Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
When your not getting support/love from your fellow artists and your a SUPER STAR like Kanye its a bad sign.

Almost no other artists are posting or showing love to the album. Not even Kanye’s day 1 GOOD Music homies. No Lebron sharing your shyt on IG Live. None of that

95% of those are paid for by labels as promotion.

And LeBron was posting vids bumping Eminem so who gives af what he's listening to :hhh:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Praise God
Believe what I say
Moon
No child left behind
Are the ones I like the most
I have to listen to it again to check again

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Oh so you need other celebrities to tell you if its ok to listen to:mjlol:

You sound like you're 14 :hhh:

Already heard the album. :umad:

Disappointing in the fact that if you cut it down to the best 14 tracks you’ve got an EXCELLENT album but as is its a meandering, bloated, unfocused mess. More of a playlist than an album

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
95% of those are paid for by labels as promotion.

And LeBron was posting vids bumping Eminem so who gives af what he's listening to :hhh:
When KD and Lebron are bumping indy projects I really don't think most of those are paid for. I doubt Conway was paying Lebron to bump La Maquina earlier this year on Instagram.

But I definitely believe you that major labels probably pay athletes like him to do that shyt for bigger artists.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Disappointing in the fact that of you cut it down to the best 14 tracks you’ve got an EXCELLENT album but as is its a meandering, bloated, unfocused mess. More of a playlist than an album
I'm also disappointed that there's no album cover. I get that there's probably some deeper artistic meaning behind it, and that maybe it's symbolic, or super creative, but it comes off as being a bit lazy to me. And it makes it seem like even more of a playlist when there's no artwork. Especially since Kanye has had so many incredible album covers throughout his career. He's been one of the better artists when it comes to unique cover art.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Disappointing in the fact that of you cut it down to the best 14 tracks you’ve got an EXCELLENT album but as is its a meandering, bloated, unfocused mess. More of a playlist than an album
Your reply has nothing to do with your hype beast comment.

Good day

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
When KD and Lebron are bumping indy projects I really don't think most of those are paid for. I doubt Conway was paying Lebron to bump La Maquina earlier this year on Instagram.

But I definitely believe you that major labels probably pay athletes like him to do that shyt for bigger artists.

Kanye played the album for KD weeks ago and he tweeted about the songs on it.

LeBron, again, who cares. He bumps trash like Eminem. LeBron is not the barometer of what's hot in music

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm also disappointed that there's no album cover. I get that there's probably some deeper artistic meaning behind it, and that maybe it's symbolic, or super creative, but it comes off as being a bit lazy to me. And it makes it seem like even more of a playlist when there's no artwork. Especially since Kanye has had so many incredible album covers throughout his career. He's been one of the better artists when it comes to unique cover art.

Yea I didn’t like it when Mos Def did it. I didn’t like it when Lupe Fiasco did it. And I don’t like Kanye doing it now.

Just comes off lazy.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
then go play college dropout, don’t nobody wanna hear them redundant sped up soul samples sounding like the chipmunks.fukk that old ass sound ,Kanye evolved his sound on graduation & never looked back

he threw you stuck in the past fools a bone with bound go play that on repeat it’s over

You can keep this “new” bullshyt LMAO

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
When your not getting support/love from your fellow artists and your a SUPER STAR like Kanye its a bad sign.

Almost no other artists are posting or showing love to the album. Not even Kanye’s day 1 GOOD Music homies. No Lebron sharing your shyt on IG Live. None of that
Eh that’s more of a thing for dudes like Meek or Tyga. Ye has absolutely no need for these dudes. Everybody knows him either you fukk with him or not at this point.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
then go play college dropout, don’t nobody wanna hear them redundant sped up soul samples sounding like the chipmunks.fukk that old ass sound ,Kanye evolved his sound on graduation & never looked back

he threw you stuck in the past fools a bone with bound go play that on repeat it’s over

LMAO AT THIS CASUAL.

KANYES BEST ALBUM

LATE REGISTRATION
ONLY HAD 5 SPED UP SAMPLES...

HEY MAMA, CELEBRATION ADDICTION, WE MAJOR...
"LATE" WAS THE ONLY ONE
WITH THE CHIPMUNK SOUND.
ON A 16 SONG ALBUM

GRADUATION ON THE OTHER HAND
HAD 6 SPED UP SAMPLES...

GOOD MORNING, CHAMPION, I WONDER,
EVERYTHING I AM, DRUNK HOT GIRLS,

WHILE "THE GLORY" WAS THE
ONLY ONE WITH CHIPMUNK SOUND
ON A 13 TRACK ALBUM.

WHAT YOU JUST CALLED EVOLVED
WAS MORE OF THE SAME.