Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Might have took flows/lyrics from those same unreleased verses and did it himself or told other acts to do them as well.

Taking ESTABLISHED artists contributions and utilizing them as glorified reference tracks without explicitly explaining that to said artist is verrrryyyyyyyyy bad business. I wouldn’t think Kanye would be on that type of time

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
From a production standpoint the transition from trap to UK drill for fivio foreign's verse on Off The Grid is genius, he put a good verse and bridge on it too, but everybody else was trash on it. :russ:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Taking ESTABLISHED artists contributions and utilizing them as glorified reference tracks without explicitly explaining that to said artist is verrrryyyyyyyyy bad business. I wouldn’t think Kanye would be on that type of time

Agreed, but it may explain some of the anger/resentment toward this album from the industry. Just some conjecture.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
irrelevance is the direction in which each successive post-Pablo album is veering, like some endless noodling over the same beat into the heavens. This album is flabby dad bod in musical form. Midway through streaming it, a trap jingle for Old Spice came on. It took me 20 seconds to realize this wasn’t one of the 27 tracks off Donda. That’s the type of album we’re talking about here. But if this slog somehow brings you closer to God, more power to you.”

Critic’s Notebook: Kanye West’s ‘Donda’ Is a Muddled Wallow in Navel-Gazing – The Hollywood Reporter

YIKES:huhldup: looks like the Honeymoon’s over with the white media

I'll be honest they do need to stay in their lane. These critics need to go where they are asked to be. Just reading it pissed me off, sounds spiteful.

This is a good album

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
I'm feelin

Off The Grid
Hurricane
Pure Souls
Come to Life
Moon
Jesus Lord
Jesus Lord Pt 2

It seems obvious Jesus Lord and Pt 2 was the main reason he released this. I mean them 2 shyt on the rest of this record. If he built around em this couldve been that great Christian rap album he was looking for

c00n can keep rest of em shyts :hubie: a lot of bloated filler, bad sequencing, confused overproduction and unnecessary guest spots. Half this album is serious :trash: that most other rappers wouldve gotten clowned for putting out :manny: like i cant imagine the reaction if Chance corny ass released alot of these tracks :picard:

And its mostly the guests thats the reason for em hot tracks and we know how Ye "productions" go with all them nikkas pitching in like Hitboy just said. This album perfectly describes Ye actually. Incredible curator of talent one of the best ever but he not near the best rapper or producer by himself.

158 credits :heh:

ultimatemike

I'm about a dollar..
Daps
This is not a very good album at all.

I can't believe the amount of time he took to 'perfect' this album and the project is this bad.

Poser ass nikkas paying $40 for a soda and $65 for a hot dog to watch this nikka press play on Windows Media Player.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Praise God should be the obvious first single and the first song he does a video for. I can picture myself getting tired of it because I heard it so many times on the radio already. :ehh: