Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Didn't he give him a whole super machine? I wonder what happened
Edit: he took his verse off.

Last edited:

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That's how you know RYM ain't shyt, hating on pac the goat
Kanye score will dip in the coming week as he is one of the most reviewed artist on there. Usually around 10000 plus reviews and it was just under 5000 when I posted earlier.

but 3.73, especially on rym is people loving the album contrary to what people are saying in the thread saying the album is not getting love

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
He’s got a writing credit but is not physically on the album.

Souljah Boy mad too.

Seems like a bunch of artists were expecting to be included on the album. But Kanye’s been doing shyt like this since at LEAST MBDTF, working with a vast patchwork of artists and then picking and choosing the best verses, hooks, features, etc. to be included on the final product.

I have no idea why any artist would EXPECT to be included on a Kanye album until the shyt is actually released.
Why are sane people still working with this nut?. All his copy and paste bullshyt.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Praise God should be the obvious first single and the first song he does a video for. I can picture myself getting tired of it because I heard it so many times on the radio already. :ehh:
Apparently the roddy song will be the first single from what I heard on ktt2

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

OH OK OH OK I’M NOT OK

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The album is a mess. There are a couple shining moments, like Jail (part one...), Believe What I Say, and Remote Control but much of the rest of the album feels like an overly long interlude for something that never truly begins.

I'll revisit the album but I truly have no interest in these tracks. Every album I've listened to this year, even albums I wasn't super sold on, had something I was curious to revisit. I think a major reason is because thematically this boils down to a lot of "thank god I'm successful." There is no real examination of faith or doubt. This isn't Christianity. It's the vapid spirituality you sense when the most ungodly entertainer says "first off I want to thank god" after winning an award. It feels trivial. Even moreso when you can hear multiple features have their curses edited out of tracks. As if they didn't even care enough to not curse on an album about "god." In fact the only time I felt any genuine faith was Jay Electronica's amazing verse.

Production wise...it's solid but this is the fourth Kanye album in a row where I didn't feel like envelopes were being pushed sonically, or he was advancing the ball. Yeezus really seems like it's going to be the last interesting thing he does/did. I liked Pablo overall but I'm talking about production/beats. Does anyone feel like this is going to be one of the best produced albums of the year, come December? I sure as hell don't.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Y’all two were directly under me, so I’m not gonna quote everyone who called it trash. I just wanna know, would you consider yourself a Kanye fan?
I am a fan of good music and this sonically sounds mediocre. To their eyes it probably sounds magical and or they as in the features artist wanted that nice check to be on this album. I hold Kanye to what he supposely holds himself to and most of the tracks I heard aren’t special. Like I said it’s call of duty music, same sounds through the decade hyped up and remixed.

Y’all stans can enjoy the album, whatever makes you happy but this isn’t really innovative to me personally.

my ear is sharp so i doubt when I listen later with some higher quality OTH my opinion will change.

So far its just really high quality made but subpar music. ill take back the word trash though since thats kinda harsh