Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
It's mixed right now but his MC user score is 60 which is not good

The coli is such a confusing bunch. On one end it’s, “only pitchfork and vulture cacs listen to Kanye. Can can sprinkle shyt and they’ll give him a 9.3 :damn:
But now we should care about those same exact pitchfork cacs? :skip:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
irrelevance is the direction in which each successive post-Pablo album is veering, like some endless noodling over the same beat into the heavens. This album is flabby dad bod in musical form. Midway through streaming it, a trap jingle for Old Spice came on. It took me 20 seconds to realize this wasn’t one of the 27 tracks off Donda. That’s the type of album we’re talking about here. But if this slog somehow brings you closer to God, more power to you.”

Critic’s Notebook: Kanye West’s ‘Donda’ Is a Muddled Wallow in Navel-Gazing – The Hollywood Reporter

:huhldup:

deeman

All Star
Daps
He already fukked the replay value making the album so damn long. It’s such a chore listening to ye now.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
irrelevance is the direction in which each successive post-Pablo album is veering, like some endless noodling over the same beat into the heavens. This album is flabby dad bod in musical form. Midway through streaming it, a trap jingle for Old Spice came on. It took me 20 seconds to realize this wasn’t one of the 27 tracks off Donda. That’s the type of album we’re talking about here. But if this slog somehow brings you closer to God, more power to you.”

Critic’s Notebook: Kanye West’s ‘Donda’ Is a Muddled Wallow in Navel-Gazing – The Hollywood Reporter

:huhldup:
Damn :picard:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This shyt is disjointed as fukk. It does share a unified theme in that most of the songs incorporate some semblance of gospel instruments, but the sheer number of subgenres of hip hop it touches with it's features is just weird.

You can't just buy a good album with features. shyt is weird man, I don't even know what mood to be in listening to this album cuz it has so many different sounding and feeling songs. I almost feel like he should have gave half the songs to the artists that were featured on the songs and let them put those songs on their own future projects.