put out doesn't need to be the final product. You can still make changes. I remember he updated one of the 808 tracks this way like 5 years after release date. He thinks outside the box. Sometimes for the better sometimes it's for the worse but I like that he goes for it.