Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Daps
The high points are really high
The low points are just mid

which makes this a solid 8/10

If Ye were to strip this down to the 12-16 best tracks it would be his best album so far

• Dap
Reactions: AVO

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
People get left of albums and even movies all the time.:yeshrug:
Yeah I remember the actress from 13 Reasons Why was announced to be in Avengers, filmed several scenes for the Avengers, was credited, but her scenes didn't actually make the final film. Same thing with shorty in the original Justice League movie who played Flash's love interest and had her scenes cut in the theatrical cut, but they put it back in for the Snyder cut.

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
This is true, however, Ye's actual verses are much better on here than they have been since YEEZUS and MBTDF.

His last 2 albums were forgettable for me, I did like TLOP because of the production and features. Ye had some awful bars on that album, but it was still fire.

My main complaint for DONDA is it's sequencing, not the actual music on it
I agree. How would you list it?

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
Yeah I remember the actress from 13 Reasons Why was announced to be in Avengers, filmed several scenes for the Avengers, was credited, but her scenes didn't actually make the final film. Same thing with shorty in the original Justice League movie who played Flash's love interest and had her scenes cut in the theatrical cut, but they put it back in for the Snyder cut.
Adrien Brody was supposed to be a lead in Terrence Malick’s war movie (Thin Red Line) and when he saw it at the premiere he had like one scene.:mjlol:

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
"Believe What I Say" hits so well because it's one of the few songs that has some actual energy and is fun. Like Piff said earlier half of this album is like one long interlude or intro track, their doesn't seem to be a lot I will revisit on this album.

"Jail Pt 1", "Jesus Lord Pt 2", "Believe What I Say", "Off The Grid" (Fivio bodied that :whew:) and "Remote Control" will stay on my playlist for a while.

Will give it a few more spins but it definitely hasn't caught me in full. Especially considering the piff that has dropped this year - listening to Nas and Rashad prior to this makes it sound even worse. I found it disappointing that the guests either didn't know it was a clean album or didn't bother to change their verses to fit the theme. I'm guessing Ye never told them.

Bleeping out explicit lyrics always turns me off on some projects. In fact, if an artist contributing to this project was able to get off without the swearing/replacing some lyrics.....its more respect because it shows they can adapt their pen game.

Daps
I love watching Kanye stans bend over backwards to act like something is good when it’s mediocre or worse. Can’t believe the wait was for this 27 track snoozefest.

Too much Jesus, not enough bite.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Finished, it's a jumbled up project, reminds me of TLOP and I enjoyed that album too.

I think the first half was great. Fivio snapped, Jay Elect snapped, and Cyhi had to lace this man Ye because I haven't heard him come with bars like this in awhile which was cool. Remote Control might be the best joint, I had to rewind that shyt like 3-4 times.

27 songs was a bit much, the pt 2 songs I can see if people say weren't needed. Hov and Ye on Jail was dope. This is probably the last dope project he's put out since TLOP imo. (Excluding the collab KSG) I can def say I'll be spinning this back a lot more than I can say for Ye and Jesus is King.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Truth. I said the same last night.

When dude started getting away from the soul samples and wanted to make "stadium shyt", as he called it, that's when he started falling off. Way too many features on the new shyt. And he sounds like he's trying to hop on what dudes damn near 1/2 his age are doing, musically. Kanye was at his best, when he was leading and being original. Now, it sounds like he's chasing whatever the current sound is, literally from the production, all the way down to the flows.

The first half of his catalogue is flawless. But the quality of his shyt fell off crazy during the past decade or so. It's wild.

Soul sampling wasn't original in the 1st place. He was never original. This is his original. He's wack at his core. It just took the soul out to see it

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On first listen Hurricane in the only track I’m feeling. I’ll give it another few spins but nothing is really blowing me away